Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I am trying to activate my first bok but it is taking me a just as long as normal skimming would and I don't feel like its saving me any time at all. Does this process speed up as I become better at photoreading? Will I necessarily have to read over everything I want to remember in order to remember it? Because if thats the case the whole process seems just like regular skimming. Or is the idea of it that your eye is drawn to the more important sections so unlike skimming you are being efficient with your time?

The answer to your concerned question of whether or not it becomes faster the more you photoread, the answer to that is a definite yes. The more books that you photoread, and fully activate, the faster you will be able to become.

There are a lot of times when your eyes are drawn to certain areas of the page, and you'll find that a lot of the time, it has good information that fits your goal and purpose for photoreading the material.

SuperReading, is not skimming. It's usually using little hints and feelings, as well as following trigger words that you picked up while Previewing. At least. . .that's the way it's been for me.

Is superreading & dipping a fancy word for 'skimming' but it's a lot better than regular skimming since you're skimming what hold 4-11% important information?

Not really...see when you skim, you kind of just look over the whole thing really fast.

When you super read and dip, you "skim" (you really aren't even reading anything) paragraphs until you get the feeling to dip. When you get that feeling, you regular read what you've dipped into. After that, you continue super reading.

It's kind of like the 4-11%, thing, although that number highly reflects words like "the" "and" "is" "but" as being exclusive from the content of the sentence. For example, in the sentence, "John bought himself a rusty double-barreled shotgun that he could go hunting with," you could say that the only words you have to "read" are "John bought...shotgun...hunting..." the rest slightly modify it, but you'll get the point. Depending on the question you asked yourself (a necessary step) before you started, different words will stand out to you more. For example, if you asked yourself, "What clues in this story tell us that John is an older backwoods hick?" then the words "rusty" and "old" would have also stood out. Never forget to ask yourself a question; it's what switches all the stuff you photoread into a "filter" mode.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Ramon,

So photoreading is a tool to accomplish our purposes quickly , rigt? Since i usually don't want to know everything in the books , PR would save a lot of my time. But what if i want to read college book which i have to know everything in it?

Theerapun,

Photoreading is actually better than normal reading. Using the whole mind system successfully, you'll actually gain a higher level of comprehension than normal reading, and you'll get it done anyway from five, to twenty times faster. Knowing everything in a book is the entire point of photoreading.

I think I would recommend that you get a coach.

Youngprer,

I don't live in USA so i can't call the coach. The phone call is too expensive. But that isn't a problem since i already have a good friend explaining everything to me through e-mail.

So far i've successfully activated only portions of a book. It means i haven't experiene the true AHA feeling yet. But ... my biggest problem right now is ...
i think i CAN'T use photoreading the whole mind system for college books also interesting book which i want pleasure. Because , as i understand , photoreading is a tool for getting to the core meaning quickly. And activation doesn't allow us to know everything in a book but we'll have enough information. That's great for normal books which i don't want to spend too much time with. But that's terrible to serious books which i have to know everything since i don't know what teacher will pick up for the exam... i think you perfectly understand my problem since you're a student.

You can be coached through e-mail, as well, you know. And as for activation, and using the entire system, yes, you can use it for anything.

College books, blueprints for aircraft, maps, etc. It doesn't matter. Perhaps you should try this:

Go by in 30-45 minute passes, obtaining the information in layers, and putting this information on a mind map. Bring things in by chapters, and treat one chapter as a book within itself. Put down the chapter title/number, followed by the article titles, and then key information that you believe you will need on the exam, from those articles.

Thanks youngprer. I'll try to use PhotoReading to every reading material faithfully.

My problem is that what i get from PhotoReading step is a feeling of what is important and what is not. And sometimes that feelings is right , sometimes not. Is this what photoreading give me as a beginner?
I never experience the information being transfered from the subconcious mind. I just receive the feeling. do you experience the same thing?

What you're referring is to is what's called spontaneous activation. Often times what happens is you will recieve a feeling that you don't know where it came from, but it's an answer to a question.

The more you practice photoreading, the more your chances will increase of getting the correct sense of what is right and what is wrong to the answer of a question. Photoreading more means improving the relation between your concious and subconcious mind.

So all it takes is practice. The more you practice, the more you get it right. Photoreading more books means getting answers easier, and being able to go through material even faster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved