Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#38941 10/19/03 05:05 AM
LG Offline OP
OP Offline

i had heard many way to concentrate and relax,but when i was photoreading,how can i focus on so many thing?i need to focus on my deeply breath,i need to focus on the word i was saying in my mind,i need to focus on the white boarders and white space of the page,i need to focus on the blip...im so busy,Could some tell me how to deal with it?please!

#38942 10/19/03 05:35 AM

If you were to put conscious attention to all of those things throughout the process PhotoReading a whole book, I can see how you'd feel too "busy!" But with PhotoReading, remember, conscious effort and attention is not always the most important part.

You need to be aware -- aim to stay calm, relaxed, breathing deeply, and keep your eyes in the PhotoFocus state. The tangerine technique is one way to cue subconscious to perform all the steps automatically, and it works with a bit of practice. At this point you you'll just have to "get into the state" and diverge your eyes when you start, and practice will have taught your mind to unconsciously and effortlessly maintain that without without such noticable effort as you seem to be torturing yourself with now.

The PhotoReading book only says that you ought to say relax, 1, 2, 3 if it helps you to do so, and in your case it sounds like it's making you nervous and making relaxed concentration much more difficult than it needs to be. If you take a few shallow breaths or your attention wanders for a second, it won't kill you -- just make sure you get in the habit of correcting yourself gently when you notice yourself wandering.

Maintain the state and flip the pages. That's all you really need. Practice makes perfect, and that's what I'm working on right now after all! I've only PhotoRead a few times, but the focus at least now comes natural to me, probably helped my a Silva-style mind relaxation technique. Hope that's somewhat helpful to you! PhotoRead the world away!

-Cameron

#38943 10/19/03 07:48 AM
Administrator
Administrator

The only thing you really need to concentrate on is the chant and keeping a steady rhythm whenpage turning. Everything else you just notice. It's good to have things to notice so that when your mind wanders you just bring it back and notice the patterns of the white. If you feel tense then you just notice how you're breathing and lightly change that.

Like riding a bike you prepare yourself, climb onto the set, point it in the direction you want to go and then just peddle to your destination, from time to time you check your breathing (too hard slow down relax some too relaxed up the effort a bit). So with photoreading it's much the same thing. You forget about it while you're doing it but check in from time to time that it's still there.

Alex

#38944 10/19/03 12:20 PM

Use the Poodle Technique. It will aid greatly in focusing your attention.

#38945 10/21/03 04:28 AM
LG Offline OP
OP Offline

Kaiden,what is Poodle Technique,how to use it?sorry,i had never heared that,are you making joke?

#38946 10/21/03 08:02 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Yes that is a joke. He relates it to the tangerine technique.

Alex

#38947 10/22/03 05:20 AM
LG Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex, i find kaiden is making rough joke,like her reply in the topic "Can a blip page get too big ?!"

#38948 10/22/03 06:57 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Yes (he) Kaiden is making a joke there too.

Alex

#38949 10/22/03 01:39 PM

It seems like a lot, but most of it you just do it and move on.

Alexk is right. The systems says to do the chant. Everything else is just happening.

I've been teaching my daughter four things she needs to do to get into state. Lately I've been trying to teach her to notice when she is out of state, and which of the four things she needs to return to. The same applies with PRing (okay, I've taken the ideas from the LSC material).

You just stay in Photo-Focus (or notice the white pattern both pages), relax, and don't let your mind wander too much.

When I started, I would put "relax" in my chant. The first few times I'd say it I could feel muscles relaxing. This is from someone that almost falls asleep when listening to Paul get you into the relaxed state.

One thing a fair number of beginners seem to think, is that you have to be aware of the tangerine all the time. NO. Just spend a few seconds experiencing it up there, then move on. If you feel the need to use it again, then go ahead. I've put the tangerine back up there while flipping, I only takes a second or two. I don't stop, I don't worry about it, I just do it because the idea came to me. It doesn't happen very often.

The idea is that you get into state using all those things of which you think you have to be conscious. Once you get there, then you use the system. Photo-focus and rhymthic page turning and you'll stay there. Rhymthmic page turning isn't so key as relaxed page turning. I get stumble on page turning sometimes, but I just go with it, and so stay in state.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#38950 10/22/03 07:46 PM

I thought you were supposed to flip, not turn, Iam2...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved