Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#29615 07/18/02 05:49 AM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

X

That wasn't directed at you. You posted right before I did.

#29616 07/18/02 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MarkP4:
-With PhotoReading, you can surpass that by God knows how many exponents.-

I couldn't. I got in 8 hours with RG what I couldn't get in 2 years with PR. What am I supposed to do? Do you think I wanted to have PR not work? I used it to death for 4 semesters and I got 70%s. I used it on every book I wanted to read and put the books down knowing maybe 10-20 ideas from them. That's not reading to me. I think I like RG because you actually read, you don't just assume you already know stuff, which is exactly what a "hunch" is. It's identical to a presupposition or an assumption. A book "gels" when you already know half of it to begin with and you actually read the other half. Funny how books above your level of intelligence just don't gel. Funny how it only "works" on nonfiction. Am I the only person in history to say "wait a minute, my "speed" is dictated by how much I don't actually read." So if I read a book and bounce over 90% of it, can I really say I read it? I think the difference between this working or not is the level of knowledge you're willing to accept and I ain't taking it. "The whole book is in your nonconscious mind!" Great, but I can't get it without reading it all over again. If there's a million dollars on the top of Mt Everest that's just as useful to me as a book in my subcon somewhere because I can't get it. Wait, I forgot, I need to ask questions in order to get it. But if I just start reading, answers to questions I would have never even dreamed up will just be there in black and white. What if I ask a question and then my inner mind doesn't give me that "signal" to stop and dip on something? What if this happens frequently? How would you ever figure this out? You probably never would. I did though.

I photoread and activated the Eistein factor book and then just read it normally. I spent probably an hour a day for a week reading the whole thing. It was so cool and 95% of it was completely new to me even after layering it to death with PR. What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say? Reading is reading and screwing around is screwing around.

"You do not understand the system." I understand that placebo's work over 30% of the time.

I also understand that if you get the book and it doesn't work they tell you to get the tapes and if the tapes don't work then they tell you to take the seminar and at the seminar they try to sell you the tapes.

You're a fool. Sorry, but you are. If your attitude is, "I can't get it out of my subconscious mind, even though it's already in there." You DON'T understand the system. It's obvious just by the way you describe it. You have no idea what you're saying.

And with LSC - they didn't do that whole thing with me. They told me how to become successful with the system just from the book. Their advice worked. All they said about anything else is, "If you want to see the differences, there is likely even more benefits you can get from trying the personal learning course, and the seminar." They didn't say, "Oh, you're failing with it? GO TAKE THE $700 SEMINAR! Muhahaha."

You're following exactly what RG's website has said about PR. Know what it has said? FALSE CLAIMS. Ed Strachar visited a PR seminar, and he refuses to talk about it. Reading Genius involves pointless excersises that you must do in order to actually say you're doing it. PR is just as easy as getting a book, and being able to go anywhere with it.

Not only that, but RG has an obvious limit. PhotoReading doesn't. You think Pete, or any of the other PhotoReaders who have been doing it for years could be as good with RG if they had done it the same amount of time? It's not practical.

You don't bounce over 90% of it.

Want to know something else? I normal read a lot of Einstien Factor too! I missed probably a little less than 8%. You can use the system, and comprehend, retain all of the information better than normal methods, along with getting in done in no slower needed than a third of the time.

I'm sorry that you've turned to the darkside.

#29617 07/18/02 04:59 PM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

-If your attitude is, "I can't get it out of my subconscious mind, even though it's already in there." You DON'T understand the system.-

I do understand that after I PR/Act a book all I know is what I dipped on. I'll ask you again, what am I supposed to after only getting bits and peices out of the books I read? When I actually add Mind Mapping my reading pace is slower than half of Evelyn Woods and my comprehension is only of that that I actually read through dipping.

-Ed Strachar visited a PR seminar, and he refuses to talk about it. -

He obviously also took MegaSpeedreading, all the other speedreading courses and Tony Robbins. Since you brought it up Paul attended a Subliminal Dynamics seminar. Photoreading is just a collection of reading techniques taken from other courses and books, it's steps are just renamed speedreading techniques, all sold as a separate "System." It obviously works for you but I can't get it to work. Saying that I don't "understand" someone elses collection of bootlegged reading techniques isn't saying anything bad about me. The fastest thing that works for me is Photoreading, oops, Mental Photography then Speedreading. As soon as I find out who the first person was to coin the phrase and teach it, I'll start calling it by it's real name so I can give credit where it's due.

You don't like RG because it's just speedreading and NLP exercises focused on reading. I understand that, who cares if my formula doesn't do it for you, it probably only works for me.

The 'false claims' you are referring to are the 25,000 wpm and "better comprehension" and all that and I can relate to that but I'm not saying it from a stand point of opinion, I've actually been through them both.

By the way, Ed used the Subliminal Dynamics course as his model for Reading Genius, NOT the Photoreading Course. He just added NLP and music to it. Should Ed be nicer on his sight, I think so. He should also be honest.

Here's an outline of the Subliminal Dynamics course as posted by SD student here around 6 months ago... (I'm paraphrasing)

1- Read book upside down and backwards 3 times as fast as you can
2- Speedread- pick out trigger words as you read the page from top to bottom
3- Ask and answer questions like an exam
4- Take a verbal exam by a friend
5-Look at the front cover of the book as a trigger for your uncon mind
6-Write about the book
7-Emotions- use feeling to stir up answers
8- Image Stream- or Vivid Mind Pictures

Supposedly all of this here did not work for the Creator or Photoreading or Reading Genius, they made their own way, and sold it.

If you say something bad about RG then it also applies to PR. Even though technically they should be similar, they are as different as night and day. RG doesn't copy anything from PR, it follows NLP.

-I'm sorry that you've turned to the darkside.-

All I'm doing is speedreading with the PR step still. If I'm going to overlook something I don't need, I'll at least scan it so I know for sure. I'm probably not doing anything dissimilar than you are, I'm just skipping the foreplay.

You know the funny thing is and I noticed this with diet book authors, once someone sells and idea they then have to defend it. And they can never change their mind or the people who bought it will get mad because they think they were lied to. You and I don't have to do that though, we can continuously read and change things around. Even though Dana gets and income and probably has a better job than any of us will ever have, he can't say anything outside of the PR guidelines. He can't say "well if you just want to read then just read and get the h*ll out of here!"

#29618 07/19/02 05:46 AM

Remember, kids, confusion is the prime indicator that learning is taking place.

I choose to follow Paul Scheele's motto: "There is no failure, only feedback."

We appreciate you sharing your feedback as you continue forward on your learning path.

Neuro Linguistic Programming is part of the foundation which makes PhotoReading possible, along with pre-conscious processing and accelerated learning. The sources are listed in the bibliography of the "how-to" PhotoRead book.

Email me for a free copy of the "History of PhotoReading" article. DanaH@LearningStrategies.com

The overall objective of Reading Genius is to overwhelm your "whole mind" so your regular reading speed goes up.

If you are seeing results with the Reading Genius approach, great! Keep using it. But keep in mind, it is human nature to seek out and adopt the easiest, most effective way to do things, which is how all of us have evolved onto this forum and the PhotoReading system.

Good luck! =D

#29619 07/19/02 04:03 AM

My fellow Jedi. . .do not be seduced by the darkside of the Force. It is appearant that Mark has turned, and has become a Sith.

The darkside is the quick and easy way, but not the more powerful. Always remember this.

25,000WPM is not a false claim. They say you can "PhotoRead at 25,000WPM." Guess what? That's true. You just can't normal read that fast. Sorry, Mark, but you didn't get them.

"I do understand that after I PR/Act a book I only know what I dipped on."

Egh! Wrong. You know all of the material.

Oh, and PR. . .it's not a placebo.

-youngprer

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited July 18, 2002).]

#29620 07/23/02 07:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
Remember, kids, confusion is the prime indicator that learning is taking place.

I choose to follow Paul Scheele's motto: "There is no failure, only feedback."

The overall objective of Reading Genius is to overwhelm your "whole mind" so your regular reading speed goes up.

If you are seeing results with the Reading Genius approach, great! Keep using it. But keep in mind, it is human nature to seek out and adopt the easiest, most effective way to do things, which is how all of us have evolved onto this forum and the PhotoReading system.

Sorry Dana, I don't agree with you. Reading MarkP4's story is like my PR-biography!

I took the course, bought and read the book, followed every step, used some tapes and still can't get it to work.

"There is no failure, only feedback" is one of the NLP presuppositions. To continue in this line of thought: if a strategy doesn't work, change it and do something else until it works...

I started using PR for Direct Learning. I wonder how this will go, my expectations are high, although I wonder whether it's PR or the timeline that generates the new behaviour...

Regards,
P.

P.S. I'm curious what Richard Bandler's opinion is on speed, rapid, photo, mental, genius reading...

[This message has been edited by P. Brain (edited July 23, 2002).]

#29621 07/23/02 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by P. Brain:
Sorry Dana, I don't agree with you. Reading MarkP4's story is like my PR-biography!

I took the course, bought and read the book, followed every step, used some tapes and still can't get it to work.

Tell me exactly how you are "following every step." Include the name of the book you are reading, the level of comprehension you want, and how much time you have spend activating.

#29622 07/24/02 05:42 AM

I think photo-reading works but I may take a look at reading-genius to help me with technical documentation.
I'm still new to photo-reading. I haven't gotten it to work for me in school as some people have. I used to have trouble with reading when my mind would always wonder but by using the tangerine technique I can now focus. I've gotten direct learning to work with the Natural Brilliance book by telling my mind to dream about it. At first I noticed the way my mind was thinking differently and really liked the new way of thinking. Then I picked up the book and flipped through it and found out how those new thought processes came from the book without me even consciously knowing about it. I'm still having allot of troubles with getting photo-reading to work with text books and technical documentation. Maybe image-streaming would help. I don't know what to do, I'll have to do some serious problem solving to figure this one out.

#29623 07/23/02 09:06 PM

Oh man. . .feels like the Jedi Order is about to fall.

#29624 07/24/02 05:05 AM
MarkP4 Offline OP
OP Offline

-Tell me exactly how you are "following every step." Include the name of the book you are reading, the level of comprehension you want, and how much time you have spend activating.-

We must interupt your pattern.

-I may take a look at reading-genius to help me with technical documentation-

I've melted them together. I'm still trying to get PR to work, it's like an addiction. It's like a lottery ticket, I just can't let the dream go.

I Photoread 'Preconcious Processing' by Norman Dixon today and I really didn't get much out of it. All I wanted to find was what was related to photoreading and most of the book was all about proving that you can take in stimulus nonconsciously and process it but very little was usefull in regards to printed material outside of the short one liners used by those subliminal advertisers. I know that material taken in consciously can be processed unconsciously but to be taken in unconsciously, processed and then spit out into something understandable... I have yet to see any concrete evidence and outside of the couple courses that teach it, no one really cares about it. Because if you still gotta read then you still gotta read and who knows how you're getting it, one way or the other.

BTW, how can I be sucked into the dark side if I wasn't even on any side in the first place?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved