Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#30817 09/04/02 02:57 PM
Flutie Offline OP
OP Offline

The subject says it all - I borrowed the course from a friend and am amazed that Ed Strachar charges $297 for the course. What amazes me even more is people buy it.

My friend Sam was like "Dude this stuff sucks...I got scammed...Strachar is your quintessential used car salesman". After having gone through I couple of tapes I am in agreement.

Anyone have similar thoughts?

Flutie

I actually was able to get it to "work" but all he does is anchor certain "states" TO the music so when you read (speedread) you're in a receptive state. It's plain old ordinary NLP used with reading.

I used it until the music no longer "worked" for me. Also it wasn't really practical at the office. I think there was allot of info on the tapes related to learning that was cool. If it was $100 I would have kept it.

I'll tell you what though. His format for reading:

State
Imagination
Curiosity
Photocopy
Read
Dream

Is really good when you have the time to do it right. The tapes are a long process of anchoring. I think a quicker way is to watch the movie "A beautiful Mind" and then read with the "Beautiful Mind" soundtrack. Anchors don't last long though, I don't care what bandler says. The mechanics of anchors is always there but the emotion will wear off. RG depends on emotion.

Pff! $100?? Yeah right. Try like...$6 for that trash. Look up the topic:

Can Jedi PhotoRead? - Part 2

It explains everything about my opinions of Crazy Eddy.

Flutie Offline OP
OP Offline

Mark,

Well my friend would be more than happy to sell you his course for $100 - he says he does not want to use eBay because he does not want people who don't know what they are getting into, buy this course and think he scammed them. Since you know what this course is all about send me an email and I will pass on his email address to you.

Thanks Much

Flutie

I'd love to but I already read faster than Iron Maiden Eddy. That's one of the reasons I returned it.

RG routinely goes for over $150 on ebay and all he has to do is say that he doesn't think it works and it will still sell.

I sold some Kenpo Karate tapes a couple years ago that I almost got full price out of and I even said I flat out don't believe in Kenpo Karate as a self defense method but that's just my opinion and people wanted them anyway.

I also sold a Pandora Box Guitar Processor and I said I think the sound sucks and it's too digital and I still had 6 bids.

MegaSpeedreading is on there for $10, now that is a scam.

hehe... kenpo karate? try some Small Circle Jujitsu!!! THE BEST!
Its funny how people can know so little and yet make so much money, if what you all say is true, i can see why paul and the others say "go ahead, try it, see what happens" thats like saying "go ahead, touch the stove and see what happens" your money just gets burned.

anyways... seriously, try jujitsu. right now 2 top guys in my class are training(or are going to train): maryland state police & troopers, Orlando police department, orange county police department(in orlando area), and have connections with the some airlines and cruise ship security. they are actually going up to maryland to give the first seminar to their police a couple weeks from now. small circle jujitsu is the best self-defense system out there, no lie. http://www.jujitsuamerica.org/ (they probably have a dojo near you)

"i can see why paul and the others say "go ahead, try it, see what happens" thats like saying "go ahead, touch the stove and see what happens" your money just gets burned."

You're starting to sound like me!

I don't do MA anymore. I know enough to beat 90% of everyone else and the other 10% will take all of my time to train for and I think there are other things in life to worry.

I fought this guy once that completely destroyed me and he never took a MA class or threw a punch in his life. He was a gymnist- rings and horse and bars and stuff like that. His strength was amazing and nothing I had did anything. I thought it was funny that when he did what he liked to do he accomplished 2 things at once but what I did didn't even fully accomplish what I wanted to do. It changes your thinking.

I also know a guy that got in a fight and killed a guy and spent 7 years in prison. He told me he wished he would have just taken the punch or 2 and ran away.

i understand what you're saying, but this has nothing to do with jujitsu. Jujitsu relies on little strength. im weak, but using the technique i learn, i can beat a 200 lb (IN MUSCLE) guy, if he uses strength and not technique. hes in my class but i can easily do the judo throws and pressure points needed for the self defense techniques. also, you can completely control how much you want to hurt the person, and the sensei doesnt teach any killing moves at all. he teaches how to control the person using pressure points and joint manipulation, you can control a huge guy, and choose wether to let them up completely unhurt, or break an arm(if they present a danger to you). if someone attacks with a club or knife or gun, he teaches to slice an area that will not lead to a lethal blood loss, or to hit them with the club or gun. 3 reasons to take jujitsu:
1. Control the person no matter how big and strong they are.
2. Choose to hurt them or not to hurt them, we don't use punches or kicks.
3. The 10% minority might attack you someday, do you want to risk it?

Alright I dont want to turn this into a jujitsu promotion thread, lol. but its worth trying out, you will be impressed if you try it. the class fee where i go is $40/month, and the yearly fee for the national organization is only $20. much cheaper than other arts, even though it works much better.

I'm 260 lbs and the guy I fought was 178 and he won. I could bench 3 of him and he's never touched a weight in his life. He had real strength and I hade laboratory strength (weightroom strength).

You know those arm bars and leg bars and chokes and stuff like that? They only work on fellow "FIGHTERS." They don't work on sheets of steel like gymnists. Trust me. Humble yourself and start taking adult gymnastics classes.

quote:
Originally posted by MarkP4:
I'm 260 lbs and the guy I fought was 178 and he won. I could bench 3 of him and he's never touched a weight in his life. He had real strength and I hade laboratory strength (weightroom strength).

You know those arm bars and leg bars and chokes and stuff like that? They only work on fellow "FIGHTERS." They don't work on sheets of steel like gymnists. Trust me. Humble yourself and start taking adult gymnastics classes.

MarkP4--
This story could relate to all of life--not just a particular field or aspect of it.
Seems like the bigger of the two always make
the most common mistakes. By bigger, I mean those who overestamate themselves:

Schooling does not equal education.

I have seen many a university graduate think they are superior to others because of their schooling just to be brought down by the wisdom of the "uneducated".

Bulk and mass does not equal strenth.
Your experience you told about in the story above tells that.

If a person would just slow down and listen, instead of reacting with over confidance(sp?)
and taking down your gaurd, would'nt a person accomplish more?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved