Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Administrator
Administrator

When you skip the photoreading step are you satisfied with your comprehension of the book? Have you activated a book without sleeping on it... You know you dont have to wait overnight to get the benefit of photoreading the book.

In anycase you need to do what works for you. If you're happy with skimming and speed reading a book in thiry minutes great. I only would like to point out that this information is only in the short term memory. More work is required by the individual to place it into the long term memory. Most likely you find that the information you skimmed through you won't stay in your long term memory. For some things it isn't about speed it boils down to quality and purpose. If I want information out of a book that I can use immediately I can photoread the book in about 3 minutes. Why would I want to spend 30 minutes skimming?

Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Meurphy:

My results are this: When I do the photo reading step I find what I want easly and have bad dreams.

When I skip the photo reading step I finish sooner than if I photo read and I have no nasty night mares.

Hmmmm.... My inner mind is not proccessing like it should??

The information must be there and be getting processed in your inner mind if you get nightmares from it. I think. Maybe. Who knows?

Meurphy Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah, you are right Laura. The information is going into my subconsious it just doesn't seem to be benificail

Meurphy Offline OP
OP Offline

I find this interesting:

(Pete Bissonette wrote):

You see, the conscious mind can only handle seven pieces of information at a time - plus or minus two. This is why telephone numbers are seven digits long - that's all you can easily hold in your conscious mind.

(Oh I am sure that is why phone numbers are seven digits long)

With speed reading, 90 percent of people quit using the techniques within a few months. This has to do with the way it is taught. You are taught to go faster and faster, and the faster you go the more doubts will start to creep in as to whether or not you are getting anything. And with these doubts come tensions and stresses, and who wants that?

( isn't photo reading about doubt and stress?
and is it possible people quit photo reading after a week when they figure it doesn't work?) 'and who wants that?'

With PhotoReading there is no stress; it is a calming, relaxing process. This is the case for two reasons. The first has to do with super learning, accelerated learning. It suggests that if you enter a relaxed state of alertness where you slow down the little voice in the back of your head and relax the body, you will be in an accelerated learning state in which you can learn and process information more optimally. Guess what? When you are in this relaxed state, you can not be stressed. The other reason there is no stress has to do with the fact that you are not worried about whether you are getting anything consciously while PhotoReading because we tell you up front that you won't.

(now if you don't get anything consciously how can you put the information to work? Will this information just sit in the inner mind and be a waste of space??)

There are primarily two ways to activate information: automatically or manually. Automatic activation is when things come to you when you are PhotoReading or after PhotoReading. It is when information just bubbles up. The challenge is that the information comes from the intuitive side of you so it feels as if you are remembering a dream, or a flash of intuition, or a piece of creativity, or a hunch, or as if you may be making it up, or as if you don't know whether it is true or false. So, the more intuitive you are, the better you are with automatic activation.

(how come I haven't felt any bubbling up or inutive feelings or anything like that?)

I think photo reading is all talk

I haven't see or heard anyone say that it actaully works.

If photo reading works does it work the way they advertise??

Meurphy Offline OP
OP Offline

More that Peter wrote:

Hello. My name is Peter Bissonette, president of Learning Strategies Corporation. I am fortunate, because I know how to do something that may cause you to salivate. I can consume vast amounts of printed information with the same ease as drinking water. And, if you are willing, I can easily teach you.

(now isn't that bogus? Consume vast amounts of information at the same ease as drinking water? When I first read this I believed because I know that threre are things in this world that cannot be explained without experiance and now that I have actually bought the course this I know is an advertising gimmic. Why does a course of 8 tapes cost $245 when most of the tape contain a bunch of nonesense long pauses and the sound of the ocean to teach techniques that I could teach in an hour or less. Mind mapping all that garbage. It's rather simple... if it is all that great why don't they sell it for a reasonable price, like as costly as it is to make the tape plus $100 for profits?? say $120 at max...

Portions of what you are about to read will probably seem beyond belief. Let me assure you it is all true. And, if it is true for someone, then maybe it can be true for you. I just ask that you humor me and read this entire letter that begins on the next page if for no other reason than to see what the commotion is about.

(it didn't seem so unbeleivable untill I bought it.)

And you can use PhotoReading on all types of material and on all subjects from gardening to geophysics, philosophy to calculus, computer manuals to the morning newspaper.

(too time consuming to read a newspaper and activate, I will beat you by normal reading and who wants to remove the pleasure in reading every detail instead of having the sense of incompletion and have really no clue what the article was about?)

You will find the benefits of the course to be worth your investment of time and money.

(I have bought the course and have not seen the benefits of the course and not found it to be worth the time or money)

Think and reflect if you can...

Administrator
Administrator

Photoreading reduces the time you spend reading a book to 1/3

My experiment and results
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002346.html

Photoreading a book without activation... the information came up spontaneously http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002377.html

Orignally posted by me 13 September:

After some practice you will also be able to get answers from the book almost immediately.

For example last night my computer failed and I wanted to save my important data. (It failed on a backup) I was unable to access my files through windows so I had to learn DOS quick smart since I never had the opportunity to learn it before. In order to copy some important docs and photos to floppy disc. I found a DOS how to book on my bookshelf. Half way through photoreading it I realised I had found the commands that I needed to search my hard drive and copy the important files. Time taken to Photoread the book 3 minutes. Time taken to rescue my important docs 1 hour. http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002523.html

As Pete wrote originally
So, the more intuitive you are, the better you are with automatic activation.

It would be fair to say if you are not already intuitive it is a skill you would need to develop to have more success with automatic activation.

I am not a skeptic... I don't work for LSC in fact I'm not even in the same country as LSC. I'm an Australian. Like MarkP4 I like to get all the information I can out of a book. Using the system I am getting the information and getting it a whole lot faster than anything else I've tried. I've even posted a book review on the forum. I spent 15 minutes on the book and another 15 minutes deciding how I was going to write the review.

Funny enough I like reading Marks post. He is expressing his point of view and experiences with photoreading. It's hard to prove that photoreading works. Some people never manage to balance a cheque book either. Nor do they manage to learn if you try to teach them That's what makes humans so unique.

Alex

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Meurphy:
(I have bought the course and have not seen the benefits of the course and not found it to be worth the time or money)

Think and reflect if you can...

If that is true then perhaps you should return the course? Why irate yourself if it doesn't work. Move on use what works for you.

Alex

Meurphy Offline OP
OP Offline

Hmm.. interesting

How about an experiment..

Name a book we could both photo read and see what kind of questions we could come up with and how much we can really get out of the book. find questions to the book online or where ever and answer them. See how many we get right. I bet we wont be able to answer questions like.. What color was miss piglets dress on homecoming or stuff like that which are always on those book report questions.

Meurphy Offline OP
OP Offline

I am

a succesful actor, chess master and musician
I don't need photo reading to work for me to have a succesful life.

The idea is great but if it fails to work and is a scam, a waste of poor peoples money and time then I will take action to protect them BY ANY MEANSE POSSIBLE.

The only reason why I even bought this program was to learn my lines effeciantly.
Instead I am spending more time than before trying to learn my lines and it is just not cutting it.

IF THIS IS A SCAM I WILL TAKE IT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND EXPOSE IT.

If it proves to be true then I apolagize for everything.

We live in a world in which people must see to believe.

I am not a person who has to see to believe,

I am a person who has the initail faith but

over time, without results there is no faith

What if I said I would give you a million dollars in Australian notes but you can't spend it or invest it.

That is how I feel about photo reading...

and I also feel it has to come to justice...

remeber the NOPS? hold on to it. you will get what you want soon.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved