Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

I'm not getting this blip thing. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. Thanks for your help

Brandon

Administrator
Administrator

Brandon,

Have you tried the cocktail wienie effect? It gives you an idea of how it is formed.

It looks like a third page curved over in the middle of the book. Varies in width from person to person and even in width for a person during different photoreading sessions.

It you have trouble seeing it, just use the imaginary x technique. It works just as well.

Alex

I am having Problems too, IMaginary X Technique?

[This message has been edited by mathematician (edited August 19, 2002).]

Administrator
Administrator

The imaginary x technique is explained on page 48 of the photoreading book, the 2 paragraphs next to Einstein.

It's a good way of starting out if you're struggling with the blip page or have poor vision in one eye.

Alex

Okay, here's a visual answer, but it's not entirely accurate (kinda hard to reproduce 3D on a monitor), and the graphics are kinda larger than average, so bear with me.

This is how a regular page layout looks:

That's a recreation of pages 4 and 5 of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, side by side, as if you had the pages spread out.

Here's that same image when your eyes are diverged:

So you're thinking, "I can't read ANY of that!" Don't worry, you're not supposed to, that's the point for this part of the process. Please note how the page numbers have made phantom copies of themselves side by side.

This is the Blip Page itself, highlighted from everything else:

Hope that helps...if you have problems understanding it, let me know.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited August 19, 2002).]

OP Offline

Wow those diagrams really help. I thought the I was supposed to see something at the top of the page, but that was exactly what I need to know. How long can it take to get this blip down. And will the cross x work just as well? Thanks for your awesome replies

Thanks for the comment; I was hoping to get feedback on it, since I actually spent awhile doing the graphics.

Getting the blip down varies A LOT between each person. I got it right away, since I've been diverging my eyes on purpose since grade school (I was so good at Magic Eye pictures that during a Cheerios commercial advertising their new "3D picture" box, I was able to get the picture in the 2 1/2 seconds it was on screen, while it was in the background).

For other people, it is the hardest part of the program, bar none. One drawback about the blip page, in fact, is the difficulties some people have diverging their eyes.

In other words, how long it takes to get the blip page depends more on you than anything else.

The cross X method works too, but as far as I know, there's kind of "two" X methods.

One is while you have a blip page, imagine an "X" through the book, each point of the "X" touching each of the four corners of the page spreadout. This helps you get the whole book in your peripheral and normal vision.

The other is basically the same thing, only without the blip page. I guess what I'm saying is that the "x" method isn't necessarily a replacement for the blip page, though it can be.

If you can't get the blip to work, but can get the "X" to work, the "X" method, for you, works better. If you CAN get the blip to work, I'd rather go with that.

The great thing about PRing is that it's so customizable to your own needs and abilities.

Take care and good luck

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

OP Offline

I didn't want to see this one go to waste I believe it gives a great example of what the blip should look like. Hope this guy helpes you out, because he did me.

Ramon, nice description of the blip page. Same here: I've been diverging my eyes since I can remember. So the blip page came easy to me. However, I opted to do the X method without the blip because I didn't understand the use of the blip. By diverging my eyes, I could not make out the text (because of the overlapping letters). I did not understand how my mind, even the subconcious mind, could possibly absorb text that was visually garbled and nonsensical. But would you say that is the point of the step where the reader photoreads? To shut of the concious by confusing it with the blip, so that the subconcious can take hold? Does it work for you?

Also, off the subject, what is your website about? Just curious.

razordu30

ABSOLUTELY "GENIUS"!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved