I am a freshman in college and I have been studying photoreading for the past two years. I am using my newfound skills to learn languages but it has been more like a trial and error run to see what works for me. I am fluent in spanish; I am now teaching myself portuguese. I have found that the photoreading tremendously assists in recall abilities.
NE wayz, to your question- I have found that I will state my purpose for reviewing the materials and photoread the whole book(s). Then, I will enter the accelerated learning state and listen to the CD, first (you can choose a section to study- stick to ONE section). Next, I go back through, being sure to flip to the section I want to study, and listen to the CD with the book, being sure to pronounce the words in the alotted time given.
To encode these words into memory, I mindmap the words I remember from the section. Later, I return to the book and mindmap the words I didn't (once again, being sure to spell the words correctly).
The key to the mindmap is to group words in sections so that (you and the brain) can conscoiusly classify the words for later use. Try to make associations to things you either know or things that will trigger recall in words unfamiliar.