Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2577 02/02/01 11:03 PM

For the past days, I’ve been ill, so I couldn’t participate in this discussion. I would like to add something to the initial posting and the first follow-ups:

Stay Centered

Stay Calm

Stay Relaxed

There is no failure, only feedback

What happended to those principles during this first postings?

Intuition

Intuition is a great thing, but analysing the mental and emotional make-up of a person just by just one or twoe questions/remarks? A bold claim.

Politeness

I am a satisfied customer of Learning Strategies Corporation and I really appreciate the loyalty displayed here to LSC. But I really wonder if this loyalty just got a bit out of control? A bit too personal, perhaps?

And, by the way, not every joke, every irony needs a smilie to get it and a smilie does not alway take away the sting of sentence.

Jens

#2578 02/03/01 02:35 AM

Jens, come on, he called us semi-illiterate! That's below the belt. But you do have a point, I know I went a little far...it was fun though...I'm a bad person. Jk, I won't do that again.

Hypothetically. Say someone offers you a drug that would make you a veritable genius...a Master PhotoReader. The drug, however, has some side effects. Those side effects are EQUIVALENT to drinking one or two beers a day in brain/liver damage. Do you take it?

My answer would be no... if I could accomplish the same level of genius in the much the same period of time, without all the side-effects.

My answer would be yes if I did not have the control over such aspects of my mind. Just as I might take a drink of alochol every now and again, I would take that pill. But only because I could not produce the same result in a healthier, more efficient manner.

Tim, I think what you say jives well with both your age and your idealism. In time though, I think you can expect that rigid belief to almost certainly fade into something slightly more moderate.

I am not this rigid, I am only saying that if I could have the control of my mind and body that some masters claim to have, I would see no need for alcohol in my life. With such skills, I could choose, just as I would choose to pick up a glass of beer, to change my state, and *bingo*, social barriers fall to the waistside, shame and fear cease to exist. Come to think of it, with some of the strategies in Tony Robbin's Awaken the Gaint Within, I could see this skill being pretty easy to learn. ...hummmm, interesting....

#2579 02/03/01 04:13 AM
OP Offline

Bravo, Jens! I believe you have taken the time to "read between the lines". I tip my hat to you, fellow thinker.

#2580 02/03/01 05:32 AM

My answer would be no... if I could accomplish the same level of genius in the much the same period of time, without all the side-effects.

Funny you should say this... Today I graduated from the brainwave generator to Cool Edit Pro... I'm like a kid in a candy store, making my own mixes. So many options and attributes to tweak and test! The waveforms are so so so much more powerful. I've been playing with them for hours and I feel quite euphoric at this moment with all of the serotonin and endorphin stimulation. I'm thinking your very same thoughts... if I can enter any state of consciousness at will (or at least with the press of a button)... who needs drugs or anything like that! It's amazing, truly, what binaural sound can do.

And Miss Agua, please end this. I usually strive to be as diplomatic as possible, but this issue is just soooOOOO amazingly, incredibly trivial.

#2581 02/03/01 01:43 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Beer? I actually squeezed a grapefruit and a half of a lime--great concoction. "Time for a beer" just seemed like the thing to say.

#2582 02/03/01 04:03 PM

I actually squeezed a grapefruit and a half of a lime--great concoction.

Why? (That's an incredibly alkaline combo.) What do you notice when you drink it? (Mindpower?)

#2583 02/03/01 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
Beer? I actually squeezed a grapefruit and a half of a lime--great concoction.

That's sounds really good. If only I had a lime. And I guess a grapefurit would help as well....

#2584 02/03/01 05:57 PM

Actually, straight lemon juice is just as good as lime and both are better than grapefruit (for alkizing purposes).

#2585 02/04/01 04:31 AM

Well, I don't know about that.

Let me explain. In Brazil, whenever you order a coke they ask you you want a lime, and I tell you, it makes a whole of difference. So now that I'm back in the states, I always ask for a lime in my coke, and I get a lot of strange looks. I could care less about the looks, but when they bring me a lemon instead of a lime, I'm very disappointed. Lemons and limes taste completely different. Oh, I failed to mention the fact that they don't really have lemons in Brazil. Limes are pronounced "lemon" and are a greenish-yellow. Somewhat sweeter than American limes. Good stuff... good stuff....

#2586 02/04/01 04:48 AM

in terms of pH...
I was in Croatia this summer (vacationing no less) and too was conditioned to lemons.. lemons with everything including coke. gotta love the cafe culture

[This message has been edited by Brian649 (edited February 03, 2001).]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved