Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Wow,

This seems to be a hot topic - just thought I'd put my two pennies worth in aswell.

I have not been practising photoreading as often as I would like and have lapsed somewhat, but I do remember some months ago wanting to read up on Mind Maps. I knew I had photoread the book a couple of times, but probably over 12 months previously.

Either by sheer fluke or perhaps more likely from photoreading I decided on a particular area and turned to the exact chapter where I needed to gain the information. That was one of those WOW experiences that many of the newer photoreaders experience.

So basically what I am saying is that it does not appear to matter how long you leave it before you again need to access certain information, subconsiously it is always available - it just takes that little nudge to bring it up to the surface again.

Hope this helps.

Fraser

Doe's make a difference what time of the day you pr the material? I mean I've only done it at the ending of the day cause thats when I prefer to read normally but then I'm also not fully alert at this time. Should I try it like in the morning when I'm fully awake or nearing my bedtime?

Sure, it could do it. Whenever your brain is tired it'll act all sorts of poopy, so I'd just use the system whenever your head is pretty clear.

I made the mistake of using coffee to do this; you'll always be a little jittery with coffee, and you'll never be quite as relaxed as you should be.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

I want to agree with and add to what FraserB
stated with activation of material read months or even years before.

I have successfully activated spontaneously portions of books I have read 10 and even 15 years ago. So it is true that the length of time after reading anything does not seem to matter that much. I was able to also know exactly where in the books and articles to look for the information I needed to further expand on. The human mind is fantastic!

Also for Mr Wrinkles I use supplementation added to my diet that help to reintroduce nutrients to the body and brain. This does help ALOT! MEMTAB from nutrition for life Int. is a fanatastic product though you can find similar products from many other companies that are equally as good. Stay away or limit caffene and drink lots of fluids, keep hydrated.

Exercise helps also, if you photoread a book then activate it and take a break and go and exercise, run or jug, lift weights yoga, doing something active does help as well.

Pay attention to the times of day that you are most alert and photoread during those periods.

Lots of success,

Terry

OK, there is a natural tendancy to doubt what others say in this forum in favor of PhotoReading, due to Cognotive Dissonance. The course costs a little over $250, if I remember right, and for that kind of money it had BETTER work. The success stories may just be people's ways of assuring themselves that they haven't wasted all their money.

Let me tell you why I am willing to risk that kind of money on PhotoReading. This September, I had an experience with a book. I was able to see the whole page all at once, read every word on it in a second, and understand it. I took the bits and peices that I'd "eaten" in bites of 7 plus or minus 2 and suddenly saw the BIG PICTURE of the book. I was too shocked to stay with it and read the whole book, just a few pages and my excitement mounted as I realized I could have understanding at that level.

Author and philosopher Robert Anton Wilson calls the above state "Neuroelectric awareness," which in his schema is the "Sixth Circuit" of awareness. Most people only activate the first four terrestial circuits. My experience with the Sixth was extrememly fleeting, but it let me know that there was a way of understanding a book as a whole, rather than as parts, and understanding it BETTER than someone who reads it like a computer looking through a sequential access file. I don't think that PhotoReading can put me back in that state, but what it can do is allow the preconcious processor to actually see the book.

Another book I would recommend, just for a foot note, is "The Emperor's New Mind." No, it's not a self-help book, but rather a criticism of the idea of AI. One of the sections mentions the actual structure of the brain, and shows an interesting phenominon known as "blindsight." This happened to a person who had brain damage in the primary visual cortex, creating a small blind spot. When an object was placed into this blind spot, he could not SEE it. However, if someone asked him to guess what the object was, he could guess with a high degree of accuracy. Something other than his conscious mind was able to understand the visual information that his concious mind could not. With training, he was able to improve his accuracy to 100%, if I remember correctly.

There is a similer story in the book "Natural Brilliance," (which is a self-help book), dealing with a PhotoReader with stroke-induced alexia. He couldn't read anything, but he could still PhotoRead. After a few months, he was able to re-wire his brain to actually do normal reading again. His visual cortex was still just as damaged, but he bypassed it by strengthening what was already there.

Hope this encourages you to keep on chugging.

OP Offline

well 1 of the problems ive been having is with the superreading and dipping part...It feels like i'm just reviewing the book that ive never read. I get no feelings of recognition or anything so when im through nothing real changes. This leads me to believe that im doing something wrong or there is an extra step that i don't know about.. Can someone let me know?

[This message has been edited by gelvecron (edited February 14, 2002).]

How fast are you reading through the text when dipping, and SuperReading?

The key to getting the most out of each 30-minute activation pass of SuperReading & Dipping, is to craft several Mind Probing questions beforehand with the key words and phrases you wrote down during your 6-minute Preview of the whole book.

How many Mind Probing questions are you creating before SuperReading & Dipping?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved