Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by AlexK:
isn't it about time you freed yourself and found someone equally special as her but wanting you.

I agree with you 100 percent! I'd LOVE to free myself. One way or another I'm looking for relief. Finding that relief is what brought me to paraliminals and this forum.

I'm actually pretty careful around her and if anything I try to appear casual - not really talking about anything major. I guess it's possible that by trying to appear casual, I'm really sending signals to the contrary. I hope not.

I've heard of the website you mentioned. Maybe it's time to look into it.

I had a similar difficulty a long time ago. Basically the remedy was out of sight, out of mind.

Maybe "Calm and Cool" isn't the way to go. I look for passion in a person, and I'm not talking about lust.

Figure out what she wants in a man, and if you can be that sort of person without comprimising yourself, then you've got everything you need.

[QUOTE]Theurgy? Did you use anything like this in your relationship?[\QUOTE]

Both my s/o and myself are practicing Theurgists. Well, technically I'm practicing, and she's already performing. Due to her degree of ability, I've used all the discresionary power at my disposal to nominate her as co-director (along with myself) of the Temple of Lylyth.

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited May 03, 2002).]

Yeah, I am stuck in the same situation as Glen. I have tunnel vision for my X. It is so true is she causes you pain right now when everything is just a wish, when you actually do get your wish the pain she will cause can throw you into a deep depression. Speaking from experience. Love must be free. All the techniques to woo her in your direction are just at the surface. What happens when they change or their gone. What do I mean? What if you get into an accident and end up with scars on your face or something, or what if you gained weight. Would she stay with you for you or would she bail being that what turned her on is changed. When you spend a great deal of your time cattering to someone else, trying to win her over, you'll spend the rest of your life convincing her that you are what she wants. Let her find her own path, if it is you then great. It is much better when a women can freely love you and you don't have to always try to be her spotlight.

One thing that I want to know is attracting new partners through paraliminals, for example prosperity. If I wanted to attract a new partner through prosperity would I study things I like in other women and think about that during my listening. Be it beauty, resevedness, confidence. What if I look at a playboy and focus on the abundance of beautiful inteligent women there are? Just searching for some answers to a technique that will work to get me out of my tunnel vision.

quote:
Originally posted by namrekca7:
When you spend a great deal of your time cattering to someone else, trying to win her over, you'll spend the rest of your life convincing her that you are what she wants.

As true as that is, I believe there is something to be said for Art and Strategy. It may mean picking up a handful of Mars & Venus books, or it may mean looking towards Mars and Venus for astrological advice.

Your example of Playboy is unrealistic, because people don't actually look like that. Also, although it is useful to define physical charactistics when searching for one's ideal mate, a focus on these to the exclusion of the other qualities of the person, and more importantly the values of the relationship is to invite sorrow.

OP Offline

Upon a recent session with Self-Esteem Supercharger within minutes I was back to self-loathing. Nothing seems to be working except that I haven't seen her in about 3 weeks. During that time I continued to think about her and go about my routine with eternal hope, but since she wasn't around to reject me, the intensity was correspondingly minimized.

After reading the "Wannabe", "How Do You Attract New Love", and "Alone Alone Alone" posts, and considering my own saga, it would appear that we need a new paraliminal - Relationships: What to do when they don't want you.

[This message has been edited by Glenwood (edited May 19, 2002).]

Wow. I needed to see this post.

I'm in a similar situation with a friend of mine.I know that my feelings of "not being his type" are ruining this for me.

I also get absolutely tongue-tied as well, even though that is something that has never happened to me.

I really appreciate all the suggestions, I'm going to start working more serious with my Natural Brilliance as well as the paraliminals suggested.

It's interesting, someone mentioned using Personal Magnetism on someone that you'd like to be like, and this guy is what I'd like to be. I'm not sure what that says, but his traits are awesome and I'd love to be able to incorporate them into my life. To what end, I do not know. I just know that the way he is, is how I am not. He is confident, assured, aware and full of life. I want those things in my life .. I just worry about using something like Personal Magnetism on the person I actually want to be with.

Thanks for being so honest and willing to share, it is really appreciated.

Tracey~

To Glenwood and Tracey; I would strongly suggest reading Are you the one for me, Knowing who's right & avoiding who is wrong by Barbara De Anglelis. This book has been a complete epiphany for me. I was in a similar situation as the two of you. I got my wish, and she walked all over me. I lost my sense of self. I compromised alot in order to make it work. When all it was overblown infatuation, for the both of us. If you can avoid wasting energy and time in a relationship that is going to go nowhere, or hurt you in the end then do it, because it is so hard to pick up the pieces and remain tougher than leather, because while your skin becomes like jello your heart becomes callous like leather from allowing yourself to fall into a fantacy and be so decieved.

When I was a kid, a friend of mine had a dog that just had some puppies and he said I could have one. I played with it all day and took it home with me. When my dad found out about it, he said that I couldn't have it and that I would have to take it back. I wanted that dog so bad. Heck I had even made up my mind that it was my dog already. I had a name for him and everything! I cried and threw a tantrum, but to no avail. My puppy still had to go back. Once he was gone, all I did was mope around the house all week long. I wanted that dog so bad.

Then one day, my dad brought home a Golden Retriever puppy just for me. I was ecstatic! He became my best friend in the world. I'd come home from school and he'd be there waiting for me at the door with his tail wagging and ready to do anything I wanted. All the other kids in the neighborhood liked him too. He kind of became the "neighborhood dog". He loved to play frisbee and would tag along with us on bike rides. It seemed like he was always there right by my side.

I never had a better friend than that first dog of mine. He was my constant companion for so many years. Looking back, I asked my dad why he wouldn't let me have the dog I brought home that day but then turned right around and brought home another dog the very next week? He said "I never wanted to keep you from having a dog, son. I wanted you to be happy. You may not have known it then but you see, the dog you brought home was a Pit Bull."

It's kind of funny how once I got another dog, I completely forgot about the one I thought I wanted.

[This message has been edited by Texas Bob (edited May 23, 2002).]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved