Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hey Ramon,

What is your issue? That it happened or that it was recorded?

If the former, it's reflection of how people really are. Why did Jeffrey Dahmer munch on his dates? Why is there Jar Jar Binks? Who in their right mind would EVER marry Roseanne Barr?

If the latter, it's still an accurate reflection of people. The daughters were afraid that their line was about to cease and they acted rashly. Lot had a tendency to go with the flow, even if it was a bad idea and the booze didn't help things. The resulting sons produced lines that could be counted among Israel's greatest enemies, so the payback came later...

mgrego - Your post basically made sense of everything =)

My issue was that it was recorded with such little subjection - it didn't go, "the daughters tricked Lot" (though they did liquor him up) "and Lot befall what was a horrid state of affairs" or anything like that. It seemed so unimportant in context that I was like, "what's God's take on this?"

Like I said, I never got to finish Genesis or activate any of the other books, so when you said that "The resulting sons produced lines that could be counted among Israel's greatest enemies, so the payback came later..." it makes complete sense to me, and the deed was in fact of importance and "bad".

Thanks, Mgrego. =)

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("I was raised Catholic for God's sake!" - Silent Bob)

I think that it will make sense if you look at where it fits into the Bible. Most of that book is a historical account and foundation for what follows. It's full of geniology, family histories, etc. so it's not trying to tell what's right and wrong as much as it is giving a backdrop for the rest of the Bible. It's basically just telling it like it is. The Bible is more than a book of rules; it's an acount of the redemption that is offered to all through Christ, so it will have may facets. I could write for awhile on this one...

SP

Greetings from Oklahoma! It's wonderful to see all the posts above. Remember folks, PhotoReading the Bible doesn't give you all the spiritual insights, such as parables. If you believe the Word of God is infalliable and our only inerrant guide, then let me mention what John wrote, "John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." Note, "teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." I implore you followers of Christ to consider allowing the Holy Spirit to teach you all things and bring all things to your rememberance that you need. Please don't take me wrong. PhotoReading is an awesome and incredible discovery. But don't use it in the place of learning the words of God. Why? Because no human mind can fathom the mysteries (hidden truth) of God's Word, unless he reveals them to you. Think about that. The Bible is not an ordinary book. In a sense, it is a book for all humanity to know about God and how to live.

God’s Word straightway charges the repentant, born-again saint to not be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world. When a person repents, the pattern of their life should change. Their thinking should change. Their total life should be switched from self to pleasing God. Their total outlook should be changed from the world’s way of thinking to God’s way of thinking.

It is written, Ro 12:2-AND BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD. (Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world-NIV) BUT BE YE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, THAT YE MAY PROVE (or be able to test) WHAT IS THAT GOOD, AND ACCEPTABLE (or pleasing), AND PERFECT, WILL OF GOD.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

-Logan C. Edens

Organized religon is a cult developed to keep the weak from killing themselves. Ask yourself, and be honest what is more likely to happen when we die?
A. We slowly decompose and rot
or
B. Our spirit rises from our body and is magically transported to heaven?

Next, What is more likely?
A. There is a great all powerful god and an evil devil that tries to persuade us to the dark side.
Or
B. We evolved from other lifeforms and the only thing persuading us is other people and out thoughts.

Really people what kind of weak minded individual would believe such ficticious material.

The funniest part of all of this is when you ask a religious person why they believe in God and you always get the same answer, "I just know I believe it in my heart." Yeah well I believed in Santa and the Easter bunny when I was 4 with all my heart and I would have kept on believing had I not stayed up all night hiding so I could analyze the facts for myself. The problem with god is no matter how many facts we have to refute the existence of god we will never be able to convince the weak minded, who cant handle the thought that we control our own lives and there is no great power out there to help you no matter how hard you pray. You would think all of the tradgedies in the world would let people see these things, but they dont they continue walking blindly through life.
I am sorry if this post came off as an insult as I did not intend it to be one, but I feel as strongly about sharing my convictions and beliefs about the non-existnece of god as those who insist on pushing there beliefs onto others about there beliefs in GOD.

Hey! Count me in on the bandwagon!! Last year, when I first got into PhotoReading, I posted a similar topic asking if there were any Christian PhRers out there - only got a handful of replies at the time tho'!! Glad to see the enthusiasm to your attempt, Will2002!!

Also glad to see that PhReading is not something incompatible with the Christian faith.

And I also really liked what Logan C. Edens had to say re. the Holy Spirit being the one to depend on as the Remembrancer.

Talk later,
Prynceska

Hahaha, in ever religious topic there are always people who disargee. doh. But whats most important is to know which religion is true and how true the fact god exists. I may be possible to prove his existence. Ok, let me give an example, if your religion is true, ask your god to show something that would make us believe that the religion is true. Like if my aunt was dying of cancer, invite real christians or religionist over and make her well again. I read the bible before, and Jesus himself cured and healed a great many that (to qoute the bible) it would not be able to fill all the books in the world. Everyone has reasons to believe in something, be it god , religion, or atheism. The point see if your beliefs are logically coherent. After all, why would a god create an illogical world when he made us with logical minds. Also, i feel that people create religion when the "religion" was supposed to be something as naturally as walking(This note goes out to catholics and fundelmentalist). I am not a christian nor do i have a religion, and i am not an atheist either, good luck in the quest of truth!

Tangeman1, your forcing the non-belief of christ is just as blameworthy as the impelling of the belief of christ. I believe that you should not coerce anyone into anything unless they are willing. The people on this post were not telling everyone that they should be a christian and come to god, they were happily stating that they were believers. You posted a reply that was faulting christians for their beliefs which was wrong. It is not your concern what they believe in if it does not have an effect on you. You are entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to desecrate a belief system because you feel the need to. Please consider the differences. Thank you.
PS for the record, not that it is any of your business, I am a christian also.

Thanks for your reply. I've been studying and reading the Bible for a long time. I've studied very carefully the things in the Bible. I possess starling archeological discoveries, historical evidence about Jesus Christ, AND SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT THE BIBLE IS ACCURATE. If you'd like to get a hold of those things, please let me know. My email address is loganedens@hotmail.com.
You sound like a very intelligent person, so I will speak to you logically. You know there is a universe. Right? It must have been caused by something beyond itself. Right and why? Do you agree/accept the law of causality, which says that every limited thing is caused by something other than itself. Do you agree the universe is limited in that it had a beginning and that its beginning was caused by something beyond the universe. It can be stated this way: 1. The universe had a beginning. 2. Anything that has a beginning must have been caused by something else. 3. Therefore, the universe was caused by something else, and this cause was God. Please consider and think about that. Now let's move on. All designs imply a designer. Right? There is a great design in the universe. Of course, right? Therefore, there must be a Great designer of the universe.
Futhermore, since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly and being understood from what has been made. Creation proves not only that God exists, but that he has power. Only a God with incredible power could create and sustain the whole universe. His energy would have to be greater than all the energy that was ever available in the whole creation, for he not only caused all things, he holds them together and keeps them in existence and still sustains his own existence. That is more power than we can imagine.

Let me get to the main point.During all recorded human history, there has never been a substantiated case of a living thing being produced from anything other than another living thing.

As yet, Evolutionism has not produced a scientifically credible explanation for the origin of such immense complexities as DNA, the human brain, and many other complex elements of the cosmos.

It is highly premature for materialists to claim that all living things evolved into existence, when science has yet to discover how even one protein molecule could actually have come into existence by natural processes.

There is no scientific proof that life did (or ever could) evolve into existence from non-living matter. Further, there is substantial evidence that spontaneous generation is impossible. Only DNA is known to produce DNA. No chemical interaction of molecules has even come close to producing this ultra-complex code which is so essential to all known life.

Nevertheless, unless you see signs and wonders you probably will not believe. Jesus said, "No one can come to Me unless the Father(God) draws him." In other words, "no one can come to Jesus unless it has been granted to him by God."

Know this: While Christianity is often termed a religion by unbelievers or carnal people, it is better defined as a relationship. A true Christian is not one simply because he says he is, or because he attends a Christian church, or is part of a Christian denomination, or because he sings in a choir, or gives money to the church, or because he is an ordained elder, minister, or denominational leader.
A true Christian or true Christianity may be defined as an intimate, personal, obedient, love relationship with the Jesus Christ of the Bible, which is a result of understanding God’s Word through the work of the Holy Spirit. This results from an acknowledgement of sin, then true repentance toward God, humbling and denying oneself, becoming childlike toward God, His Word and correction, and through childlike-faith placing one’s trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and their only hope of salvation. The result of this is the new birth.

In closing, Jesus Christ died a horrible death so that you/all can have forgiveness of all your sins, no matter how bad they are. A person never needs to go to hell, if they receive, by faith, the forgiveness and love that God offers through Jesus Christ, His Son. This is an offer God gives you. So, if you are willing to repent (turn away) from all willful sin, then be willing to ask God for His help, to help you make that change. "After" we believe on Jesus Christ, "after" we have repented of our sins, we are commanded to be baptized by full immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. It is written, HE THAT BELIEVETH AND IS BAPTIZED SHALL BE SAVED; BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT SHALL BE DAMNED-Mk 16:16. Note, believing on Jesus comes "before" water baptism. Baptism prior to repenting and believing on Jesus has no meaning. You cannot be baptized into One whom you do not believe on. It is written, FOR AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST-Gal 3:27. Water baptism is by full immersion. As it is written, BURIED WITH HIM (with Jesus) IN BAPTISM (or buried in the water)-Col 2:12. WE ARE BURIED WITH HIM (with Jesus) BY BAPTISM (or buried by water)-Ro 6:4. Once we are "in Christ" the past is gone and be become a new person.

Love in Christ, (Have a wonderful day!)

Logan C. Edens

P.S. Please feel free to ask me questions and to go in greater detail.

Obviously!
The main reason I put the post up was a bad reason to begin with and I apoligize, but on the same day that I came across that post two christians from the church stopped by my house to annoy me and when I informed them that I didn't believe in GOD and that they should leave they got all upset and started exalt that if I didn't find god I would be damned to hell for all eternity. Anyway I was still annoyed when I saw the post and I just let out my feelings. I apoligize.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved