Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3182 06/26/01 08:27 PM
maska Offline OP
OP Offline

What exactly does "paraliminal" means? I turned three dictionaries upside down - the word is nowhere to be found?

That's hilarious!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

"Beyond the threshhold of conscious awareness."

The Foundations of Paraliminal Technology, which is a link on the left side in the Paraliminal section will help you better understand how Paraliminals work.

"Para" is the Latin prefix meaning "beyond." "Liminal" refers to the "limen" or "threshold" of conscious awareness.

Perhaps by "turned three dictionaries upside down." she meant that she PhotoRead them and didn't find anything about Paraliminal durring her activation...

would it be possible to photoread a book upside down or back to front and still get the same results??? :-P

quote:
Originally posted by crazy08:
would it be possible to photoread a book upside down or back to front and still get the same results??? :-P

Actually, I find that's the best way for me to photoread. It's unreal enough that my conscious mind gives up and lets my unconscious mind take over. I will typically PR a book upside down/backwards first, and then subsequent times will be 'normal.'

If i'm PhRing to stop for main points, i'll PhR the book right side up. Then when i do it upside down, i will stop when i feel to. I'm always amazed at how much info i'll get in just those few minutes.

Upside down relaxes me more & i just let go and this seems to allow my other than conscious mind to show me where to stop.

The word TREE ain't in the dictionary that came with the Photoreading course either. AIN'T aint either.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

You know, that dictionary in the PhotoReading Personal Learning Course is for playing the dictionary game. The key is some text with the words in alphabetical order so that they are easy to find.

When we were first producing the course, we needed a dictionary that fit in the vinyl album. We could not find one, but we found a dictionary publisher who was willing to publish one to the thickness we needed.

It was a perfect fit.

Then we noticed that many basic words weren't in the dictionary. Words such as "tree."

I called the publisher and asked him what happened. He said to get the dictionary to the thickness we wanted he had to remove words. I why he took out such basic words. He said that they used a computer program to remove every fifth word (or some such interval).

As such, the dictionary is tree-free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved