Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

That's just semantics. If the words were "free your mind", "relax your mind", or "don't think about anything," there wouldn't be a problem. That's all Scheele is saying.

<<The MAIN reason I posted this topic was to find alternative ways, not to enter into a theological discussion.>>

The reason it went this way is because I'm saying there's no reason for an alternative, since the one that's there is perfectly fine. It's like you're asking where the nearest bank is because you need change for a dollar, when there's a change machine right next to you. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with the change machine.

Theological discussions tend to get very sticky and tense, I know, and my only point was that by using the suggested strategy for going into the accelerated learning state does not go against your religion.

I also know, however, that theology is a very powerful subject to most people, and getting a person to change their mind using logic is impossible. That's half the point: you have faith despite what others say, no matter what.

That's why I'll just suggest another method for you. I'll credit this to (I hope I remember this time) allenhm, who mentioned it a while back.

Look upwards gently toward the ceiling with just your eyes...then slowly close them, while keeping your eyes aimed at the same spot. Do this for about 10 seconds, and you'll feel the state of your brain switch, provided you are relaxed and breathing normally.

I hope our theological discussion and disagreement on it does not impair any future correspondence we may have. Welcome to the board, and congratulations on purchasing the Photoreading System. It will serve you tremendously.

OP Offline

Thanks for all of your comments, I think I have a good foundation of methods to use now.

No hard feelings taken.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar1211 (edited March 07, 2002).]

anonymousman:

WELL DONE!!!!!!!

Thanks, allen...although you probably know who I really am now

Don't tell anyone =)

Ragnar1211

what alternative have you found to use??

oh yeah will listening to instrumental classical help me in relaxation?
praying? won't that actually interfere since your mind is active while you pray?

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by 1Died4ALL:
Ragnar1211

what alternative have you found to use??

-----

Based on the P/R course and the comments mentioned above I think I understand how to enter the accelerative learning state without conflicting with my beleifs.

In retrospect the most important thing about reading is our focus. If our mind is overly active it cannot be focused. That is why all of the self hypnotic and NLP methods try to help you to change your focus.

In changing our focus our mind calms, is less sporatic, ready to learn.

I realize that we are constantly bombarded with distractions every day, I guess the challenge is to find that one thing to focus on and channel our efforts.

The bible says that we are to meditate twice a day.

I serious question any religions or the like that will deny that the Kingdom of God is within you and the tool for that is meditation. Hypnosis is just a lighter form.

Daydreaming is very similiar also. That would me that I go to H*LL everytime I day dream.

Let's

OP Offline

Prove to me from the bible that the kingdom of God is inside of us.

In fact explain to me what the kingdom of God is.

not to be cynical, but where does the bible say to meditate twice a day? (Not the books of Mormon please)

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved