Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

It comes in tablets 800mg each. I take it with lecithin. Piracetam opens your mind. It's like reading 10 pgs of material and constantly remembering every single pg as you are reading pg 11. I heard that short term memory is only 7 plus or minus 2, but this feels like 100 plus or minus 50. I'll give you more detail as soon as I come back from Virginia, I'm a little busy with my final review. Try it yourself and let me know how it went. This nootropic is very safe. It's been around for 40yrs. There are no contra indications. If you want to know more, I suggest that you read a book by the name Of "Smart Drugs II" The next Generation by War Dean.

quote:
Originally posted by Hel:
Gino, is the piracetam in powder form? Do you take anything else with it? Is it helping you with your studies?

[This message has been edited by Hel (edited April 25, 2002).]

ehhh.. Ginkgo.. Total marketing overkill in North America.. have you wonder where the hell these companies get their raw materials? I doubt Ginkgo can be grown for massive massive production. And with the ridiculous amount of brands out there, you don't know what youre getting.. it coulbe snake oil.

If it works for you, I'm surprised.. Even more surprised it works that quickly!

You mentioned MJ. IMO, it's of the best if you can acquire the right types but impractical because you need cultivation knowledge.

Anyways, Ginkgo is not enough to maintain your fitness on all levels. You need to integrate proper nutrition.. Nutrition can give you the performance equal to any intelligent-enchancing synthetic drug out there. Just basics like Vitamin C, B complex, the aminos like tyrosine, cysteine, carnitien (sic).. Or eating less processed foods.. get on whole grains, raw veggies, etc..

It's easier to pop a pill then it is to eat wholistically.

Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Well I noted a little depression, and thought that I had similar reaction the last couple of tries. The stuff is in the garbage now.

As for the fitness and basic nutrients. I jog 3 to 5 times a week, 6 to 12 km at go. Once summer gets off its hinney and shows up I'll be biking 5 days a week. I've taken a multi-vitamin and a B-complex every day for 26 years. The last thing for the physical health is sleep, and I don't always get enough of that.

Well, there is always room for improvement. Whatever you've been using may not be adequate anymore, and long-term repeated use of such supplements..... Well, you get the picture. / There are reputable companies selling good products. Probably the best way to find these companies is through alternative medicine. With some luck, you'll find a therapist that'll provide you with *just* the necessary nutrients to support and improve your overall health.

I just recently found a homeopath/herbalist who does muscle testing. This testing is rather unusual because she reads off acupressure points on my body. She was quite accurate in assessing my health problems and providing me with the necessary supplements, making my guesswork unnecessary.

Anyways, besides nutrition, you can do eye exercises to help improve and maintain the its health and function (ie: PRing). Anybody interested, just pop me an email and I'll send this information I won off Ebay.

badpoodycat@hotmail.com

If you only need vitamins and exercise to be in your top mental health, how come most athletes are not that bright? When it comes to having a great health, athletes are the top notches. I know a lot of summa cumm laudes that are over weight and smoke like crazy, but when it comes to grades, they will make your healthy individual look like he has Down syndrome. I have two friends in Harvard and my brother goes to M.I.T. They all take piracetam and don’t exercise. In other words, If you want to increase IQ, take smart drugs. They wont help you get into M.I.T, but will help you go from a B average to a B+. They are not a miracle, they will only enhanced what you already have.

UOTE]Originally posted by Phelix:
ehhh.. Ginkgo.. Total marketing overkill in North America.. have you wonder where the hell these companies get their raw materials? I doubt Ginkgo can be grown for massive massive production. And with the ridiculous amount of brands out there, you don't know what youre getting.. it coulbe snake oil.

If it works for you, I'm surprised.. Even more surprised it works that quickly!

You mentioned MJ. IMO, it's of the best if you can acquire the right types but impractical because you need cultivation knowledge.

Anyways, Ginkgo is not enough to maintain your fitness on all levels. You need to integrate proper nutrition.. Nutrition can give you the performance equal to any intelligent-enchancing synthetic drug out there. Just basics like Vitamin C, B complex, the aminos like tyrosine, cysteine, carnitien (sic).. Or eating less processed foods.. get on whole grains, raw veggies, etc..

It's easier to pop a pill then it is to eat wholistically.

[/QUOTE]

Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

I think I've finished with experimenting.

As for good grade or good health... give me good health. I've spent more than my share of time at University and moving form a B to B+ is within the reach of just about everyone I've known. It's discipline and good study habits that more often than not the separte the A students form the rest. The top guys in my classes were not the brightest, but the hardest working.

Probably the same for PR. The guys getting the best results are the ones that have put the most effort into it. Nothing special about them, except that they are willing to work for what they want.

*steps off of soap box*

Piracetam's main effect will be the augmentation of your memory. Problem solving skills and memory are inextricably connected, I'm afraid; IQ tests do not measure your ability to solve problems you've never seen before and do not indicate anyone's "natural propensity for creative thought". Rather, they measure your ability to emulate the way of viewing problems and synthesizing stimuli that's been deemed most effective in our Western culture (this is directly related to memory; those with near photographic memories often score exceptionally high on IQ despite showing little to no aptitude for original thought or inferential comprehension). Generally speaking, the geniuses are those that redefine the boundaries of our 'structure of thought'; creativity and our ability to commit to memory established intellectual patterns may be related, but they are not the same or even mutually inclusive.

If you're looking for the 'quick route' to becoming a mental giant, you're going to be disappointed by any of these 'miracle drugs'.

As another note, I've known a few people who have taken Piracetam, and while they swore by it, I noticed no change; the lucidity of their writing remained constant and their social prowess was unchanged. Mood stabilization was observed, but that is all.

Consider: if these were actually as effective as has been reported, would they not be looked upon more favorably? Without a doubt. The fact of the matter is that the majority of upper level graduates (and faculty members) at major universities (Harvard, MIT, Brown, etc.) haven't even heard of Piracetam let alone used it consistently. You're going to have a hard time convincing me that any lobby would take up the cause of "preventing the release of smart drugs", but you'd have no trouble swaying my opinion to the side of "they flat out don't work. The research was done by over zealous scientists and is, unfortunately, drastically flawed".

That being said, I'm going to give them a chance. Lecithin, Choline, and Piracetam are all being ordered today. The real test for me is DO I notice a difference? We shall see.

-sidis

[/QUOTE]

The research was done by over zealous scientists and is, unfortunately, drastically flawed".

If you are 100% that Piracetam doesn't work, how comw you are wasting money in ordering it?

Try x-cellR8. It's the only energy supplement that has FDA approval. No jitters either. That means it is clinically proven to work in a non-b.s. clinical study. www.xcellr8.com

Dr. Ellis happens to be a pretty cool guy, in addition to being one of the world's leading experts on metabolism and nutrition.

We are not talking about increasing physical energy here. Mental energy and physical energy are not the same. It'll take me some time to explain to you the difference between them, perhaps I'll explain it some other day.

quote:
Originally posted by tylerhasselhoff:
Try x-cellR8. It's the only energy supplement that has FDA approval. No jitters either. That means it is clinically proven to work in a non-b.s. clinical study. www.xcellr8.com

Dr. Ellis happens to be a pretty cool guy, in addition to being one of the world's leading experts on metabolism and nutrition.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved