Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#37240 06/20/03 11:51 AM
OP Offline

Hi, i have read all the photoreading core book, and i'm going to learn pr BUT:

I've found on the web a report from NASA (is that true? don't know), which say that pr doesn't work, now, is there anybody who read that article?

The basic idea is that "you don't learn the thing written in the book" but "you think you have learnt it".

I'm always asking how a paraliminal tapes could improve your reading speed, and i hope the solution is not the one of pr's. :/

Hope you understand what i'm saying, sorry for my english, but i'm italian :P

HI!!

Administrator
Administrator

If you have got the article referred to as a NASA report you will notice one thing that the person learning the photoreading technique (the test subject) was also the the 'scientist' conducting the experiment. Also in scientific terms one test does not provide conclusive evidence.

Paraliminal tapes don't help you improve your reading speed. The Photoreading whole mind system is about a different method of reading.

If you want to conduct a fair test yourself you can order the course and try it and if it doesn't work for you take up the money back guarantee.

Alex

=) OR get the book, be a little more scientific to stretch your abilities.

OP Offline

Thank you for your reply.

I've already got and read the book, i don't have the full course with the tape because it doesn't exist in my language!

I've found some paraliminal tapes called "double your speed reading in 10 minutes". (some of those are made by Paul Scheele), there are a lot of these tapes..

If you want, i can upload the article, so we can read all together!

Hi!!

People have used PhotoReading to earn advanced degrees. I would have to say that's a more objective test then one guy doing this on his own and trying to convince us by putting "NASA" on it.

Where is that article located at? I would like to read it. I am convinced by all the success I have had, that it works.

learn from your own experiences.Afterall it's your mind and your own experience that counts.If it works for you then fine.Personally I judge things I myself when it deals with my own mind.If someones reviewing a car then fine it's the car but I think you can only experience your own mind yourself.

=) Thanks Kaiden.

Hi all,
As I was surfing on the web, looking for ways to speedup my learning I stumbled on an article from NASA saying that photoreading doesn's work.

But before I'll ask my question, let me tell me abit about myself. I'm a med. student, 22 yrs old, and I followed the Photoreadingcourse 2 yrs ago (in 2002) here in Holland. My Trainer was Nick van den IJssel. There office was in Breda. I say was, becouse there out off buisness.

So, as I know, at least a bit, what photoreading is. I wonder why not go to NASA or any other govermentorganisation, and have them test the trainers of LSC?? If the result is positive there wouldn't be any better commercial that that right?? I know for instance that a program called Reader's Edge uses NASA to promote there software.

Oh by the way, the photoreadingcourse i followed also contained speedreadingexercieses which i still use, the photoreadingstep just doesn't work for me. I almost had to drop out of school after using photoreading for my tests (sorry for this last negative fact)

But LSC, keep up the good work, couse I'm convinced that your goal is nobel.

sincerly,

Rudger (a Dutch trainee)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved