Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

wow where did that come from? anyways, loganedens... im going to look up all of your references, they look interesting. my dad is a pastor, and he told me that hell isnt going to be an eternal fire like most think. im sure he is right, and im looking forward to his reply about your post. thanks.(im going to post a new topic so its not off topic anymore)

quote:
Originally posted by Neo-Matrix:
wow where did that come from? anyways, loganedens... im going to look up all of your references, they look interesting. my dad is a pastor, and he told me that hell isnt going to be an eternal fire like most think. im sure he is right, and im looking forward to his reply about your post. thanks.(im going to post a new topic so its not off topic anymore)

Look up Hell in the Greek. It is Gehenna, which means "The Lake of Fire". No matter what goes on down there, it isn't going to be good. The Bible basically describes it as a place of torment and no hope of escape forever. You know that's why Jesus said a lot about it. That's why he emphasized repentance and yielding to Him. We (humans) are so limited. We need to submit to God for everything. You know why? Because the best of our wisdom, knowledge, and understand cannot keep us from self-destruction. Consider that carefully.

two texts you used that do not count for this discussion: Luke 16:23,24 is a parable about a rich man and lazarus. We do not go to heaven when we die, the dead sleep until the second coming and then they ascend or dont ascend, according to God's judgement, so this story must have been a parable because it has not happened yet. Revelation 20:10 is saying that satan and the false prophet will be tormented day and night forever and ever. It does not speak of all others who did'nt accept Christ. As for the other texts, I need to study in greater detail, ill email you when i have a reply. I would also like to read about your creation evidences, my argument on that topic is often lacking in strength, and I need some better evidence. Thanks

It took me awhile to discover these posts, and man am i glad there are Christian photoreaders out there it gives me further motivation that the system is blessed.

One of the reasons i pursued this technique with passion is that I believe in the Adams stae of mind before his fall "com' on the brother was Highly intellegent He named more than 1.5 million species in a day". I believe that God created the mind with devine abilities and that photoreading is one of the many capabilities of the human mind and that we just need to find ways to access these abilities. Think of it as the signiture of God

looking forward to hear from you guyz

Much love,

*Bonz*

PR has really helped me in my weekly Bible studies, but I have never mentioned that before, --- just sort of took it for granted, but realize
how great a gift PR is for reading such a great book.

dang and I just PR'd 3 volumes of Lovecraft (now I'm sh*tin the activation )

Nietzsche anyone?

Interesting Hypertext.
I like Lovecraft and Nietzche, myself, although I know they are not everyone's cup of tea. Come to think of it, the Bible isn't everyone's cup of tea either. I get a lot of flack from New Age people and Feminists, whenever I discuss the Bible.

The nice thing is that with PR , you can amass and cross- reference so much material and decide what you really dig or don't dig. Maybe Nietzche and Lovecraft could facilitate some BIblical concepts , by revealing contrasts in philosophies or in some instances, I think they have supporting philosophies.

I think I am getting off topic here. Mmm --- Probably should start a new thread if I am going to get into comparative theologies?

Yes, please start a new thread. Let this 4-year-old thread RIP. I'm ashamed that I argued such ridiculous things here. Sorry!

Wow! Neo-Matrix you are back! Where have you been man? It has been years. It is great to hear from you again. So what is new & exciting in your life.
Photoread4me

I am HK christian learning PR too

I really want to use PR to study the Bible...
and also...
to...haha... excel in Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination...
most HKers won't deny that the exam is humiliating...terrible...horrible...
so much to study...so much to comprehend and so on.

Wish me good luck mates!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved