Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

I haven't tried them, although I've heard of them.

I'm not one for supplements beyond multivitamins, and it drives me crazy when I see people exercise for a couple days and head for the Xendadrine, Ripped Fuel, Hydroxycut, Creatine, Andro combination.

But I think that there's definately a good reason to use them (nootropics) if they work well.

I was going to ask you about the piracetum (sp?) you bought, but I saw in the other post that you didn't get it yet.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

They can take up to a month. 10 days would be very quick. South Africa? Did you not order them from anti-aging systems? They are located in the channel islands...

I was going to order from Anti-aging,but they told me that they had ran out of Piracetam do to a high volume of sales. It'll take them around two weeks to get more piracetam from their supplier. Razor, If you want to know more about Piracetam, Brian is a loyal user.

From what I've read, it seems to be the most popular Nootropic among healthy individuals. It also seems to be free from side effects. There are alot of scientific research about this drug in the Net. If its half as good as many users have claimed, I'm going to ace that CPA exam.

Razor, This is an article from a well respected research team. They don't sell piracetam. If you know a little of statistics, you'll understand their findings.

Nootropics - and the healthy

Piracetam-nootropics have also shown the ability to improve learning and memory in healthy individuals not suffering from disease or severe age-related degeneration. In 1976 Dimond and Brouwers reported the results of some of a series of seven double blind trials, involving 16 second and third year college students "in excellent health and good physical and mental condition."

Subjects received either 4.8 grams a day Piracetam or placebo for 14 days. In three different measures of verbal learning and memory, the results showed a highly significant difference in favor of the Piracetam students over the controls, with confidence levels of P=.01, P=.02 and P=.01. The authors stated "the fact is that Piracetam improves verbal learning and in this it would appear to be a substance which is.. capable of extending the intellectual functions of man.. our subjects were not senile, suffering from generalized brain disorder, confusional states, or any other pathology of the brain... It is therefore possible to extend the power which [individuals gifted with high intelligence and good memory] possess to still higher levels despite the fact that the range of their achievement is a high."

Giurgea and Salama report the confirmation of Dimond/ Brouwer's work by Wedl and Suchenwirth in 1977. Wedl found significant improvement in mental performance in a group of 17 healthy young volunteers given 3.2 grams per day Piracetam for five days.

Mindus and colleagues (1976) reported the results of a double blind crossover trial with 18 healthy middle aged people (median age 56), with no evidence of somatic or mental disease, based on medical records and administration of several intelligence tests (group mean IQ; 120 plus or minus 11).

Most of the subjects were in intellectually demanding jobs, but had reported a slight reduction for some years in their capacity to retain or recall information.

After four weeks of 4.8 grams per day Piracetam, Piracetam subjects were switched to placebo for four weeks, while the original placebo group then received Piracetam for four weeks.

Results of a series of paper and pencil tests, as well as computerized tests to measure perceptual motor reactions, showed a clear benefit of Piracetam over placebo.

The three different paper and pencil tests showed superior effects on performance compared to placebo, with confidence levels of P<.001, P<.001 and P<.05. In four of the six computerized tests Piracetam showed a significant effect over placebo, with confidence levels of P<.05 for three and P<.029 for the fourth.

A fifth test showed a clear trend in favor of Piracetam, with P<.10. Wilsher and co-workers (1979) related their results with 4.8 grams per day Piracetam in a double blind, crossover trial to study the benefits of Piracetam for dyslexic students.

Interestingly, the 14 healthy student controls, matched for IQ with the dyslexic subjects, demonstrated a significantly better result on a test measuring ability to memorize nonsense syllables while using Piracetam as compared to placebo.

If its half as good as many users have claimed

I'd say it's about half as good. I read somewhere sciency last year that a good overall percentage is 7% more intelligent in spite of yourself. 14% more intelligent if you *believe* in it. Half the actual power is in the belief. Then again... I believe that half the power of any drug is in the belief.

Brian is a loyal user.

As my awareness increases, I move on to bigger and better things. Oftentimes, more subtle. --constantly. That is the way of Natural Brilliance. My question is "what underlies" meditation, smart drugs, good feeling, genius intelligence, enlightened intelligence and the like?

Piracetam works, I think, by increasing brain chi. ... it doesn't go down to the source, the sex chakras. It releases bioenergy in the head. What of the bottom of the spine and along it?

If all you want is 7 to 14% more intelligence, then that's cool. If you want more though... attend to the base of the spine--and connect it to the brain.

A genius has a super bio-energized 6th and 7th chakra, but what of the other 5? He's unconnected.

All the bioenergy you could ever want exists within you, literally and physically at the base of your spine, if only you could connect it to the higher energy centers.

People are lazy because their solar plexus is not "plugged in" to their sex chakra. People are selfish because their heart is likewise not "plugged in". They're living from their base sex chakra which is all about ejaculation and gratifying sensory desires like food, sex, sleep, work avoidance.

There are many lazy and selfish geniuses...

I want the full package. To this end, I pursue alternate means. Chinese herbs, energy devices, yogic stretching.

Qigong will make you healthy and vital, but again, unless you are moving energy up your spine to your brain... won't make you a Super Man.

That is why the Falun Gong cult was so massively popular in China--(I'm writing my senior essay on them). After ages of simple qigong masters (healers, essentially), this Master Li Hongzhi guy came a long and said that he had developed a system that could go one step beyond--to raise the energy to the brain and achieve enlightenment via qigong. I wonder if Spring Forest will go that high? Beyond vitality and healing?

[This message has been edited by Brian649 (edited March 14, 2002).]

quote:

I wonder if Spring Forest will go that high? Beyond vitality and healing?

Good question.

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited March 15, 2002).]

Hel Offline

Brian, would you please give more details of your program to full integration/awakening? Do you still take piracetam? Have you found something more potent/useful? Thanks.

I'd say it's about half as good.

Its half as good,but if you combined it with choline, it'll be more powerful right?

When you said that you have move to better things, does that mean that you are not taking Piracetam anymore? Are you still taking it,but with something else?

I take pramircetam, piractetam, and lecithin whenever I face exams or must write long papers. An 'as needed' basis. It's too expensive to take every day.

I have found something more effective to increase my base level of energy. I'll write about it at length when I have some time.

Attend to the roots.

Hel, Have you taken Piracetam?

quote:
Originally posted by Hel:
Brian, would you please give more details of your program to full integration/awakening? Do you still take piracetam? Have you found something more potent/useful? Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved