Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

flutie.... don't let anxiety get to you. Sure you may be working under pressure but negative feeling like anxiety and frustration will make it worse.

In page 124 - 125 of the Photo reading book explains how you can turn this problem around and use it as a spring board to excellence. I suggest you give those 2 pages a look. Everything is explained diagramatically so its easy to understand.

Hope this helps.

adrian

adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm not sure but there is a very fast way to get in state for PR but its not mentioned in the course only in seminars. Does anyone know about it?

What can I do to learn this technique?

Everything that is in the seminars is in the course, to the best of my knowledge. Getting into the accelerated learning state can be done pretty quickly, as quickly as one breath to another, once you have it down. All techniques for getting into this state involve a method of relaxation of some sort. I suggest you practise the 3-2-1 method until you feel comfortable with it. Once you're used to the feeling, you'll be able to enter the accelerated learning state easily. Don't forget your tangerine as well just before you open your eyes to PR.

KWLee

Administrator
Administrator

Adrian,

When you want to photoread thoses unrelated subjects. After doing the 3 to 1 for the very first book, there is no need to do the 'whole' 3 to 1 proceedure for the nexts one, when you follow on immediately.

Specifically, after closing your eyes and stating your sense of mastery for the first book, mentally prepare for the next book (state your purpose) open your eyes with the tangerine in place, do a quick preview to identify your purpose and what you want out of the book spending less than 3 minutes at this. Then to photoread just turn your eyes slightly up... look at at something that is above your horizonal plane of vision (eg a picture on the wall) close your eyes and state your affirmation feel yourself in photofocus and go again with the photoreading. So the time it takes you to get into state again for the next book would be less than 1 minute.

Just remember the closing with mastery for each book and stating your purpose for the next book... your mind will stay closest to the accelerative learning mode and closing your eyes and stating your affirmations triggers it switch on again and you find yourself in full swing for photoreading the next book in quick succession.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited November 08, 2002).]

adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

what would an ideal purpose be. For example if I want to learn all the topics we do in class. is it enough to state:

"I want to learn all the topics we are doing in class and be able to work out problems fluently"

In my case that would be a good purpose because the hardest thing is to apply what you learn to solve different problems. I know practice makes perfect but do you think such a purpose is a valid one.

What about some good closing affirmations?

Thanks for the help

Administrator
Administrator

To me the best closing affirmations are those given on page 51 of the 3rd edition of PhotoReading.

"I want to learn all the topics we are doing in class and be able to work out problems fluently" I think ths is a suitable affirmation... I'd like to offer a couple of minor changes if I may.

Change "I want... " to 'I intend' (has your mother ever said, 'no', when you said I want? Then, I think you can understand the reason I suggest that change.)

Since it for class I am guessing that at some point your knowledge is going to be tested/graded for this I'd like to add... 'to obtain my best passing grade on these topics'.

So the affirmation would be...
"I intend to learn all the topics we are doing in class and be able to work out problems fluently, to obtain my best passing grade on these topics."

Alex

adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

tnaks for the tip. Thats very intersting.

also.. I am maltese and maltese is my natural language although English is my second language. Would it make a difference in which language you say the affirmations?

And do you actually say them aloud or just think about them?

So you thnk the closing affirmations in the book are ok and shouln't add anything?

Administrator
Administrator

Say the affirmations to yourself in your head. Use your mother tongue it is easier and usually feels more comfortable.

Yes the affirmations in the book are fine, you don't need to add anything. You may change them if you think of something that is stronger for you. In that case use the affirmation in the book as a guide to make sure that they remain positive

Alex

adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

I just finished PR 2 books and I am noticing that while PR I can actually see the content of the book and i am able to read words or recognise certain subtitles and diagrams.

I am certain i am in the Photofocus state because I can see the blip page very prominently. Is this normal?

Yes. With practice, the print on the page becomes clear, though for some people, it remains blurred. Since you see the blip, there's no worry about it. Just relax.

KWLee

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved