Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I attended the class in 1993 with my whole family. I don't think my parents, sisters, or one of my brothers even tried anything outside of the class. They expected to be able to do the whole process as soon as the class was finished. One brother put some work into it and I put more work into it. I still couldn't do it, partially because of some unrealistic expectations I got from talking to people.

A few years later I developed some recall and test taking techniques that I posted to Mindlist and more recently on this forum. I was in my last semester in college and was working 40 hours per week and training in martial arts 8-10 hours per week. I really had no time to study much. On a few tests I only Photoread the chapters and used my activation techniques for the test. I made the Dean's List that semester and also the National Dean's List. I will say attitude was part of it. NLP makes people a bit cocky at times and I don't think someone who was scared or nervous could have done it. I also normally did well but I did better with less effort. I still had little conscious comprehension of what I read.

A few years after that I worked a job for a short time where I had 3-5 hours of "free time" on the shift where I could read. I photoread and then activated 3-5 books a night through super reading and rapid reading. In the past I tried to get spontaneous activation without the "speed reading" part. I was doing everything I could to avoid that for some reason.

Last summer I reviewed the class and it was much better than the first class I took. Most people were far more skilled at the end of the class than the people were in my first class. They really improved the classes during the past 10 years. I did learn from the class, and I also realized I left out some things in my streamlined approach, but I also noticed that I was better than I thought I was at this skill.

The bottom line is that most people will have to work at it. Some might be able to get it right away but from what I have seen most don't. There are probably also some people who won't get it. Others may have to change their mental programming for it to work.

Learninator, I found your posts childish and displaying frustration and confusion. You directly attacked photoread4me when he was only defending someone he respects. Many people who reviewed on amazon.com were probably expecting too much in a short time. LSC does make big boasts, but what's wrong with that? IT WORKS. LSC, as far as I know, hasn't lied about photoreading and its possibilities. People expect everything to be easy and take no effort.
I wonder if you've read the book. I would suggest reading it before doubting based on someone elses opinion. You won't trust any of our opinions, so why do you jump to accept the amazon.com reviews? The book clearly explains how learning occurs. This should be sufficient to disable many bad reviews. When a child learns to walk, it takes many months of dedicated effort. Don't you think that reaching into the inner recesses of the inner mind should be easier? Put the time and effort into it that a child puts into walking or reading, then tell me if you fail. Ask around, if you find more than a few people on this forum that can photoread and learned it from this company, then you should have no problem believing that it can work for you. These people are nothing special except that they TRIED it. Now they're in the reading and learning elite of the world. They weren't born with photographic memories any greater than the one you posess. You can photoread just as well as anyone here can, but it takes effort and time to wake up that 90+ % of the brain. It took long enough to reach the amount you use now.

I have to throw in my two bits.
People when they can't get something to work as fast or as well as they want it to tend to blame the machine, method or whatever it is they are using or trying to do. This is espcially when it comes to learning something that is out of the box in thinking and it requires a paradigm shift in patience and beliefs. I now after 2 years was finally able to get to a satisfactory point with photoreading. I realize that I will not be able to PR like Pete unless I take all the time he did etc. But saying that doesn't mean I didn't expect something miraculous when I started. There has always been people who will say you can't even in the face of plain and straightforward evidence. I read the amazon reviews a while ago they did upset me, but I was desperate enough to stick with the system. My success with anything, especially photoreading, is dependent on me not anyone else period. If you want to learn PR do it daily for months and after 3-6 months you will wonder why everyone else reads so slow. At least that is what happened to me. All of my family and friends now think I can but they can't when it comes to PR. Success at Photoreading is the best way to overcome negative opinions. The Photoreading Whole Mind System does work, but you need to use all of the system and not just PR a few times and expect to know the book(s) at 70% or better comprehension.

Also remember if everyone PRed it wouldn't be the great advantage that it is/ can be.

Thanks for all of the varying opinions,
Fritz

Hello.

I recently ordered PhotoReading just a day ago and waiting for the package to arrive. I started reading some of the comments initially and was immediately discouraged and decided to cancel my order or started preparing to return information, HOWEVER, I said to myself, I am a thinker, let me conduct my own investigation.

To get to the point rather quickly, people are looking for easy results or instant gratification. No matter how simple a system is presented, it will require a concerted effort and consistant daily committment to mastering the system through application to get any significant results.

How many of you ever struggled with mathematics? Because you struggled with mathematics, and did not get the results from those courses taken as a result, why didnt you conclude that mathematics was a scam? Why did you not conjure up a multitude of negative feedback from others around you about those mathematics courses to make an excuse for your failure?

The truth of the matter, mathematics does work. The individual in pursuit of understanding mathematics must make a serious committment to learning and applying its theories and never give up and in addition learn how to get the help they need in understanding the concepts to be successful with mathematics or ANY subject matter.

Now, I have not received my PhotoReading materials yet, but my argument applies to any subject matter. Folks, there are no short cuts to growth. Can one jump from being an infant in physical stature to that of a well developed 21 year old? Every step of development must be achieved. The same will apply with learning PhotoReading or any subject, THE SKIPPING of steps will only lead to more confusion or struggles or even failure. All the best!

Administrator
Administrator

I had pretty much the same experience when I ordered the photoreading course. When I saw a couple of the post I thought "what? it takes 'months' to learn." Then I thought hang on they give a 30 day money back guarantee... that means one can learn it within 30 days if you do the course.

No regrets.

Alex

Time for my two cents.

I'm pretty happy with the results that I have had with photoreading. Since I have had my breakthrough I have photoread and rapid read a novel while standing in the store (took maybe 30 minutes - 1 hour), but I got what I was going for out of the book (a good read).

The process works, you might not have let go of your the negative thoughts in your head that says, why am I doing this, this is stupid, or this is never going to work. I'm sure you have seen other posts that say, your mind will listen to your mind saying that and decide to listen and follow exactly what you are saying.

While listening to the introductory phone call (most recent call) even Pete will sing a song in his head to drown out the other voices in his head. Maybe that's what you have to do.

In other words - Just Do It.

I wouldn't say it takes months to learn. It took me only a few hours to learn, and the actual Photoreading step only a few minutes. What may take a while is becoming skilled at what you learn and learning to trust yourself in what you've already learned. I can probably teach someone everyhting they need to know for a black belt in the martial art I study in a couple weeks and if they pay attention they will learn each technique. That does not mean they have mastered each skill. Once a skill is learned the next task is to become competent in it and then move towards mastery. No matter what class you take, in whatever skill you want to learn, you will have to practice to become skillful in it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved