Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

What type of book are you writing, LivingSuccess? Toby

OP Offline

Toby - All of my writings are more or less focused on self-development, whether that is the development of one's consciousness for increased peace or prosperity or learning how to break habits, lose weight, quit smoking, etc. Most of these are topics for ebooks that I am developing. I actually have about thirty strong concepts lined up to knock out as ebooks.

The topic of my book is related to creating your ideal future. That is about all I can say about it at this time. My partner and I are both very excited about this project and don't want to let anything out of the bag too soon on that one.

OP Offline

I just realized that I haven't shared some of my recent personalizations of the photoreading process.

I did mention that I like to imagine a connection to the author of the book before I photoread a book. This has continued to develop so that my current understanding is that I am forming a mental connection, an actual rapport, with the author of the book through a point behind the top back of my head. This is the same area referred to by the tangerine technique. My understanding of the chakra system of energy centers within the etheric body, leads me to understand this point as referring to a transpersonal chakra. This is a chakra that connects us to everyone else. That is why it makes perfects sense to see this as my point of mental rapport with the author of the book that I am about to photoread.

Related to this, I was told a story at the recent PhotoReading retreat of a clairvoyant who was asked to meet with someone at a PhotoReading workshop. The clairvoyant didn't know anything about photoreading and wasn't aware of that there was going to be anything special going on there. When they showed up they were startled by what they were seeing. In terms of energetic movement within the energy fields of the participants in the workshop, who were in the act of photoreading at that time, the clairvoyant said that they had never seen energy moving in that fashion before. What they saw were two areas of energy focus within the photoreaders, and surprisingly, the eyes, from the perspective of the clairvoyant, didn't have anything to do with the process that was happening. The two areas that were active were the solar plexus and the transpersonal chakra - the center outside and behind the top back of the head. They saw a blue energy around the book being drawn in at the solar plexus of the photoreader, and there was a violet / magenta colored energy wrapping around the head of the photoreader connecting to the point behind the head like a cone-shaped hat.

I was very excited to hear this because it totally fit with my experience of the photoreading process and the way it was developing for me. I am feeling more and more connected with the authors of the books when I photoread. The mental space of this rapport is being more real everyday. I am now understanding that photoreading is about connecting to the thoughtform from which the book was precipitated. Photoreading takes place in a mental plane that is above language; the abstract mental plane. Most of the levels above the lowest concrete level, where you can basically hear yourself thinking out sentences in a specific language, are above language. They are symbolic abstract fields. This occurred to me when I came across some foreign books at the photoreading retreat.

Further, once you are able to connect with the author through this mental rapport, you can connect to more than just the mental framework of the book that you are photoreading. You can connect to the authors thoughts related to the book that aren't in the book. You can connect to the thoughts of all of the other people who have read the book and contributed to this thoughtform that surrounds the book. You can connect to tangential streams of thought related to these areas... Basically, this opens up a really big can of wonderful awe and appreciation for the vastness of consciousness.

Related to the photoreading technique, I now use the process, before I flip any pages, while I am sitting relaxed getting into rapport with the author and my purpose, to hold the book in my hands and when I am ready, keeping my eyes closed, I flip the pages of the book from back to front with my left hand while holding my right hand over the side of the book. I feel the pages flick over the center of the palm of my right hand as I inhale - drawing the energy of the book into my center - root chakra. I do this all on one inhale. Then I exhale and feel the energy of the book radiate out from that point at the root chakra throughout my energy field into the universe - anchoring it in me and connecting it to everything else.

Since I started using that technique - I now flip through the books - pretty much using a photoflip technique. I do the book upside down, backwards, frontwards and forwards, taking about one minute to do this. I know that I have the energy, the thoughts of the book in me, without any doubt or reservation.

Now I am able to activate most books using a very brief superread and dip on the fastest end of the scale, to a very fast rapid read / speedread of nearly 2000 wpm on the low end of the scale. I feel that I have read the book with a very high comprehension at these levels - probably at a higher comprehension rate than what used to be my normal reading rate around 500 wpm.

Wow. Glad to hear your recent posts. Thanks for sharing them with us :-)

I am especially interested by how the clairvoyant perceived the process of PhotoReading activation. Very interesting.

I had a particularly vivid dream in which I was planning to go to the February PhotoReading retreat, but I never actually did. I'm sure that some day I will, but until then I only hope that I am figuring out the best ways for me to accelerate my PhotoReading technique on my own.

Livingsuccess,
if you as you are now could talk to yourself as you were before the seminar, how would you go about teaching yourself how to PhotoRead on this faster, deeper level of comprehension that you have now achieved?

Do you have any additional insights to share that may help someone in my situation -- a high school student who has been looking for the most efficient ways to read and retain with speed and clarity?

If you had ten minutes to devote every night for reading each of the following a) 10-30 assigned pages for a book for English class b) 5-15 assigned pages for an AP American text book c) Reading either fiction or nonfiction for relaxation/pleasure d) a short (1-10 page) story or poem for Spanish class

(40 minutes total)

How might you go about this? [Just an off the wall question. I was just wondering -- no need to answer unless you think you may have some interesting insights which may help me and others with similar goals.]

It's late, and my brain doesen't function as well tired as I sometimes wish :-) But I'm inspired by your success and by my own feats. But I know that I'm only a few steps of the way to my goals, and maybe you've learned some things that may help me along faster? ;-)

-Cameron

OP Offline

If I had to teach myself - that would really be an unfair advantage - because the greatest barrier to learning is doubt. If I was teaching me - then I would be able to completely let go of any doubt. I didn't have any doubt about the process going into the retreat and so I was in the perfect state of mind to get the most from the experience. All I would have to do is tell myself the techniques that I learned and I would be able to start right into it - I have told you what I learned and the techniques, but there is a high chance that you haven't tried out those techniques for yourself yet, right? The biggest thing I could tell anyone regarding learning anything would be to "try it out for yourself", "don't take my word for it", "test it out and experiment with it".

For you as a high school student, and BTW, we had some high school students in the retreat - 3 that I can remember, and they seemed to do just as well as everyone else at it, I would suggest the following:

1. Take all of your text books and any other books used in your classes and photoread them all from cover to cover. You can do this over a weekend. After the retreat, I know that I could do it all in an hour or two. The hard part about effective photoreading is having a good purpose. Yours will be the same for all of your school books. Your purpose will be to master the materials in the books so that you will be able to easily and effortlessly achieve top grades in all of your classes. I know some of those books can be thick, but turn those pages fast or learn how to photoflip like I describe in my other posts. This will completely format your brain with all of the data that you need for ultimate academic success.

2. Then I would continue to photoread the materials as needed for each class - for instance when they give you a smaller reading assignment. I would photoread a much larger section of the book than the suggested reading. This will give you lots more insights into the topic and a larger frame of reference. Then superread and dip your section or just rapid read it straight through in five minutes or so. If you don't feel you have great comprehension - don't worry - relax, stretch, have some water. You only spent 5 minutes, right? After your break go back and rapid read through the material again - if it is a large section - take about 10 minutes this time - you will be getting the material. Don't slow down for comprehension's sake, just keep moving steadily, and don't back track or start reading every word in your head. You will be getting the material. Just know that it is so. You will be able to work up to reading that novel in one sitting - 45 minutes - just keep working at it.

3. Make sure you are using good opening and closing affirmations in your PR work.

I feel a little envious of you CameronJ - you are going to be the top student in your school!

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited March 19, 2004).]

Very wise advice, indeed, Livingsuccess. I completely agree with you -- if I were to talk to myself a few months ago, I would try to get myself to let go of that pesky force of doubt too!

I love your encouragement and positive attitude, and the purpose for PhotoReading my school books is one that resonates with me.

I have continued this post into a new subject Perfecting PhotoReading and School Performance because it started getting long and not directly relevant to Livingsuccess's thread here. I appreciate any suggestions regarding that new post!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved