Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31 04/24/02 05:56 AM
OP Offline

This sounds really promising, but I have a few questions. For background, I am a freshman in college, with finals coming in two weeks. I also play tennis and practice martial arts. I am interested in becoming a better photoreader, student, athlete and artist.
As for the questions:
1. Will I have sufficient time with this system for it to help me on my final exams? What is a typical rate of progress? Measured by IQ, what kind of jumps have you seen in people?
2. How could this system benefit me in tennis? You actually mentioned tennis in the ad.
3. Is lucid dreaming taught as a part of this course? I've never experienced it before, but it sounds like fun. I want to dream about playing a tennis match with Anna Kournikova;-)

Thanks, I can't wait to hear about some sucess stories and share my own.

[This message has been edited by tylerhasselhoff (edited April 24, 2002).]

#32 04/24/02 09:49 AM
Mtt Offline

Hey Tyler,

Is the same guy who reviewed Sonnon's Fisticuffs series on the Dragondoor forum? Just wondering. Is Sonnon's 'Flow State Performance Spiral' material applicable to learning as well as martial arts? Thanks man!!!

#33 04/24/02 10:02 AM
Mtt Offline

Tyler,

You also mentioned on the AmerROSS forum that FLPS uses some similar strategies as PhotoReading when it comes to changing states. I'm just curious about the similarity.

#34 04/24/02 04:31 PM
OP Offline

Hey Mtt,
Yeah, I'm the guy. There are quite a few similarities between Photoreading and the Flow State Performance Spiral tapes. For example, Scott Sonnon talks about pre-conscious processing as one method of vastly improving your speed in combat. Similar to photoreading, instead of narrowly focusing upon your upon, you use soft-eyes, which opens you up to an incredible amount of information. However, at the pre-conscious level you process it much faster, so you get the illusion of being faster than your opponent. Scott calls it the Time Warp.
Another important aspect of the Flow State is staying calm and being being indistractible (sp?). This is similar to being in the Ideal State, because your focus is broad and external.
Scott also talks about integrating your breathing, structure and alignment to stay in the Flow State. He also talks about manipulating people so that they fall into the Vortex, or Downward Performance Spiral.
I'd be happy to answer any further questions, and I would recommend these tapes to anyone here on this forum. They apply to athletes and people of all sorts, not just martial artists.
They are done by 2x world Sambo champion Scott Sonnon, and they are available at http://www.amerross.com/fisticuffs.html

There is an audio cassete which is cheaper than the tapes. I think the tapes are easier to understand, but the audio tape is excellent and not too expensive.
Don't hesitate to ask more questions.
Tyler

#35 04/24/02 04:42 PM
Mtt Offline

Thanks for taking the time for the description. I have the Grappler's Toolbox and looking to buy more tapes from AmerROSS.

Are the strategies in FSPS easy to learn and apply?

I'm having trouble with learning PR at the moment and will look for any resources which might help.

Thank you again

#36 04/24/02 04:49 PM
OP Offline

I've been applying the strategies to tennis with some success. I have not had the chance to apply them in the ring, but hopefully I will this summer. I will actually have a chance to work with Scott, so it should be very interesting.
I would say that the concepts are easy to understand, but you have to be somewhat experienced to master them. For example, you have to be somewhat tempered to taking blows in order to stay calm when a flurry of punches is coming at you.
Keep working on the Photoreading. I'm still not quite there yet, but I'm getting much better. I wonder if Genius Code will get me "there" quicker?

#37 04/25/02 05:04 AM
Mtt Offline

Dude, I can't believe you'll meet Sonnon. His materials and writing are inspiring and fascinating.

Thanks again

PS Have you got SHOCK-Ability? I've decided to get SHOCK-Ability, Fisticuffs, Immovable Object Unstoppable Force and Arthrokinetics all next very soon. That means working more shifts so that I'll have enough money.

I wonder if Genius Code will help me learn all these things better. Hmmm....

#38 04/26/02 06:42 AM
OP Offline

Yeah, I'll be meeting Sonnon probably in a few weeks, and hopefully working out with him throughout the summer.
I had a few more insights on ROSS and Learning Strategies corp.
1. LSC focuses on allowing one to reclaim his natural ability to learn. ROSS teaches you to reclaim your natural movement, breathing, and fighting ability.
2. LSC and ROSS both take advantage of pre-conscious processing to allow for rapid processing of sensory inputs.
3. ROSS is not a style of martial arts with set movements or patterns. It is a SYSTEM based upon harnessing your natural instincts, insights, and inclinations. The PR Whole Mind System is about harnessing your natural ability to learn through a flexible SYSTEM. Nothing is set in either, you establish your methods through practice.
4. Enthusiasm and a positive attitude are important in both PR and ROSS. They say "it isn't ROSS if you're not laughing." It is much more playful than traditional MA.
5. A relaxed state of alertness is emphasized in both systems. PR and ROSS are two different applications of Flow State Performance.
6. Explore the materials and FIND YOUR OWN insights and connections between ROSS and PRWMS, THIS is what it is all about.

Keep in mind that I'm still a beginner in both systems, so forgive me if I am making some mistakes. My ability to recover from my mistakes is the ultimate determinant of my progress. Hey, another connection!!
Mtt, enjoy your new videos, I don't have IOUF, Shock-Ability or Arthrokinetics. So I hope you enjoy them.
I'm going to let Scott know about this thread. Maybe he'll weigh in. Be sure to check out his forum and read through the archives, it's a treasure trove of great info. www.amerross.com/discus

Mtt, send me an e-mail at hasstr@whitman.edu and anyone else who is interested in ROSS products.

[This message has been edited by tylerhasselhoff (edited April 26, 2002).]

#39 04/26/02 07:18 PM
OP Offline

Hey I just wanted to pass on a little message from Scott Sonnon!
He writes:
Dear LSC friends,
From what Tyler tells me LSC and ROSS go together like Mind and Body.
Keep up the intensity!
Fraternal,
Scott Sonnon

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved