Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kaiden Offline OP
OP Offline

The "PhotoReading Activator." It's a tape given to participants of the PhotoReading Seminar. I was able to obtain one due to a limited-time promotion for people with the home-study course. Personally, I believe the tape is misleading in title. I would have called it the "PhotoReading Supercharger." It doesn't actually "activate" PhotoRead materials, but it does "activate" your use of the skills. There's really no "magic bullet" for spontaneous activation, but I have been able to do it with multiple books.

Strangely enough, PhotoReading 16 books on ethics and morality caused me to spontaneously activate just about all of them during a conversation with my girlfriend. We started talking about the subject, and I gathered enough information from her probing of my mind to write the chapter without doing any formal activation at all. Otherwise, it would take me about 8 hours to syntopically activate all of them.

Hi, Kaiden et al!
I remember back in 2003, when i was still in the submarine Navy, I was on duty one day. It was after i had read this thread and talked to Kaiden online about his progress with his da Vinci persona.
I wanted to give it a go, and the only book i had was Thomas Harris' "Hannibal". So I PR'd it with the purpose/intent of activating a Lecter persona.
What followed was interesting. About 2 hours later, I was lying down in my bunk, trying to go to sleep. As I drifted into hypnagogia, I heard "Hello, Bill".
Naturally, I woke up quite rapidly :-)
I said "who's that?"
I heard "mentally", "It's me, Bill".
It was, of course, the voice of Anthony Hopkins, not Brian Cox. Although Brian Cox did a fairly decent rendition of Lecter. His was the first performance also.
Over the course of the next few days, I mentally conversed with Dr. Lecter. I call him that, because a couple of times, when i was "calling" him to talk, I said "Hannibal, are you there?"
He would only answer to "Dr. Lecter", strangely enough.
Another day, sitting at home, i was working on a "Cryptogram" puzzle. I go through spurts of working on those until i get bored with it and need a break.
Anyway, I gt stuck on a three-letter combination, that I could not figure out what it was, and make it fit into the rest of the puzzle.
I closed my eyes, and mentally said , "Dr. Lecter, I could really use your help on this one."
I heard "OK".
I opened my eyes, and on the paper, in place of the three-letter combination i had looked at previously, I SAW THE ACTUAL WORD THAT WAS TO BE THERE, DECIPHERED. This only lasted for about half a second, but I wrote it down, and IT WAS RIGHT!
I know...I know... you're thinking, "it's ok as long as you don't let Lecter photoread any cookbooks.", but I haven't "spoken" with that persona in about 2 years now".
It is an interesting proof-of-principle nonetheless.
I've been toying with the idea of doing this again, with someone else this time.
any thoughts!?!?
BILL PERRY

Oh, wow! This 2 year old thread has spiked up my interest in doing more with photoreading - again. I have gone to the weekend workshop but have done little since then when it comes to practise and develop further skills. I'll definitely start photoreading some books and activating them on a weekly basis. Talking about Voyager brings back some good memories.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved