Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

I just received my PhotoReading Personal Learning Course on Friday and I am officially starting the course today (though I did listen to tape one over the weekend, which was mostly introductory material). In this thread I am going to completely document my experience learning PhotoReading, which will hopefully enrich the experience for me, but also I hope that it may be of service to others who are seeking to learn this system.

A few weeks ago I did buy the PhotoReading book and I have read the book and done some initial experiments with PRing. Also, I will give some background about myself so you may better understand my attitudes and dispositions.

I am a dedicated learner - I love to learn new things and am always seeking to expand my mind and my understanding of things. I have always had a somewhat untraditional approach to learning and perception in general - I am artistically inclined and am what some people call a "sensitive", so forgive me if my point of view may seem a bit bizaare to yours.

For instance, I naturally developed a method to help me with my understanding of books, that I believe has some connection to what PRing is about. I would hold the books in my hands and with the intention that I was opening my minds receptivity to the materials that I was about to read. In a way, for me, this process was like placing a tea bag in a kettle of hot water. To my understanding, my aura or personal energy field, is like the kettle of hot water, and the book is like the tea bag - I imagined myself steeping in the energy of the book.

Then I would turn through all of the pages of the book about as fast as I could turn the pages completely opening the book and seeing the pages with a soft gaze - I don't think I was using the gaze suggested in the PR book though. I did play with this a bit, because of my personal understanding of the aura I would sometimes scan the pages with my hands, with the intention again that I was absorbing the energy of the book - I wouldn't even care about whether I was looking at the pages at all - but I would be in a meditative state while I was doing it and I would probably have my eyes holding a diffused gaze while I was doing this.

Then I would read the books as I normally read - I have a pretty good regular reading speed - in the 500 wpm range. I did this, as I said, to aid my comprehension and to firmly set in my mind my openness and harmony with the energy of the books.

So, after reading the Photoreading book, I immediately started using the Photoreading technique to do this again with some of the more deep, esoteric books that I study. I am not really concerned with any kind of "photographic recall" of the books - my intention is to open my mind to the deepest understanding of the ideas in the books that I am reading. I am also trying to open as much as possible the communication between my other than conscious mind and my conscious, in the brain, thinking.

So I have photoread a good stack of my esoteric, metaphysical books a few times. These are books such as The Secret Doctrine by H.P.Blavatsky, the books of Alice A. Bailey and Manly P. Hall.

I am also an avid tennis player and so I have PRed a stack of 10 tennis books, which I am seeking to activate through my tennis play.

Right now, I am seeking to read all that I can find on Success Consciousness - books such as those by Anthony Robbins, Napoleon Hill, Robert Allen, Stephen Covey and so on. With my developed PRing skills it is my goal to read many hundreds of books in the coming year along this line of thinking and development.

Welcome to the club. I'd recommend a visit to my site: http://www.geocities.com/doc5587

Or geocities/doc5587 for short.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

OP Offline

Thanks for the welcome youngprer.

I did visit your site.

I also had previously visiting your forum, and even posted some comments, but it doesn't look like there is any real activity there yet.

Welcome, livingsuccess. I am a high school student and have been integrating the PhotoReading system into my academic life for the past approximately two months. My reading initial, untrainted reading speed was not above average like yours, and this was one of the key reasons why I began teaching it to myself. I say 'to myself' because I only have the PhotoReading book, not the tapes.

I also play tennis, though in recent years, I've only played once a week in order to devote more time to my school work. Thus, my game is good, even great at times, but I simply don't yet have the consistency from more frequent practice. I actually have not yet tried PhotoReading any tennis books, but it is on my list :-). One thing I have tried, however, is using the Personal Genius tape before taking a lesson. I did this after having not played the entire summer, and I had been running cross country for the beginning of the school year. Normally, such neglect would in the past have caused me to have a really rough and slow startup. I was open to the possibility of playing even an better lesson than I'd ever had before, (this way the goal I decided on, listening to the tape) and sure enough, this is exactly what happened. Yet I also know from other experiences with the Paraliminals that as I would have guessed, they are not magic. They merely allow you to stop defeating yourself in order to allow your true abilities to play out unhindered.

From what you said, you already have a very good starting point, attitude-wise, so I am sure that you will meet great success with the course. I am still learning how to best activate material as that is undoubtedly the single most challenging aspect of the system. I've found that, at least for me, it is almost solely due to underlying the simple yet powerful emotional fear, mainly of failing or not doing something entirely right. So in other words, I have learned from my PhotoReading experience so far that I was a perfectionist. And I know that I still have a little of that working against me, but I'll be ready to let go if it soon. Strangely enough, a semi-emotion/belief that held me back for a while was guilt. Guilt? Of what? I actually felt guilty that I appeared to be doing much less WORK than I was presumably SUPPOSED to be doing on my homework reading. This should not be much of an issue for you, of course, because it doesen't sound like you face any school pressures. Now that I'm over that 'guilt for not working hard enough' thing, I am much more readily able to relax and trust subtle subconscious cues. I still have not received any undisputable hard evidence by spontaneous activation, but I have also made my peace with it, knowing that it may take time and further development in order to become open enough to have such experiences.

You'll have to tell me how your tennis game is improved by your direct learning from those books. I've been thinking that maybe I myself ought to find a stack of ten books on a class in school and see what happens. The more you PhotoRead for a single purpose and subject, the more likely you are to see either spontaneous activation or major leaps in your ability to understand the subject, right?

Any suggestions for what books I might PhotoRead to open me up to confidently receiving 'bubblings' directly from my subconscious knowledge store? Right now most of the time it seems that I'm guessing around, actually looking for some subconscious clues about the material I PhotoRead. Sometimes I must truly be making it up, because my guesses are simply wrong, but others I really do feel like I have more of a familiarity with the knowledge, but still not beyond the possibility of the placebo effect. I, like nearly everyone who's into PhotoReading and similar alternative mind techniques, seek to gain confident access to subconscious knowledge. Is that too much to ask? I know: patience. I would like to accelerate this process in any way possible, however. Maybe you'll gain some fresh insights on this issue, livingsuccess, especially because of your background with alternative techniques.

-Cameron

OP Offline

CameronJ: Thanks for the valuable input to my journal and I always like to hear new questions and will try to help in any way that I can.

I will do some thinking about your question regarding what books to read to help you open up to your "subconscious knowledge store". I have a pretty big library of these sort of books and I know of or have read many that I don't currently have - I want to make sure I suggest books that you can find - either at your local library or bookstore.

A couple that come to mind for there pychological effect are - Kahil Gibran's "The Prophet", "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan, Gary Zukav's "The Seat of the Soul", "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield, "The Tao of Physics" by Fritjof Capra, "The Dilbert Future" by Scott Adams (believe me, Mr. Adams is much deeper than most realize).

Well, that is a good start for a batch for a semi-syntopical reading group. The whole thing about opening up to your other than conscious mind is related to abstract thinking. Anything that you can do to create abstract connections between different ideas is good for this.

OP Offline

I did tape/CD 2 today - this covers previewing and Paul also goes over some superreading and dipping techniques. Working with Paul on the tape/CD program really has felt very powerful compared to what I have been doing on my own experimenting from the book.

I really could feel the difference in my focus as Paul walked us through the tangerine technique and superreading. I could really feel my vision opening up and felt completely relaxed and non-judgemental while I did the exercises. I started to really enjoy the superreading and dipping exercise as well, which I wasn't expecting. I think this is because of the relaxed focus gained by the tangerine technique.

OP Offline

Over the last few days I have continued to work with the Photoreading audio program and to use the Memory Supercharger Paraliminal recording.

Though I have committed myself to just let the experience be whatever it may be, and I have a strong feeling that I am onto something very powerful here through interacting with others on these forums and from speaking on the phone with Pete Bissonette, I have to say that I am already seeing and feeling real progress with the photoreading system.

CD 3 goes over the photofocus state and some of the other technical aspects of superreading, dipping and skittering. Then CD 4 goes into actually photoreading a book. While Paul suggested that we use his PR book, which is included in the program for this lesson, I had already read the book prior to receiving the program. So, I used a book that I have been wanting to read - The One Minute Millionaire by Robert Allen and Mark Victor Hansen.

After photoreading the book one evening, I took Paul's advice and slept on the information, confident that my other than conscious mind was busy at work making multitudes of connections to other knowledge in my conscious mind and body.

I continued with the program the next evening - and I was amazed at how much I had technically picked up from the previous bits of the program. The relaxed state that Paul helps to describe in the program was very easy and pleasant to get into and it made the rest of the process, such as superreading and dipping, or skittering much easier than I imagined it would be.

Before doing the superreading and dipping phase, I had just playfully flipped through the book and found many areas that I would like to explore more in depth and I wrote down a good handful or two of questions that I wanted to answer through my reading of the book. I really had my purpose for reading clearly in my mind.

It was quite late when I sat down to superread and dip through the book. After an hour I felt that I had already activated much more than I had hoped to get from the book. I just relaxed and let my eyes flow over the pages, moving at a rate well into speedreading areas, ranging from 2000 wpm and less, I am guessing. I would allow myself to be very relaxed and playful with it all - my eyes would move in a frolicking manner sometimes, like a young child flying his fork around here and there before finally landing in their mouth. That landing is the dipping part. You just let your eyes frolick and play until they find a word that they just have to eat up. Then you may slow down breifly to a more "normal" reading rate for a paragraph or two, then zoom back up into the flying superreading perspective.

I am very excited about this process and I can't wait to gobble up the piles of books that I have collected recently. I am putting together various piles of books that I am going to use for some syntopic experiments with photoreading.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited December 14, 2003).]

Your post is the first inspirational comment I've heard (for beginners). I've had the same results in the past week. The technique is beginning to successfully gel.

In fact, you've just inspired me to get off this computer and go activate I must say, Alex's input towards photoreading a book right before activation (given that you have already photoread it at least a day before) has really helped also.

OP Offline

I'm glad I could help to inspire you BlackBox. That is my intention with this journal. Since I was going to keep a journal anyway of my experiements and progress, I realized that this would be a good example to others seeking to learn photoreading as they could observe the entire process from beginning to mastery through my journal. That is why I have decided to do my journal as a public service for others seeking to learn photoreading.

OP Offline

I have been continuing with my PhotoReading studies and working with the audio program, but I have alowed some of my other projects to take precedence lately.

I keep the audio program out in the office and I one of my assistants has begun to use the program. She noted that she was a bit annoyed with the pace of the program. She is a quick learner and was aggravated by the repetition of many of the points and the pace of Paul's delivery. I could agree with her a bit there as well - I had already read the book before I received the audio program, and I found that I felt a bit antsy when going through the program - wanting Paul to get on with it, because I was ready for the next step, but I didn't want to miss any extra tid-bit. There may have been a few tidbits, but I think that my own agitation with the pace of the program also helped me to move onto other projects. There was quite a bit of good information on the final CD/tape of the program, however and I really appreciated this one because it was giving me many new ideas about working with PhotoReading.

Currently I have a stack of Chess books that I have been meaning to PR. I have found a good friend with whom I can play online, who is quite skilled and he is helping me to learn. At least I want to try this stack as a direct learning experiment, but I think I will also manually activate one or two of them as well.

The hardest part of the whole process is learning to superread and dip without dipping too deeply, but I have been noticing that I will get into the flow of it from time to time and I really feel myself absorbing and activating large amounts of information in a very short time. It is still hard for me not to want to rapid read everything, though.

The next phase of the process that I haven't really made a part of my routine is that of mind mapping. I don't like the books or papers that I have available for this and I just now realized I should go get a large spiral-boung sketch pad for this where I can keep all of my mind-maps in one place.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited January 01, 2004).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved