Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#27744 04/17/02 09:49 PM

Small comment, big quote CommonSense.

LordOfEarth, I initially was tempted to comment on your first post but didn't. I wasn't offended. I hold no real bond with PR, NLP, or Anthony Robbins. I was more disturbed by your tone, and the emotions I read into your post. The idea of cutting people, sorry parasites, out of your life. It sounds very angry.

All my reading and listening is providing me with knowledge and insights. In a post somewhere I commented on roadblocks. Not every one sees wants preventing them from having, getting, being what they want. I've see self-defeating patterns in myself, through these studies. Some I already knew, some I immediately recognized once the material exposed them, some I only felt the effects of and didn't understand until after lots of self examination and a tip or two.

I am happier and probably a little bit of a better person for my studies and efforts. I'm not sure I would be, where I am, without the help I've gotten from the matterial. That's not to say I don't discard the 80% to 90% of the matterial I don't find useful. I also don't swallow whole everything that is presented. Especially the "science" of understanding the how the brain works. Some of the matterial sounds right to me, and so it probably is right for me. Others is just the conjectures that need to be tested by the crucible of time.

As for NLP and PR, I think Paul just is using the tools he thinks are best. Which probably means, will help the most people to achieve PR.

Anyways, like very thing else, you select from what is presented.

So here's to growth. May you always face the sun.

#27745 04/20/02 05:35 AM

When I was talking about "parasites" I was talking about INNER ones- useless patterns, bad moods, stupid repetitive thoughts that had me creating the same rotten results over and over.

[Kick the morons out of your life, and you have a pretty good life without having to do anything, don't you?]

I've found that to be true but it was something I would never have believed 20 years ago. There's no anger in that, believe me. I'm sure when you were young you knew people that when you hung around them you always got into trouble but you still felt that they were "friends." To say "I'm not going to hang around with you anymore" is the same thing as kicking them out of your life, that can only be positive.

I've simply noticed that "progress" isn't accumulating certain things it's getting rid of the non-useful and that does include people too. In case you've never really seen it this way, when someone calls someone else a "jerk" (or something similar) it's almost ALWAYS when that person wont let the other person USE him in one way or another.

You want to have the most fun you've ever had in your life? Do this: the next time someone says something offensive in anyway toward anyone, just walk away. The next time someone starts gossiping about anyone else and they look at you as if they think you care and want to hear it, just walk away. Do this to everyone you know and pretty soon they'll start not liking you and YOU HAVEN'T EVEN DONE NOTHING TO THEM. And the funny thing about it is, it's NLP (interupting their patterns) and simply not participating in stupidity at the same time. That's what I was talking about earlier- most of the NLP stuff is just WHAT SOMETHING ELSE WAS before it was called "NLP."

Most people's "patterns" include us going along with whatever they want no matter what it costs us in time, money or whatever. To refuse that isn't being negative. I had a friend for over 10 years until one day I just said to him "I can't sit here and drink beer anymore and ***** about life. I just can't and won't do it again." To this day he won't even talk to me. It was "all or nothing." I was either on his side and agreed with everything he thought or I'm a dick not worth the time of day. The Creed song "my own prison" is pretty freekin accurate.

#27746 04/19/02 06:42 PM

All right y'all,

You've once again perked my interest in NLP. I have a copy of Rex Sikes course sitting at home waiting to be listened to.

I once worked for an employeer who practiced NLP ... he had this nack of calming people down when they were in a tizzy. Amazing stuff.

Question is, can one benefit more from taking a 'live' class as oppossed to tape format?

Commonsense, IAM2 and LordofEarth ... keep participating, I'm picking up all kinds of good information from y'all. In advance, thanks!

#27747 04/19/02 07:43 PM

NLP is a form of coding experience ONLY. Nothing more - mothing less. NLP is a methodology for breaking down processes, skills, talents, etc. in order to transfer them to someone else.

NLP is NOT:
-self help
-persuasion
-influence
-seduction
-hypnosis (everything is - nothing is)
-therapy
-etc.

Those things are ways or processes to achieve outcomes. Helping yourself to do what? Persuading whom to do what? Seducing whom to do what?

NLP simply allows you to code the successful experience of someone else or even your own successful experience in order to be able to consciously repeat or adopt the process.

Paul used NLP distinctions to model expert readers. Distinctions about the uses of conscious and unconscious processing.

In the words of my Master Trainer Rex Sikes, "NLP doesn't exist." Because IT doesn't - experience does. NLP merely gives you the tools to organize the experience.

DHE or NHR is different because those deal with deep trance phenomenon. But for now, just know that NLP has no outcome by itself.

It's just communication and CommonSense!

#27748 04/20/02 09:32 AM
Hel Offline

Commonsense, would you tell us more about DHE and NHR? Grinder is no more involved in these, is he, just Bandler? And what's persuasion engineering (sounds like heavy-duty manipulation)?

Also, I want to thank you for all the help and valuable information you have given on this board already.

#27749 04/21/02 09:08 PM

Hey Hel:

Follow this link for an explanation from someone who has been there.
http://www.nlp.org/reviews/nhr2000a.htm

#27750 04/22/02 06:28 PM

hey I was just wondering: I've noticed that often Paul (or just now Hale on the sedona course) say something like: and whenever you're ready, if you haven't already, close (open) your eyes"
now is the "if you haven't all ready" an embedded command? i mean it sounds kind of unnecesary and then i notived that allready sounds all like "READY!"
anyone?
just a random thought

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved