Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline

Both of these programs promise to make you have the genius way of thinking of Einstein, Mozart, Etc. so which one is better? Do they both make you smarter in the same way or could you gain even more intellectual benefits by using both?

You want to get smarter? Buy PhotoReading

Holosync has made me dyslexic; it can be unpredictable. I have seen it as a balancing factor. If you are on a journey into personal wholeness, then ok. But if you want to get smart, then you're wasting your $$$.

I have not received my GC yet, but i'm pretty sure it has to do w/ intuition. The MO course is also good for developing intellect.

Don't forget multiple intelligences defines many different kinds of smart nowadays So do you want to be nature smart, kinesology smart, interpersonal smart, linguistic smart, music smart, logical smart, etc. Or are you just wanting to be a smarty-pants smart?

You want to get

Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the advice, I have the photoreading course but haven't had the time and concentration to learn it so I bought Genius Code and it just arrived today and I'm hoping it's easier to learn and if I can learn it I think learning Photoreading would become easier, and after I learn these two I do plan on buying the Memory Optimizer.

Bryan,
All of LS products require some amount of time and practice.

Please learn MindMapping. This one thing will enable you to problem solve, take notes, get the big picture, learn material faster.

Just learn MMing and you will see an increase in your ability to solve and learn. Nancy Margulies has a great book for learning. Tony Buzan's The MindMap Book is also great. Joyce Wycoff's book is terrific from another perspective. I really like the Wycoff book because it really trains us. I learned how to draw from the Margulies book and i got a feeling for MMing from the Buzan book and i put it all together from the Wycoff book.

You will not waste your time by learning MMing. Rather, you will be so impressed w/ your ability to process knowledge that you will feel smarter immediately. I also think it's the easiest technique to learn. I've done them all and it's the fastest, best, and easiest. You'll get so much more for the time spent.

good luck

Bryan,

Margaret is right about all of the LS products requiring effort. There is no Matrix-style download in any of the courses. Although maybe that's what they're shooting for with the Fast Finish...

Go through each one once and decide where you want to focus your efforts. If you scatter your energies in search of that elusive mega-brain, you limit your results on all of them. After listening to PR and GC, follow your intuition about which one to work with first. Maybe it's as simple as going with the one that seems most fun (gets you the most energized, seems less imposing, whatever). If you're having fun, you'll find the time. Perhaps one will provide the key that unlocks the other. They certainly complement each other.

Personally, I would spend the time on GC first, but that's just me. It is more focused on strengthening the conscious/unconscious connection upon which PR relies (and the Direct Learning work you do just may lay the groundwork for later PR success).

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
Holosync has made me dyslexic; it can be unpredictable.
Margaret, how it has made you dislexic? Do you mean literally or on some figurative meaning? I have never heard such a thing before. Can you please explain what you mean?

Hel Offline

Hahaha

This is what i posted somewhere else
quote:

Hel, dyslexic, meaning i am mixing up certain letters and numbers. It just started over night and has persisted. Sometimes, even when i go very slow, i still will come to work to find i had entered the wrong numbers. But, i've changed and become more laid back and the guys are very kind about my dyslexic stuff. I'd rather be dyslexic and not uptight than the way it was before. It's a good trade off for me. Plus, i think it'll eventually go away, i'm only at P.1.1, so i have a long way to go. It's a strange product in some respects. Figure that for 51 years of my life i was never dyslexic at all, not remotely. Then suddenly i am. The only change in my life was the addition of h/s. I also broke my wrist 6 weeks into AP due to a primal panic that i was not able to recognize as overwhelm. But, i never considered stopping because it is a terrific product for personal growth.

And this is what Hel posted for me which was enlightening for me.

quote:
I just received this week's "Fortune" and read an article in it about top executives and other high achievers who are/were dyslexic. They had a very had time in school. But it seems that they just have a different way of picking up and processing info. So those who managed to get out of the education system unscathed could end up having an edge when they are in the working world in that they tend to be "creative" and "intuitive", meaning they do not see/think the same way as their colleagues. It seems that they see in images, 3D technicolor, and are more able to think outside the box. So maybe indeed the sudden onset of dyslexia has to do with your activating a particular part of your brain/mind, neuro-connections, which until then was more or less dormant.

Thanks for your reply. It is just that I'm following that program too and finding out bad side effects concerns me. I have been reading around and found a post of you that says you are at Purification level 1 or so I understood. I'm just in Awakening Level 1; it seems that you have gone through 4 full levels before me. That was a surprise. Judging by the way in which you speak about h/s, I was under the impression that you tried it once and gave up. I have seen many welcome effects in me and no adverse one at all, and I got surprised in learning on a bad side effect. I am male and it has been said that women excel in multitasking above us. Well, it may be exagerating, but I have read the subject in the sense that men are unable to multitask. One welcome effect of h/s is that I'm increasingly able to multitask. I'm more capable to perform at top without overwhelming, that's a welcome effect too. By what I have seen about h/s, the program is slow but effective; and in the long run, the sum of all the changes may amount impressively. If it makes me more efficient, then it's welcome. And efficiency may back up any LS course too.
Just some thoughts.

Betsemes,
Very important point here w/ holosync. This is why i have never point-blank recommended it to people. Especially people who have emotional luggage and want to get rid of it as opposed to resolving it.

Everyone wants to be successful yesterday & we all want our hang-ups disappeared. Well, it just doesn't work that way. Never has & never will. I knew that coming into h/s. I immediately paid for the full program and have been listening every day 99% of the time ever since.

But, i have found that people do not have realistic expectations w/ that product. Bill Harris has to foot some of the blame for that in his type of advertisement. YET, Bill also has terrific people in place to help us out. Marc has been a blessing for me. And, since i paid for the full program (read this as i think inner circle type of terminology is ridiculous) i have not received any additional advertisement.

But, between the advertisement and the cost, the timid people will steer clear of it. That is best; they may not be able to handle what kind of traffic comes down the pike. Here we are imagining ourselves driving down the road at 80mph thinking it's clear sailing and suddenly there is a mac truck heading straight for us. Let me ask you this: How many people can change their inner image of clear sailing to MAC truck in the needed time to respond?

My life has changed all for the better, but do you know any kid who doesn't experience growing pains? Like me, you just make that decision as to the side affects. It was a no-brainer for me. But, some people, who upon breaking their wrist as a result of primal panic, might deem AP too much. I did not. I was upset w/ myself and determined to face what i had to face to become whole. I'm glad i made that decision.

With holosync, there is just no way to turn it into a package deal product. We are all different w/ different approaches to our very similar emotional luggage.

Mind Chatter is a very worthwhile newsletter. I have read almost all of them, rather, i've PhR almost all of them

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited May 10, 2002).]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved