Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by ploppsdman:
do it for me and give me the success? testify!!!

No one can do it for you... No one can make someone else's goals

You need to make a goal... your own goal.

Great you didn't get the trolly pushing job... it's the universes way of saying raise your aspirations.

If you don't have a career goal find one. Talk to a career advisor or counsellor. Life doesn't come to you you have to go after it and if you want to sit there and feel sorry for yourself that is your choice.

Make a list of the movies that inspire you and decide what it is about them that inspires you... same for a list of books then people read some autobiographies if you have to.

If you best goal was to be a trolly pusher and the universe said no then climb up the ladder.

The only job you will find were you can start at the top is ... digging a hole.

Alex

Dude, I am a former loser. I am 23 years old with a bit more experience than some of these other guys.

No one can make an outside change and hopefully bring the change on the inside. The change comes from the inside, the heart, (which starts with the desire which you already have) and then does an outward spiral and affects the rest of your life.

I had no direction, and my interests were the same, chicks, and booze, or the three b's if you know what I mean, then the change happened. May I suggest religion.....that is what did it for me. Then I traveled, lived in Brazil for two years, and now I'm a happy man with a successful job, hot Brazilian wife, and the whole package.

What do you say? You have to be willing to sacrifice, and get rid of the mind altering substances.
Laterz

Unfortuanately, I don't think it's often that you can just "choose" religion and wha la! The problem is solved. Most of the time its a dawning on your conscience that has bubbled up from the depths of your inner mind and its thoughts.

You can't just say, "I think it would help if I became a Jew." Hehe.

That's true. I never stated that once deciding to accept a religion all of the problems would melt away. As cleary specified on my post, the change comes from within, and will slowly work itself to other aspects of life. I simply stated that religion is a helpmate to this process, if it wasn't religion would not be such a force in the world.

I speak from my own experience, and experience at times is the best teacher.

Now you've got me thinking about women... I read on the forum about a guy taking an actuarial exam and upon further investigation I found that it's the job for me. I love math and that's what it's all about. I'm starting school in the fall as a math major in hopes of becoming an actuary.

OP Offline

i had a different reply, but its not what i want to read. ive been through all of this before with counselors, and friends, and my parents. these things never lead anywhere. ive made lists, ive tried to live the examined life, but ive learned nothing from it other than the universe doesnt talk.

quote:
i had a different reply, but its not what i want to read.

So what is it you want to hear? That it's okay for you to lose out? If that's what you want to hear, I don't mind telling you: It's okay to fail, it's okay that your life is a mess, it's okay that you don't want to make a move. I'm not being sarcastic. It really is okay. It's very okay. It's your life. You own it, no one else.

But just in case you're sick of living a life like that, you might want to take an inventory of what you're doing. Because as long as you do it the same way, you're going to get the same results. Change takes some effort. So far, you've had some good suggestions, but you seem to think they're not good enough for you. That's fine. You know what's best for you. So why don't you take stock yourself and decide what you can do?

quote:
ive been through all of this before with counselors, and friends, and my parents. these things never lead anywhere. ive made lists, ive tried to live the examined life,

Yes, but have you been through all of this with yourself? No, I don't mean your feelings. What are you actually doing? If you don't know, okay, then it might be a good time to find out what's good for you, don't you think? I know it's easy for us as third persons to say that, but you need to get moving. It doesn't matter what we say. In the end, the ball is in your court. We can't hit it for you, only suggest how you might hit it. In the end, you're hitting it...or are you going to let it hit you?

quote:
but ive learned nothing from it other than the universe doesnt talk.

Oh? And what do you think we've been doing? From the number of posts in this thread, I'd say the universe has been talking a lot, only you haven't necessarily been listening. Again, it's fine to do that. It's your call. You can do what you like.

I apologise if I sounded a little harsh, but I felt you needed to hear that.

KWLee

I agree with KWLee.

my suggestion ..

Stop calling yourself a loser.

In other words, how you talk to yourself is how you perceive yourself. If you change the way you talk to yourself, then your perception of yourself will change and you will begin to see things differently. What you do from there is up to you ... sky's the limit.

Tracey

Hey,

I have a story for you...

I felt much the same you do...Im 24, had jobs that never went anywhere(more rejections than I can count)...bad relationships...and what more I always thought that I was too old to start over.

A book that might help is "awakening the giant within" by tony robbins....it helped me...

Im not quite there yet, but there is hope.

Ive just got myself into uni...my first choice university too. Im planning on starting my own career...childrens education. and for the first time in a long time there is light at the end of the tunnel. (and no its not a train).

If you want to email me, your welcome to...perhaps we can help each other. it gets hard sometimes. but it can get better.

Oh and Im looking forward to learning photoreading

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved