Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#26366 02/19/02 05:56 PM

Oh, and as a side note:

<<Why don't we use any of alternative remedies in hospitals? >>

Actually, my girlfriend's dad had a stroke, and he went to Kessler, where they have a very good record with stroke victims.

The medication wasn't doing anything, and he remained paralyzed on his left side (I think it was his left).

They stopped treatment and tried acupuncture instead.

He has regained *use* on his once paralyzed side, although it's obviously not what it used to be.

This was passed the period where they basically say, "He hasn't had enough progress, he probably won't improve much".

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#26367 02/20/02 06:44 AM
x Offline

tk is based on the movement of human energy/electricity through the air.

some believe in it, some don't as it can't be scientifically measured. i tend to believe it's possible even though the record for it is sketchy; i don't believe anyone has even come close to tapping the energy inherent in tk. geller, castaneda, and the like are only the tip of the iceberg. qigong and tai chi chuan are more in line with tk but again are only the tip of the iceberg. and the shamans, palm readers, and people like miss cleo make a mockery of tk. there's more to it than that.

for those who want to know how to harness it, i would say use it properly. it's not an energy that should be used for silly parlor tricks.

sometimes you're better off not knowing how to do certain things until you're ready to use them responsibly.

#26368 02/20/02 04:45 PM

The truth is....telekinesis works.

Unfortunately, it requires taking time to train your brain to direct the necessary energies which can manipulate material objects.

For the rather small amount of actual practice I've done personally with the triangle exercise, and the visual proof as it begins spinning in different directions, it's more than obvious that telekinesis is a real, cultivatable skill.

#26369 02/20/02 07:11 PM

x wrote:
quote:
for those who want to know how to harness it, i would say use it properly. it's not an energy that should be used for silly parlor tricks.

One who manages to harness it will use it properly. Egoistic wishes like a wish to prove oneself by making tricks interferes with clearing your mind, thus inability to control energy. Thoughts are also energy, although in very sublte form, and if one can't control energy he's producing, than he certainly won't be able to control energy of other objects.

razordu30 wrote:

quote:
Have you ever read any of the Carlos Casteneda or the Dan Millman books?...Actually, my girlfriend's dad had a stroke, and he went to Kessler, where they have a very good record with stroke victims...He has regained *use* on his once paralyzed side, although it's obviously not what it used to be.

No, I haven't. I've never even heard of Casteneda, but name Millman is familiar to me (I haven't read him though). Thanks for recomendation!
By the way, who's Kessler?

When I was about 10 (I'm 22 now), my dad had a car accident. Luckily, the only thing that got broken was his knee cap (I believe that's the word for it). This means that he couldn't bend his leg in knee. No medications could help him walk again. The only way was to practice every day, and that practice consisted of forcefull bending of knee, bit by bit, and that was very painful. (I hope you don't know how much.) After a year he could walk again, and today his knee is fully functional.
My point is is that he achieved full recovery only after a year of every-day practice, constant work on himself. Although he didn't use any alternative remedies (didn't know of any than), he did use strong will and patience. If he didn't he'd be invalid now. Same applies with every health problem. Alophatic medicine is strong and acts quickly, but every medicine is bad for certain organ in the body. Alternative medicine (generally speaking) is more subtle, natural way to heal the body. It works differently, on whole body, so that it can become stronger and heals itself. For cases like those of your girlfriend's dad, it takes long time to make an improvement. Most people, however, give up if they don't see results within first few weeks/months. (Just think how much time it took us to make it ill!) Our bodies are a link to this world. If they are weak, we won't enjoy this life as much as we could otherwise. That's why we should constantly work on keeping our body healthy, especially when we're ill. Your girlfriend's dad might never be as healthy as before, but he surely will be more healthy if he keeps working on himself (and there are many ways to do that) than if he surrenders. Just a thought
Since I know a bit about alternative medice, I'd recommend Bach therapy or Homeopathy. Don't know anythinga about this case, but I believe these two therapies would help him, at least a bit. I don't know if it's free or not there (since some practitioners make their living of of it), but keep this in mind.

Xehupatl said:

quote:
Jovo, please tell me which book you were referring to!

Here it goes (finally, you say ): "Psichic Training of Indian Fakirs and Yogis" by Zivorad Mihajlovic-Slavinski. I probably misspelled first word in title-it's supposed to mean something like mental(not like watching-the-bowl-to-see-the-future thing). The title itself may be a bit misleading, but the book cleared many things for me. It's very practical. Something like a school book for harnessing one's latent powers. Telekinesis is just one result of one's successful practice.

#26370 02/20/02 07:21 PM

Jovo: FINALLY!!
thanks man I hope I can find it anywhere. If not I'll find a way to make you copy every single page and send them to me:
sriously though, Dana, your reply was really inspiring

In the last couple of days a crazy thought came into my mind (yeah it'll sound really naive but what the heck ): If you were to master TK to an awe-inspiring degree (pick up reasonably heavy object, bend stuff, push buttons from a distance away), wouldn't it be extremely dangerous: in your sleep, that you couldn't really control it, and on other people. Imagine getting really mad at your computer and smashing your monitor-display with your thoughts!

Some may argue that for TK, you'd have to be well concentrated and peaceful and relaxed. But hell, if you master that stuff so that you can use it without to much time-consumption (directing your thoughts, getting in the flow...), what would happen if you get really angry at something, or worse: someone

à la: "Luke, I am your father!"

and don't tell me you'd purposely have to change to the dark side to be able to use this power for destructive purposes.

just a thought.

and for all you doubters out there:

If you believe there are limits, you will work within them.

HA

[This message has been edited by Xehupatl (edited February 20, 2002).]

#26371 02/20/02 07:49 PM

On another matter .. I tried to find the book I requested from Jovo but could only find it in Slavinski's native language. I have e-mailed him (the author, not Jovo) and hopefully he knows where I can get an english version ...

hmm I was browsing around on the internet, and check out www.psychics.co.uk/shop/bookshop.html or just www.psychics.co.uk .
Maybe some of you have some of these books and can tell me something about them.
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Xehupatl (edited February 20, 2002).]

#26372 02/20/02 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chaosadelt:
a theory is something thats been repeatedly tested and widely accepted strictly speaking.

Congradulations, you've just won the coveted Douche Bag of the Year award!!! <standing ovation>

#26373 02/20/02 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
The truth is....telekinesis works.

Unfortunately, it requires taking time to train your brain to direct the necessary energies which can manipulate material objects.

For the rather small amount of actual practice I've done personally with the triangle exercise, and the visual proof as it begins spinning in different directions, it's more than obvious that telekinesis is a real, cultivatable skill.

I can see it now. . ."introducing the Learning Strategies Corporation Telekinesis self-study course!"

#26374 02/20/02 11:48 PM

Hehehe, douche bag of the year award...

To answer a small question asked before:

"Who's Kessler?"

Sorry, I just realized that outside of NJ, it's probably not that well known. Kessler is a hospital that's famed for what I think is it's rehab program (not drugs...physical therapy type stuff).

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#26375 02/21/02 05:27 AM
x Offline

there must be other ways to develop tk besides lifting X wing fighters out of swamps on dagobah, telling people 'there is no spoon' :P, and bending backward to dodge slow-motion bullets and such.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved