Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#29635 08/01/02 02:48 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Au contraire!

#29636 10/07/02 07:58 AM

Hello allenhm:
Reading Genius was the first reading course that I still own and purchased along with Subliminal Dynamics/Mental Photograghy, and PhotoReading. I never made it past the first tape in the Reading Genius course because of the visualizing exercise whereas you're suppose to twist the trunk of your body around and visualize that you are a helicopter blade. That did it for me, meaning, I shelved the program. I can't visualize in my mind that way and it seemed rather stupid and un-necessary. What does that have to do with learning to read faster???!!!!.[/B][/QUOTE]

from your materails ,it seems that you've access to 3 reading methods: Reading Genius, Mental Photography and Photoread.My question is what are differences in these methods?

#29637 10/07/02 08:30 AM

I hate Star Wars...want to quote a great movie try Boondock Saints...

#29638 10/07/02 09:15 AM

After reading all these comments ,now i am really upset. did i do the worng thing buy pruchasing this PR system?? What i am after is complete comprehension aand the material that i have ot read is not fluff and some lite detail. In fact it is mostly all detail,and its over 500-1000 pages of complete detail which has to be completly understood and rememberd exactly. I pray thatI did not waste my time and money on this system. I genuinely need help and was hoping that this was the answer. I so badly needed this system to improve my wife and i's life and financial situation. I am not rich as many ofyou seem to be and I cannot afford the money and the time loss if this systme does not work.So far , i have tried the first tape and guess what, it did nothing for me and in fact inthe dictionary game, i guessed a word that was not even in the book, what is the answer to that?? Is there no hope for me?? Do i have to pod through mounds of this material on my own??

#29639 10/07/02 11:19 AM

NO! You didn't waste your money or time at all. What Pete was saying is that you CAN gain all of the information in a book, but sometimes, in pleasure reading mostly, you want to stop and read a paragraph because it was enjoyable to read. There may be many reasons for enjoying it... it may be well written, it may have pleasant imagery, etc. If you PhotoRead because you need it for your job, then keep the program. You will need it, and it will help you more than you may think.
In the dictionary, if your word is not in the dictionary, find out where the word would be if it were in the dictionary(alphabetically) and see if you were right. Also, many people fail the first few times they try the game, the game is just to try to demonstrate the affects of photoreading, to show you it works. Try it more than once, and then if it doesnt work just keep going with the tapes, getting it wrong on the game doesnt mean you cant photoread, you just need more practice. KEEP AT IT! It will help.

#29640 10/07/02 11:48 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
What i am after is complete comprehension aand the material that i have ot read is not fluff and some lite detail. In fact it is mostly all detail,and its over 500-1000 pages of complete detail which has to be completly understood and rememberd exactly.

With the photoreading system you can collect just as much information out of a book as you want. A 500-1000 page textbook would take probably 50 hours (as an example since each person will have a different learning pace, for different material) to learn by the regular reading method. With the photoreading system you could reduce this to 15 hours for the same level of comprehension or you could invest a bit more time say 21 hours and gain better comprehension than you would have with regular reading. You still cover more ground than you do by regular reading.

quote:
I pray thatI did not waste my time and money on this system. I genuinely need help and was hoping that this was the answer. I so badly needed this system to improve my wife and i's life and financial situation. I am not rich as many ofyou seem to be and I cannot afford the money and the time loss if this systme does not work.So far , i have tried the first tape and guess what, it did nothing for me and in fact inthe dictionary game, i guessed a word that was not even in the book, what is the answer to that?? Is there no hope for me?? Do i have to pod through mounds of this material on my own??

The dictionary game is just a game. Complete the course before you judge the results. The fact that you selected a word that was not even in that dictionary is in essance your mind demonstrating its skill in processing information that is in the dictionary. The question is how did you feel when you were looking for that word in you mind. When it happened to me I was annoyed because I wasn't getting a picture... I had a very strong feeling that I was wrong about the placement that I was trying to guess. That turned out to be a good thing. My inner mind was showing me that the information that I was looking for wasn't there. I turned around to experience similar feeling with other books when I expected information on questions I formed. It became my signal saying... poor question or not related to this book.

Keep going with the course. The dictionary game is just a game.

When you have tried the whole system once though I'm sure you'll see the benefits. Once you've completed the course, use the forum and the coaching available with the system to hone it for your studies. There are plenty of study tips here. It's just easier to put them to work for you once you've got a start with the system.

Re-read page 17 of the photoreading book because photoreading is different to the way you used to read. Unlike a lot of other home study courses LSC does provide help for to see success with the system. You just need to take your foot off the brakes and give it a go.

Alex

#29641 10/07/02 12:03 PM
Hel Offline

I chucked my copy of that dictionary.

#29642 10/08/02 06:13 AM

I want to read at 5000-6000 wpm, which should I buy, PR or RG??? And I want to know everything in the book....

#29643 10/08/02 11:26 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Neither, No course will guarentee your goal of 'reading' 5000wpm. No one ever gets 100% conscious comprehension out of any book.

Reading Genius you get to listen to music everytime you read

Photoreading you remain flexible in your reading speed. Some books you will spend only 30 minutes on and be satisfied that you have all you want to know others you may spend a couple of hours with. Photoreading is not speed reading. Photoreading is part of a reading/learning system. You can photoread at 25000wpm, however you do not have conscious recollection of what you have photoread. You bring the text you read to conscious awareness through activation techniques. Less time is spent activating than reading a book once through. Speed reading is said to have an upper limit of about 800wpm.

If you want to see what photoreading is about you can just buy the book. All the information is in there.

Both courses come with a money back guarentee so you could try them and see. However if your goal is 5000wpm you will find that neither course will promise you that.

Alex

#29644 10/21/03 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MarkP4:
I have an idea. I want to get the Genius Code course.

I'll mail you 10% of the cost of the course and you send me the course. You take the money and "activate" it. Write a list of "trigger funds" that you could invest the money in. Then take the money and say what your purpose for investing would be. Write a list of questions on how you will go about investing. How much money do you want this to become? Place a dollar bill on the back of your head and chant to yourself, "As I invest my transactions are absolute" "All that I invest makes a lasting impression on my account and is available to me." Then, actively invest and turn this money into more money. Close the process with a sense of mastery. Realize that money grows in layers. You don't always make a great return your first time so you may have to return to the bank again and again to achieve the level of growth you are after.

Hey, if we have to do it this way, so should you.

We got a deal?

Wow! Is this a viable technique for making cash?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved