Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

Hi:

I just recently got interested in all this because I want to improve my life. Deep down I am hoping all this works like photo reading like they say it does. I am really hoping these things really work because I want to be better. Unfortunately there is a lot of programs that are BS and garbage and we could end up wasting a lot of money. I am sorry if I am offending anyone with my skepticism. But I think I am just tired of seeing all the people not get it.

I will say one thing. Generally or almost always there is two sides to every argument. I remember when I worked at State Farm Insurance, I took a Franklin Planner class. One thing they said was that 95% of the people that buy tapes and coures never end up opening it up or using. I remember Tony Robbins saying about how most people never get past a few pages. I have heard about people who buy real estate home study courses and just let it get dust. So, the developers have points that they can defend themselves on unfortunately in most cases.

I am seeing on the web about photoreading. On Amazon.com you have your fair share of people who said they liked the book on Photoreading and others who hated it and there were those that gave it good or Ok and said there were good things about it but you are not going to be able to just flip pages and remember everything and you wont read be able to read 25,000 words a minute. I see people on the internet and this discussion form have trouble after buying the course. So, a lot of people do not grasp photoreading right away. Maybe it works but they have not totally mastered it so it does not work quickly?

I see people asking questions regarding this so may be it makes think that photo reading works but it is not easy at all?

I heard there is a good dissatisfaction rate for people who have tried the Ideal Weight Paraliminal from one of the posts I have read or a number of people returned that tape. There was one that was trying to get the memory optimizer to work after one month of listening to it and one was having trouble with the prosperity tape.

I remember reading about affirmations. Few books would go into why affirmations may not end up working. I heard you have to believe that it will work. 2. you can't look to see if it is working, you have to know it is working. 3. I heard that you have to be in a relaxed state of mind. 4. One book says you have to concentrate on the affirmations.

So, what would you guys say that is required for success in Photo reading, paraliminal tapes and all your programs? What would you guys say is the reason that people do not get results or go far in photo reading or in any of your programs? Is it that it takes like 60 to 90 days for change to take place or for the results to come by?

I realize there are people with gym club memberships that end up not using it. This is absolutely true. So, you guys could end up using that as a point.

So, I am thinking these paraliminals and photoreading is not as easy as it sounds. I remember reading in the reviews on amazon.com about people who could not get it after the seminar and home study course.

If this works so well, why isn't it being taught in every single area in the United States. How come there is not a photoreading center in my area? HOw come all the experts have not started to advocate and teach it in all schools?

30 day money back guarantee seems to be the standard with all the products. Hmm... I am thinking I saw somewhere on this web site that the guarantee could be extended up to 6 months.

If I knew these paraliminal tapes such as prosperity really produced the results. I would order them right now.

I was wondering if I may ask what percentage of people end up returning the course and the paraliminal tapes. Which paraliminal tapes and courses have the highest satisfcation rate and which ones have the lowest?

Have their been studies to prove that Photoreading, Natural Brilliance, Genius code and that Paraliminal tapes really do work?

I am thinking there are a lot of successful people who have lost weight, have good jobs, doing great in school, good personalities, become physically fit, and have good relationships that dont read self improvement books or listen to self improvement tapes. I am thinking if I were to talk to a lot of successful people most would not really be reading self improvement books or tapes or write down their goals? I have heard about people doing visualization and not succeeding.

Now I am not trying to be pessimistic or antagonistic here. But maybe the people at Learning Strategies and people who have used the course can address some of the issuess or give a good answer about these tapes and courses.

I will have to admit I do sometimes think how do I know this company is not just after my money. Or if this is real or bona fide company why are they charging hundreds of dollars to close a thousand dollars for their course.

If I really new these tapes really worked I would be making the orders right now. I would get the other home study course right after I finished the prosperity tape or sales tape.:-)LOL.. That is probably the first tape I will get.

I am going to read and maybe buy the Photoreading book. But maybe I am thinking I probably wont get the techniques down because I would really need a photo reading expert to work with me.

For the seminars, are there any discounts with the repeats? are there any free repeats for the seminars?

I am sorry if I am offending this company or anyone. But I want to only get something that really produces the results in my life. I dont want to waste time any money. I am hoping all this stuff works like they say it does. I would like to be able to go through books and remember everything on the page and stuff like that like they say they do. I would like to have great concentration and be more intuitive and be good at problem solving.

I am still on a search for personal development. I would end up probably buying the Anthony Robbins tape Get the edge if it really worked. It says it can help you change in seven days. I heard with these paraliminal tapes it could be a day.

sjaykum1

I'm not going to defend the LSC. And I'm willing the bet that LSC staff aren't going to respond to ALL of you requests. Your's is not the first post of skepticism I've seen.

Why don't people get the systems right-away? If I knew that, and how to teach them how to get it quickly then I'd won't need the prosperity tape. I have some idea why, and they are in the threads throughout the forum.

Does it work. I believe it does. The word believe is readily interpreted to mean that I don't have it working to my expectations (yet).

I will say that I have read books that would have taken me 20 to 30 hours in about an hour or two. Now my recall is not as good as if I had spent 20 to 30 hours. However, for these books I feel I have all the information that the books have to offer me.

My advice to anyone that is skeptical is by the book. Since I suspect, as you've noted, that most people who don't get the systems to work for them don't put enough effort into them. This way if you are going to put the effort into it, then the little extra effort of reading the book as opposed to listening to the tapes is trivial. If you aren't going to put the effort into it then you've waste a much smaller amount of money.

Why do the systems cost so much? Well they are running a business, and they have their own needs and goals. I've never heard anyone say that all the people at LSC are independently wealthy and altruistic. I've also not (well hardly ever) heard LSC accused of beind dumb. These people understand business, and if they felt they could sell enough of the system for less (and probably make more money) then they word.

I know this isn't satisfying, but well I doubt there is an answer that will satisfy you. It's not you personally, it's just the nature of the problem.

Oh where's Michael, he'd have a good quote at the tip of his tongue. How's this. The universe rewards action with a reaction. Okay too cryptic. More Michael like... the fullness of life is experienced in the adventure of meeting challenge, and without challenge life is dull (see Beyond Human forum for a better version).

My experience:

If you do not think you are worth it, you can start on as many new projects you want ... and be optimistic about it too ... but sooner or later that deep-down program that says you cannot succeed because you just arenīt good enough ( or any similar programs) will kick in ... and you will fail. NO MATTER how well the new project is!

-again and again-
while others succeed.

If you keep feeling you are being conned ... step back into yourself and ask why this happens to you.

What is your worldview? Is there a difference on how you want it to be and how it is?? Ask yourself what kind of inner program might produce such a difference.
Maybe you will find the answer within, instead of on the "outside" ...

Again; this is my experience; my own worldview, so maybe it does not apply to anyone else.

But I find it empowering to know it might only be *me* that is in the way, instead of being busy blaming the programs. Because I can do something about *me*

And I might discover I have chosen the wrong program for myself just to put myself up to failing. ( Or I do not follow the instructions for the same reason.)

With a better self-worth and belief-system
(whatever) I find it is easier to pick what is right for myself.

Lately I have chosen much more wisely than in the old days.

Sometimes I follow a program because I like the challenge ( or for kicks ) and it gives an opportunity to exchange info with likeminded, other times I follow my own heart.

But I do not feel I *need* the programs/tapes/books anymore

Laughing-heart

Administrator
Administrator

Every self help techniques works to the degree you want it to. If you're looking for a magic pill then you'll never find the system that works for you.

You really need to feel right about a course before you even try it. If you harbour as many doubts as you do about the effectiveness of courses and tapes offered by LSC and other reputable companies then save your money. It helps if you at least really want to try the tapes to see if they work for you. If you want guarantees that they will work for you without a doubt... sorry that's not possible... the only guarantees that comes with life is that the will eventually be death (and taxes) Other than that it's what you decide to do how might time you want to spend on the elusive hunt for the perfect technique to get to were you want to go.

Or if you've decided you've had enough hunting for the one perfect answer and are willing to take up some of these companies on their guarantees and start testing to see what works for you and what doesn't. Like taking the first swim in summer the water is usually a bit cool... can sit on the sidelines watching everyone else take a splash (some will come out quickly cause the waters too cold for them) or you can test it for yourself.

I think that this forum alone is evidence that LSC stands behind the products they sell. You get to see the highs and the lows that people experience and you also see that there is considerable support to help you over the hurdles... if you are skeptical about their products - excellent. Now you are free to test them yourself from your point of view if you are willing to risk some effort on your part to let them work for you.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited December 20, 2002).]

Administrator
Administrator

I thought I should add. I've been burned by companies that offered 30 day guarantees on their product. LSC does mail out your order the next business day at the latest and I have always received my airmail packages within 10 days. (that says a lot I assure you) Since they usually start from the purchase date by the time it arrives I've been lucky if I even had a day or 2 left for the guarantee period. So it a very hit or miss thing when buying stuff from overseas. (I'm in Australia).

What finally sold me on the Photoreading course was the fact that
1. they had been around for 20 years
2. Photoreading has been taught by them since 1987
3. I could check up on them on the better business bureau.

I didn't at the time but it was a little more reassuring.

In the end I just trusted my gut decided its only money afterall.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited December 20, 2002).]

Hi. I was just looking through your website.

quote:
From sjaykum1's website:
I heard of Toastmaster's during my first or second year of college. I was interested in public speaking. I took two public speaking classes in college. For one semester I did participate in Toastmaster's International.

A lot of successful people like Harvey Mackay seem to recommend it highly. There are a lot of success coaches and business professionals that recommend it.

Well, Harvey Mackay said something about photoreading as well.

From the back cover of the Photoreading book (3rd edition):

quote:

If time is money, and reading takes time, then I heartily recommend saving money and time with this brilliant guide. For those of us in the fast lane, the PhotoReading Whole Mind System isn't a luxury, it's a necessity."

Harvey Mackay, best selling author of Swim with the Sharks without being Eaten Alive and Beware of the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt

KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited December 20, 2002).]

x Offline

I understand where you are coming from. caveat emptor.

I have found PR to be an effective studying tool for my purposes. But if you don't use your discipline and perseverance to learn the system fully, it won't help you. It would be nice to pull out a credit card and order a box full of Brand X that will solve all your problems but alas, life is not that way. You have to put in work to see results.

I have a feeling that the 90% of people who don't make the system work for them also don't put in their full effort for an extended period of time. I myself didn't get the system to work until the 7th month but it works fine for me now.

Don't worry about how popular PR is or how many 'experts' endorse it. It doesn't matter if PR works for them if it doesn't work for you. And they can't decide that for you anyway.

Edward deBono, Tony Buzan, JeanMarie Stine, Shiela Ostrander, Wim Wenger, and other mindscience experts all teach similar techniques to what Paul Scheele outlines in PR and Natural Brilliance. If you're dead set against buying PR but still want to learn to access your brainpower, keyword search these authors and find what you can on the net for free.

30 day money back guarantee is pretty much standard with many products and I see nothing wrong with LSC offering that. They could give PR away but then Paul would go broke. Mass producing materials is expensive. And Paul did spend 20+ years of his life learning what he shares with us, plus he really is onto something powerful, so he's due some form of compensation.

OP Offline

KWLee, I cant disagree with the Toastmasters thing. I created that web site from beginning web development class. Are you in Toastmasters?

X, you seem to understand. So, from your reply it seems it takes a long time to master or learn photo reading? It takes constant and consistant practice? Did you by any chance go to the seminar for photo reading? I am thinking if I do get more interested in photo reading that I would definately go to the seminar just to see if it would speed up the learning process.

I am definately going to keep an open mind for an opportunity to get better.

sjaykum1

To me it does work!
i had a hard time in the first month, because I learned by the book ( Second edition in Portuguese-Brasil), so itīs harder.
But After that month I started having pretty good fun with it. Itīs worderfull to read a lot of things that before you hadnīt time but now you can read all, and more.
I Always had a problem in reading textbooks,magazines and book.
And after Photored it I can understand it very well.
If you buy the course, donīt give up by simple failures but learn with then.
I remenber the difficult to get the blip-page, a thing that is quite easy, but in the book wasnīt so clear about it.
But with the book(or the course) and the forum you can develop and solve the problems with the PRing.
Hope it helped
Komplicado

OP Offline

So, Komplicado, you did not get the tape course or go to the seminar?

sjaykum1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved