Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42320 07/24/04 10:21 PM
OP Offline

Hi y'all,

I am perfectly able to produce a blip page and have quite good peripheral vision as I have trained this skill for other purposes earlier. However, I am not able to produce a blip page when having the book rest on my lap. Generally I'll have to bring it closer to my eyes. I know the blip page is not a big deal, but I'd still like some advice.

Thanks

// Henrik

Hi Henrik, the same thing happend to me. Alex gave me some funny advice about it's all right, so long as it's not so close as to have my eyelashes touch the page. Toby

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Put a cushion or some support on your lap the angle will improve and make it a little easier to get the blip page. I usually elevate the thigh that the book is resting on by resting my foot on something.

Now do what is comfortable. The book can be as close or as far from your face as you are naturally accustomed to. You just don't want it that close that as you turn the pages it brushes your nose, (it tickles and that gets a tad distracting).

Alex

I am just getting started at Photo Reading but was getting very discouraged because I was having trouble holding the book,turning the pages and being comfortable at the same time.

For a $15 investment I bought a product at Staples/Business Depot called a "book lift", brand name "Fellows". It is just a simple plastic thing something like a picture frame that holds the book, and has an adjustable angle setting so you can sit it in a half dozen different positions.

Now I can sit in my LazyBoy Chair, with a dinner tray on my lap with my book on my "booklift" and read much easier.

I have not had any real breakthrought, but I plan on mastering this process and anything that can make it easier and more proficent is a bonus. I'm on my second pass through of my course materials, and I know it will all come together for me if I just keep working the system.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved