Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38776 10/04/03 10:06 AM
OP Offline

Hi every body.
Have you heard of Lu Xun, Qian Zhongshu and Ji Xiaolan?They are famous writer.
They have good memory.They can PhotoRemember.
I think it must be the right brain.They also read very fast ,"10 line once"
Who know why?
I think Paul Scheel should do some research on this project.

#38777 10/13/03 10:20 PM
Administrator
Administrator

I have not heard of their work. Do you know if it is translated into English or where we might learn more?

We have a great memory course as well in case you have not seen it, called Memory Optimizer featuring the work of an amazing thinker and author from Munich, Germany named Vera F. Birkenbihl.

#38778 10/14/03 12:00 PM
OP Offline

Paul Scheel
Nice to see you! I have been waiting for you for a long time.
They are Chinese famous writers.Mybe you have heard of Qian Zhongshu.He write a book called Wei Chen.I don't konw the English name of the book.The book name means we are surrounded ny the wall.He also famous for his perfect memory. He can remember all the informations that he had read once. So many foreign journalists want to interview him,but was refuced So maybe you can do some research on this.
Oh I can' find any English book about him,my English is so poor.Mybe I'll ask some of my friends in U.S. for help.
Could I ask you some other questions ?
I have do all you said in the book.(Chinese Edition.)My most difficult thing is activation.After I Photoreading the book or article, then a short rest, I began to activat the book.I activat the book with 4 questions,find the answers , another 4.Then I do the Mindmap.(I can do this without the book, I can remember enough thing s that I need to do the mindmap.)I think do all the things right. But I didn't find any special things except the speed.I think I also need the memory and comprehension.
I wonder if there is a sign that show me I do it right.

#38779 10/14/03 02:22 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Learner..

I very important part of remembering is review. If you don't take the time to review you will forget the information.

Research show that people who review remember more.

some research data.

After 7 days the amount remembered by students who don't review is 33% (67% is forgotten).

After 63 days the amount remembered is only 14% (86% forgotten)

Those that reviewed after 7 days remembered 83%
After 63 days 70%

Another way of helping yourself to remember is to work in short blocks of time 30 to 45 minues and then take a break of 5 to 10 minutes well away from the work area. Then another block of 30 to 45 minutes and again a break (little longer is recommended).

The reason for this; the mind tends to remember best what it learn at the end and at the start and one or two items in the middle. So there is no point in learning 10 things in the middle if it's only going to remember 2 of them.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved