Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#29605 07/17/02 05:50 AM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

I didn't try this course last year because of some comments made here. Out of complete frustration I ordered it figuring I could return it if it didn't work out.

A couple months ago me and 2 others chipped in on the PR course and it's funny that the worst reader out of all 3 of us love it, and me and the other, my sister in law who is the fastest reader I've ever met, can't really get it to work. She said to me,"This is just a collection of reading stuff taken from other books. So what if it doesn't work. Just make your own collection of stuff." I wish I had her attitude when I was still in college. She's right. I've been so stupid. I've been trying to get a certain synergistic collection of reading techniques to work because I was turned on my the whole concept.

Anyway, I think I'm just built to read everything. When I go to a buffet, I have the same attitude, I don't want to miss anything. They have to roll me out.

As much as I wanted PR to work for me, it doesn't. I got Reading Genius yesterday morning and I called in sick then and today and went through it twice and it really did blow me away. I guess if the PR steps work for you, then that's the right combination of synergistic material and you can just run. For me it wasn't. To each his own I guess.

Well, I guess I'm kicked off the forum. My swan song is this, if one thing doesn't work, change your approach. See ya!

I may appear on the Genius Code forum, I think I will get that one.

#29606 07/16/02 06:36 PM

No, please stay. Tell us how RG differs from PR.

#29607 07/16/02 08:11 PM

Reading Genius was the first reading course that I still own and purchased along with Subliminal Dynamics/Mental Photograghy, and PhotoReading. I never made it past the first tape in the Reading Genius course because of the visualizing exercise whereas you're suppose to twist the trunk of your body around and visualize that you are a helicopter blade. That did it for me, meaning, I shelved the program. I can't visualize in my mind that way and it seemed rather stupid and un-necessary. What does that have to do with learning to read faster???!!!!.

#29608 07/16/02 08:48 PM

allenhm
where have you been hiding???

#29609 07/16/02 09:19 PM

Hello Margaret my dear . I check in periodically, drop my two cents in, and jump out. I'm never hiding but always lurking around. The new young PR'ers are doing an excellent job and are providing superb comments to those who are struggling and having problems.

#29610 07/17/02 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by allenhm:
Hello Margaret my dear .

Maybe it's ancient history, but what is the deal between you two?

READING GENIUS?! HA HA HA! SUCKER!

(Search the archives for 'Can Jedi PhotoRead?::Part II)

#29611 07/17/02 05:21 AM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

I read that and it sounds like you're comparing one sales pitch to another, not one course to another. They are nothing alike, at all.

Sucker? Your damn right I am.

They are nothing alike at all. Whoever said that has not done both of them. 1% is taken from the PR course, that's about it. Most of it is ripped off of Tony Robbins so if anyone has a compaint, it's him, not PR. I like NLP but there ain't much of it in PR, there's a ton of it in RG.

RG is based on music and emotion. It's like putting yourself through a mini seminar or movie with each book. I f***ing dig it.

Besides, it's not like you have to do one or the other, you could combine them. Geeze.

#29612 07/17/02 12:32 PM

I'm not comparing one sales pitch to another. I took one of their speed reading tests that shows "just how much I need" RG. I scored above what they would see is the "you need to buy this" speed.

On their old website, they had seven books, saying "Read all 7 of these in a week!"

With PhotoReading, you can surpass that by God knows how many exponents.

#29613 07/18/02 05:21 AM
x Offline

Mark, you know my attitude already. If it works for you, by all means use it! There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I hope the Reading Genius course works better for you than PR did. Drop in sometime and tell us how you're progressing with it...

#29614 07/18/02 05:30 AM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

-With PhotoReading, you can surpass that by God knows how many exponents.-

I couldn't. I got in 8 hours with RG what I couldn't get in 2 years with PR. What am I supposed to do? Do you think I wanted to have PR not work? I used it to death for 4 semesters and I got 70%s. I used it on every book I wanted to read and put the books down knowing maybe 10-20 ideas from them. That's not reading to me. I think I like RG because you actually read, you don't just assume you already know stuff, which is exactly what a "hunch" is. It's identical to a presupposition or an assumption. A book "gels" when you already know half of it to begin with and you actually read the other half. Funny how books above your level of intelligence just don't gel. Funny how it only "works" on nonfiction. Am I the only person in history to say "wait a minute, my "speed" is dictated by how much I don't actually read." So if I read a book and bounce over 90% of it, can I really say I read it? I think the difference between this working or not is the level of knowledge you're willing to accept and I ain't taking it. "The whole book is in your nonconscious mind!" Great, but I can't get it without reading it all over again. If there's a million dollars on the top of Mt Everest that's just as useful to me as a book in my subcon somewhere because I can't get it. Wait, I forgot, I need to ask questions in order to get it. But if I just start reading, answers to questions I would have never even dreamed up will just be there in black and white. What if I ask a question and then my inner mind doesn't give me that "signal" to stop and dip on something? What if this happens frequently? How would you ever figure this out? You probably never would. I did though.

I photoread and activated the Eistein factor book and then just read it normally. I spent probably an hour a day for a week reading the whole thing. It was so cool and 95% of it was completely new to me even after layering it to death with PR. What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say? Reading is reading and screwing around is screwing around.

"You do not understand the system." I understand that placebo's work over 30% of the time.

I also understand that if you get the book and it doesn't work they tell you to get the tapes and if the tapes don't work then they tell you to take the seminar and at the seminar they try to sell you the tapes.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved