Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello, I am a new user and have completed the Memory course and will comlete the photo reading course by next week. I am entering into school and would like to connect with others in the medical field so we can try out the techniques together as a small group. Others welcomed to, ofcourse. I have so much to memorize and frankly it is overwhelming so I thought a support group would help.
Regards,
Lora Flinn

Is this Lora from TCC ? I am excited for bio 142. This is Chris. If you aren't the person I know it is ok. I would love to participate in any type of medical study group.

OP Offline

Hi Chris,
I am living in Kansas City and will be going to Rockhurst and Research School of Nursing this coming August. Were do you live,and what is TCC?
Tell me what you have done so far with the Photo Reading course?
What I am hoping will happen here is we can swap ideas for learning all the medical terms.
Thanks for responding, Chris.
Lora

OP Offline

Wow. I just tryed the linking of the inner elements that make up the bones to links that work for me. They have absolutly nothing to do with medicine but they work for me. I want back 15 minutes later and I did recall my funny little words which lead me to the longer medical terms! COOL! This is so neat. I am going to wait a day and then try and recall them.

I also went away from the list format and used a drawing technique. I also tryed a line drawing form. If I need to know the outer layer and then what comes next as I go deeper into the body part I draw a line with and arrow down then over. I then write the word of the next layer. Above that I put a silly word that helps me remember and it could start with the same letter of it may be related to the word in appearance only and it works!

All this looks nothing like the lists in the manual. Sometimes I can see myself using my anchor list but I may try just using that and see if it works.
Thanks for the reply.
Lora

I am from Norfolk,VA. TCC=Tidewater Community College. I am getting my prerequisites for a BSN. I am currently taking the second semester of Human Anatomy. My job is very demanding and I can only take one or two classes a semester. Hopefully I will get the scholarship from my work that I want so I can start full-time. I try photoreading a chapter at a time and mind mapping. I have play doh that I used to model mostly bones(landmarks). My hurdles have been energy and time (or rather the lack thereof). SFQ has been helping. I hope it's ok with you if I post or email you once or twice a week to talk about progress, or maybe ask some questions. I look forward to our correspondence and that of like-minded others.

OP Offline

Hi Chris,
Yes please do feel freeto email.
meco1@sbcglobal.net
I just got Photoread last night and I am on tape 5. Tell me how you handle the amount of memorization with the anatomy?

You said you play DOH, sorry I am not such what that is. Tell me more. And also, what is SFQ.

Here is my plan. I will photoread front back to front the book. Then front to back. After that I will do the dipping/skittering. Not sure which one I am good with yet. Then I plan to make up a sheet with the ABC list on one side and room tro drae on the other. I will draw the body parts, create the ABC list to match it.

This is how I plan to learn all the material. I tryed it with just the make-up of the bones and the list worked great so now I want to photoread first and put the two together.

I also have Microbiology, which I will see if this work out okay to for that. I just wise I could chat with the authors of these course and get there input.

Later,
Lora

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved