Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35046 02/18/03 02:18 AM
Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

having trouble with following one pattern of zipping through text.
I want my neural network to be accustomed and use to a certain method, but everytime it seems like a different method works.

i guess it really doesnt matter does it?
i find speed reading, going straight across helpful then going straight down.
Maybe it is a little of both.

Does it matter if u interchange between the different methods of speedreading eg. zigzagging, straight across,etc. in collaboration with running ur finger down through text?

I start by regular-reading the first page, skittering the next, and then using Super-Reading and Dipping for the rest. Occasionally I'll drop into a skitter pattern (usually involves drawning an Infinity loop over a paragraph with my eyes) for a few pages. Sometimes I'll drop into a very long dip, but usually that's because something has just tripped a Mind-Probe question, and here the answer is right now. E.g., "what causes equilibria" was a mind probe question for "Reinventing Dawrin." I regular read pages 78-81 because the heading of that section was, "what causes stasis?"

If I activate without going much for purpose, it gets a bit boring, but I do find one anyway. When I did Aeneid, I would dip into ever reference of Hecate, directly or indirectly, and perhaps skitter other things. It's the only thing I actually cared about, although I profess an interest in Cultural Literacy.

Administrator
Administrator

Stay flexible and use what works best for you. In time you'll find a favourite technique. Ultimately it will be one you created yourslef.

Alex

I zipped for Dracula, regular read. It works fine, you zoom in on all the important stuff.

Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks everyone

Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

i am still having trouble with comprehesion though ( although not with Humanities material)

is it easier when you PR more chapters or material because it focuses u to think more abstractly?

Administrator
Administrator

An easy answer for that one. You need to have patience with yourself. Check out the PR book on page 124 and 125. What Paul wrote about learning PhotoReading applies to all learning. In particular the first paragraph on page 125.

quote:
My suggestion is simple: love it all. No matter...

I'll leave you to look in the book for the rest as those to pages have valuable information about how to handle the learning (or comprehension) curve.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited February 17, 2003).]

Rflow21 Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved