Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Astrowill. I'm not depressed...was but I'm not now. I'm not as happy and cheery as I once was, but I'm getting better everyday (well most days). Now, that I'm mostly through the bad time, I'm greatful for it. Your right I wouldn't have learned so many things if I hadn't needed more than I already had.

PR is not the cure for my depression. Many many things went into my regaining positive energy and out-look. Some of it was recognizing I had lost some of the beliefs I held when things were going great. I've worked on re-establishing those beliefs, and figuring out how to deal with the issues in my life. Each one requires it's own solution.
I'm still learn something useful almost everyday. A useful idea occurred to me while writing this post.

Happiness to all,
Iam2

Oh yeah, Astro if you want to stop being lazy, then decide to stop being lazy. Hoping is a waste of time and energy.

What, Why and How your laziness.
What lazy activitiess to you want to get rid of?
What do you consider being lazy?
What makes you feel like you're lazy?
What do you want to do instead? Not what do you think you should do.

Why do you want to be something other than lazy?
Why is being lazy bad (bad for you | bad for others | bad for your selfesteem | bad for you bank account| ...)?

How are you going to stop yourself from doing those things you call lazy? Some of the what questions will help. Figure out what you do, when you do it, why you're doing it, and develop a strategy that will Enable you to do want you presumable Want to do.

Understand you ?problem? and solve it. Deciding is not enough by itself. If you can come up with a good enough reason why, then you will move a mountain (or your lazy butt).

Just some words form an older guy,
Iam2

OP Offline

Kaiden: i'm glad that you failed and decided that suicide wasnt for you. id consider that a success if i did that. what absurd purpose did you fashion from that? what was the meaning of life that you found out there?

i love burritos!

it would be damn near impossible for anyone to resist a free girl-bought burrito. and even if you could, would you want to? a great burrito from an ugly girl is still a great burrito. especially at night. (im thinking of a pizza/sex analogy, unnecessarily. its not applicable).

if anyone is looking for reassurance from life, go to el palmar in chicago (irving park/sheffield). they sell it in steak burrito form for $4. ask for extra red sauce. its open 24-hours from what i recall.

strange, but i had a history session with myself today. there were no wars or great depressions that i found needing mending, though.

school is possible, but out-of-state tuition is out of my financial state. does anyoen know of an inexpensive/good out-of-state tuition school (that doesnt seem like good grammer)? the university of washington use to have a nice loophole, but that was cemented in, starting in fall, '03.

id like to be a doctor, and an engineer, and a lawyer, but i dont have the brain for it. thats so much frustration right there.

the irony of it is: i dont want to be a doctor/engineer/lawyer. i hate math, science, and the law, but im ****ed off that i couldnt do it even if i wanted to. its the same way with girls. i usually like the ones who are deeply involved, which means im not screwed, but i am, i.e. im buying my own burritos. (definite pizza, or in this case burrito, analogy here)

stupid way to think/act.

astro: you feel as though you did great on the GED! if you go to usc, that will be amazing. get involved in alot of clubs, play alot of sports, go to alot of parties.

oh yeah, read a little, too.

as far as laziness goes, im an expert on that. laziness kicks my ass when: a.) i dont see any reason in doing something, ie there's little hope that ill get what i want because someone will say no, or wont be home, or .. whatever b.) when i think the job will be too hard and not worth the reward.

how do i overcome that? well, usually i dont.

on the rare occasions that i do, this is the most important thing: ACTION. dont think. just do. whenever i dont think about what might happen/could happen/wont happen, i get done what i need to (mail this out, apply for this job, do this assignment, tell this girl her do-rag is unsettling, etc).

i am going to do this _____ today. and then do it. as soon as i think about all the details, im playing hockey, or video games, or sleeping.

i read "the sorrows of young werther" a few days ago. add that to the list. a few things i felt: 1. did i write this? is this my mind and not werther's/goethe's 2. will my life end the same way?

[This message has been edited by ploppsdman (edited January 25, 2003).]

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved