Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2746 03/13/02 05:43 AM

So very true.

Have her read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert T. Kiyosaki...might change her mind...

#2747 03/13/02 06:06 AM

Have her read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert T. Kiyosaki...might change her mind...

LOL... I've been trying to get her to read this book for two years now. She's an ineffectual person. Life has gotten ahead of her. Now she just sort of "fritters and wastes the hours in an offhand way." I like to think of myself as so realistic and it seems... her head is always in the clouds, lost in some 50's promise of blah utopian domestic security.

#2748 03/24/02 08:09 AM

Peace and prosperity to you all!

Time to take another holiday from mind exploration. I'm afraid there is no more time--can't afford the luxury. Pace of life accelerates--graduation approaches, moving to England day after.

Hear Ye! May 9th, 2006 is financial independence day!

I deliver or I enslave the best 40 years of my life.

Be back in four years.
Save my place, guys.

Always a pleasure,

Brian

#2749 03/24/02 10:48 AM
Hel Offline

Hey, Brian, aren't your going to check in at all? I am sure you can get internet access in the UK. Anyway, I have really enjoyed reading your postings, and I have learned a lot from them/you. Thanks.

Good luck, best wishes, lots of love ..etc.etc..

#2750 08/22/03 02:19 AM

Hey I am wondering if the poor man or woman's solution might be to get a tape player, a cd player, a splitter and some headphones and simply connect both players to the splitter and then to the headphones. Turn on both players at the same time adjust the volumes of each and you are basically doing the same thing as mixing the two together using the computer programs.

Am I missing something crucial?

quote:
Originally posted by Michael:
Let's start again!
I have some questions!

How do you merge two files? I own the paraliminals, but "coded" them into wav files and now want to merge them with brain wave generator files (how did this go anyway, brian, others?)

When I try (using sound forge 4.5, it just added the file to the end of the other one)

Anyway, which are best? I was thinking, of say using 30 minutes

15- Sleep induction
15- Hypnosis (complex)

All merged into a paralinial...

#2751 08/22/03 05:11 AM

brian just found this thread, damn! i agree with the other guy who said make a forum or website, or online journal or something! and as soon as u have ur intellectual property copywrighted and such share it with us!!! this is all interesting, i think im gonna get natural brilliance now for starters,
and i am kinda looking to take a quantum leap, and making a change, a trnasformation, involving using lots of mind tools, involving working on achieving many many goals simulatnoously, developing my health and fitness through exercise, developing mind and intellect through brain entrainment, nbinarual beats, reading problem solving brain stroming meditating, anyway all ur posts have been pretty informative and insprining

#2752 08/23/03 04:13 AM

Geezz, I'm glad some else has recognized the VantageQuest CD. I recommended it two months ago in other posts. It is an awesome tool. I've been using it for a year now. It blows away most other programs. But I also agree, Natural Brilliance is also an awesome program and the paraliminal rocks!

#2753 08/31/03 09:52 AM

Brian,

You mentioned a nootropic earlier. Do you care to share about it?

Sometimes you sound (no offense intended) like a bi-polar on the manic euphoria side of the swing, do you have periods where you swing the other way or is it generally up up up all the time?

I do believe it is possible to go into a state in which one has no internal sensory representations. Think of the brain, folks. There are parts of the brain associated with these representations and activity in these parts can be surpressed. Now, what sort of memory of this experience would exist?

It is possible to talk about a state of not having from a place of having. Just because you are in a state now where you have these representations doesn't mean you can't remember and talk about an experience in which you did not have them.

It has not been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that all thought occurs solely from representational systems. Yes, we do have thoughts and understandings with these internal senses of ours, but does their presence mean that all thought must be defined in their terms? Is it possible to have non-sensory thought? I think so. Just like it is possible and often the case that we have non-linguistic thought.

I am thinking in terms of lanuage when I disucss these things therefore every subject that I think about must be in the same structure of language. So when I am running everything I do and think must be of the essence of running and nothing else. Right? Even though I am talking about encyclopedias they are running encyclopedias ... see the flaw here?

No. I use language to talk *about* my thoughts. This doesn't mean these thoughts are necessarily linguistic. Same principle for representations. All brain activity is not sensory brain activity. I believe brain activity involved in thought is not always sensory in nature. Our sensory experience provides data which is processed through thought, but it isn't the only kind of data there necessarily is. So, I am basically saying that one is aware of sensory impressions and activity. This means awareness is not dependent upon the senses to exist. We can simply be aware. Of what? Well, that, I think, is developed over time and often the subject of spiritual matters.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited August 31, 2003).]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved