Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Thanks for your input Terry, I'm sure you'll provide valuable information to all.

One note though: though 24 hours is heavily suggested, I believe 20 minutes is the acceptable minimum.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Yup, 20 minutes is just fine.

In most cases, you won't fully activate a book the same day you PhotoRead it, so you'll have a sleep session inbetween, where your inner mind can fully process the information.

Once you master the basics of the PhotoReading process, you can begin activating right away after the PhotoReading step #3.

Dana,

Does this mean that once we're experienced, we don't have to let it incubate anymore? Because if that's so, I could start saving a lot of time! =)

Hello,

I have found the photoreading step very important to activation. I have tried to do activation w/o the photoreading step, but it just didn't feel right

Humphrey www.not5150.com

Oh no, I agree...I'm asking whether or not you can cut the incubation time down through practice (the 20 minute wait afterwards thing).

Absolutely. I've found this to be most useful when considering whether or not to buy a book at a bookstore or put it right back on the shelf, after a quick PhotoRead and 3-5 minutes of activating.

The Ramon Challenge:

Okay, it's go time. =)

Not for anything, but I think I've gotten pretty competent at PRing. So, I'm setting up a new goal (let's consider this extensive playing with the system).

Since most of my material is "need to know everything" material, I always end up rapid reading. Occasionally, I SR&D. Also, I recently found that once you have the system down (I like to think that I do) you can cut the incubation time out. And so, the Ramon Challenge:

1) To PR and activate (using SR+D) a book in under 45 minutes. IOW, to spend only 45 minutes on a book and do at least 2 passes.
2) Bookstore simulation...no trigger words, no mindmaps...just me and the book.
3) Be able to simulate myself reviewing the book for New York Times (this is to roughly gauge my comprehension).

Other variations may include photoflipping instead of photoreading, and using that SR+D&Skitter&RapidRead activation technique I made up awhile back. If I get this down to under half an hour on a book that would normally take me 8 or 9, WHO NEEDS SPONTANEOUS ACTIVATION! =)

I'll test this sometime next week.

Dana, if this sounds totally unfeasible, save me some time, buddy. =)

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited February 01, 2002).]

That is a crap!
PhotoReading is the most important part. Your brain saves the pages and after that you will only read those pages, which are important for you. For that you have to be cool and you have to read. You must not wait for the important things, because you have to find them. If you try you will find them.
After a while you'll see you'll find them.
Joseph
quote:
Originally posted by gelvecron:
Exactly! I thought i was the only 1. I think the only effective think about this process is everything besides the actual photoreading step.

If you want my ideas on speed learning, do a search on >>DARWIN<< and click on November 23,2001 and look at Nov 25,2001.

[This message has been edited by DARWIN (edited February 02, 2002).]

Razor,

That's totally feasible. Be willing to invest the necessary amount of time to hit the "Gel Point" on each book.

Since Photoflipping is merely the PhotoReading step #3 at a much faster pace, you will absorb all of the patterns of text just the same, using Photofocus.

Keep us posted with your progress!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved