Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

i have just photoread my first 3 or 4 books-and am having problems with the activation process.
it seems to me that super reading and dipping are only just like skimming the book. I thought we where supposed to be able to download the entire book(s) from our sub-consience, but i dont see how the photoreading has made the superreading and dipping any easier. Sure i am reading faster brcause i am skipping the 89% of the text that has no meaning but isn't that the stuff which makes the book interesting? cutting the corners on the details and backgrounds makes books boring and reading texts dangerous. I guess if i practice enough i should be able to automatically download the 89% but at this stagee its kinda fustrating. I am very determined not to let the small things get me down however and am still doing my best. Sorry to bug you guys (im sure these are normal questions) and ps. This is a great, super polite forum.
well id love to hear any advice.
thanks all- u guys are great
walk with peace
James

James,

Keep at it. Although the 89% may be the bit that you find boring, it may well be that it is indeed boring and not relevant to your particular needs - you need to have a purpose for activating the material you have just photoread - if you do not have a particular purpose then sure it will seem boring.

Have you had a look at some of the archive material ? I seem to remember some pointers - I'll see if I can give you some ideas but 'till then just keep trying .

Fraser

OP Offline

sorry i meant that you are missing the 89% of the text that is interesting and that provides the fun from the book. The 11% that is relevant may give you the idea of the book but i feel like there are holes even after multiple passes. sorry thats what i meant

Before SuperReading & Dipping, are you crafting some Mind Probing questions with the trigger words and phrases you wrote down when
you Previewed for 8 minutes?

yes,I'm having the same problem. It may be just that I haven't finished tape 8 but I've photoread probably 6 books and am having trouble activating. Last I photoread was Gravity by Tess Gerritsen and have a keen remembrance of the trigger words. The book is almost 400 pages but I think it would take awhile to super read and dip the whole thing. What other techniques can u use to activate books of this size and broader spectrum of understanding than from super reading and dipping?

Try not to think of PR as if you should already know everything in the material. I think that was one of my major problems. Approach the book as if you know nothing about it, like a beginner. Be curious about what you want to find out. Pay attention to any small thing you've learned. Go over the the book several times in 15-30 min sessions. Depending on how large or technical 2.5-3 hrs. should do. After that do a mind map. I personally don't like super-reading and dipping so I use rythmic perusal and skittering. Try all the different styles and see which allows you the most comprehension. Going through the material over and over is what makes it stick. It may seem slow at first, but after you get in a rythm it's far faster than any type of reading. That's just my 2 cents .

-Will

Similar experience. I have been through the tapes once, (actually 3 of the tapes, several times) but have not noticed anything yet. Even the dictionary exercise on the back of tape 1 didn't work. I tried that four times but still couldn't "see" where any of the words were. I am considering returning the set, since that is a lot to pay if I can't get it to work.

Don't stop just because the dictionary game doesn't work...lots of people are unsuccessful with the dictionary game yet continue to photoread just fine.

Boylan, depending on your application, the 89% of the text is either useless (with books the way they are today, this is largely true) or if it is important, you can always skitter or use rapid reading.

I end up having to use rapid reading for my Literature stuff, since the plot isn't as important as the text as a whole (writing style, syntax, diction). But I'll still finish the book a lot faster than I would have if I'd read it normally, plus the extra passes at the end of superread & dipping just to find other points helps a lot.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

I've had the tapes for about a month now and have been practicing almost every night. I haven't noticed any improvement in my comprehension of books, however, I feel I am reading faster. The activation stage feels like skimming and it's only when I fall back into my 'old' reading habits that I feel I'm getting anything out of the book. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

Dreaming helps, or at least Paul Scheele says it helps. After RapidReading the PhotoReading book, I asked my mind to craft a dream for me. I dreampt that I was teaching the PhotoReading Whole Mind System to a bunch of Marines.

The Marines represented the books that I have not yet read, but really would like to if I could only spare the time. The blackboard was a beautiful mindmap of the system that I did myself. I don't remember what it looked like, but that's OK. I don't think the point of mindmaps is to remember the maps, so much as remember the material being mapped.

After all, the map is not the territory.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved