Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I suggest SR+dipping a few times with each time you PR. This may sound painful, but over time you will find the need to do multiple SR+dipping less and less.

The whole PR system is like a muscle. It takes time to build that muscle up. The muscle, nevertheless, is there. Also make sure you are getting enough sleep each night.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaiden:
[B]Dreaming helps, or at least Paul Scheele says it helps.

I don't usually dream. I've been listening to the Memory charger tape, but only have dreamt once in the last month.

OP Offline

i never used to dream either but now every night i have vivid realistic dreams filled with exciting, creative and metaphorical images. I atribute this mainly to my use of dream play. an excelletn pariliminal

Hi,

I'm dreaming vividly everynight. I atribute that to Memory Supercharger. I also have Dream Play but it doesn't seem to help me so I've stopped it for a while.. I'll start listening to it daily again.

Actually , it took me a while for Mem Supercharger to work. Keep listening to it everynight and one day it'll work.

I am exceedingly lazy. I find the suggestion to mind-map dreams, rather than write them down as a narrative, helps the just-woke-up part.

Also, be sure to get enough sleep. The dreams usually come more vividly in "surplus sleep," usually the last two hours of sleep. There is a myth that a person needs 8 hours of sleep per night. The fact is, a person needs at least 8 hours of sleep a night to function normally (although this can vary from person to person). Most people do best on 9-10 hours a night, but most people don't get that.

Now, taking a few extra hours of sleep each night may seem like a lot of extra work for PhotoReading, but it can help in other areas of your life, too.

In fact, I think I'm going to take my own advice right now. Goodnight!

P.S. I also find I get a lot of comprehension from previewing. I will usually read the whole preface or introduction of the book, to get a decent overview (it's usually less than 10 pages), and the last page, where the author states his agenda for the information he presented. I've noticed with some books it's about all the information I need.

There's also info in the RapidReading thread on how to cut down on subvocalization, which is impossible when SuperReading. If you can increase the rate-of-understanding beyond the rate-of-subvocalizing, then there *should* be an increase in the effectiveness of SuperReading and a decrease in the amount of dipping nessesary for good-enough comprehension.

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited March 02, 2002).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved