Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Whats the difference between Vol 1 and 2? They seem to do alot of the same things.

OP Offline

Well, from what I've read Vol.1 is focused on learning, studying, and improving intelligence, where as vol.2 is for creativity, designing, etc. Creative thought vs. Logical Thought... Opposites on the same spectrum.

In what sense is it strange? I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't know what you mean.

Well I bought iMusic after reading some of yours posts and I have been using it for about a week. But honestly I cannot feel the big difference. I tried to use it low noise in class today, but no major shift. I've used 1.2, but my mind sometimes wonders as it does without listening to iMusic. I've been using 1.3 when doing doing some technical stuff, but it did not help very much either.

Then suddenly I see that Volume 2 is out - I wonder... hmm... another 90 bucks... yeah sure.

OP Offline

I find this hard to believe... the number of people I've used this with over the last week and a half or so are skying from it. Never mind my own extremely positive experiences.

I would ensure that you are playing it loudly enough, and ensure you are doing it in conjunction with the right tasks.

Good luck to you

Well in class I had to have it low-noise, but I was also told that it would work low-noise.

Hard to believe... yeah... hard to believe that I paid 90 bucks for this.

I actually wrote volition and asked them if it was ok to just listen to it, just to relax, and I got an email back that said:

"Indeed it is best to use iMusic for the types of tasks specified (reading, studying). Otherwise
you are not facilitating the state change."

"If you want to sit and think, we recommend bringing a note pad to write down
your ideas, while using Volume 1.1 or 1.2."

So yes I am sure that I am doing it in conjunction with the right task.

OP Offline

wow man, you are totally missing out then

I think using it to listen in class is a low return activity-- while you will be better off with it, the huge change for me happens when I am studying, writing and reading. There is a reason why it doesn't say "for listening" on the box...

Honestly, use disc one while reading/learning and there is no way you won't feel in the zone.

And don't let your negativity get in the way-- you seem to have a "blame everyone else" attitude. Just cause it didn't work for you doesn't mean you abandon it. Figure out what you are doing wrong. Trouble shoot.

Take responsibility to use it right. Not trying to be critical, just trying to get you to realize the benefits I've experienced I am on your side here.

Keep us posted! I've got my super hyper kid brother even using it to great effect-- it is funny, I play it while he does homework and you can observe the huge change in his focus and attentiveness... but I've yet to tell him about it. He'll catch on soon

Cheers-
RG

researchguy,

Do you use headphones to listen to the discs?
There are three disc, isn't it confusing to determine which disc to use between building knowledge in any subject (disc 1) which I think is studying, and (disc 2) which volition says to use for memory intensive studying? I have the disc, but can't choose between 1 & 2. I'm studying for the CCNA certification which is building knowledge but, on the same token, I'm studying and need to remember the theory and concept. What do you think? Thanks.

OP Offline

You use disc 1 for more reading, while disc 2 is if you are studying/memorizing... which would be reading it over and over, repeating in your head. I think having it nice and loud ups the effect for me. Headphones don't seem to improve it, but if you can have it louder through the headphones, than this is a good thing.

You said that you used it for photoreading, can you explain this?

Which disc did you use and what about activating?

OP Offline

I used iMusic Volume One disc 1 for activating... wow, what a difference it makes.

My mind is so focused and is creating connections with the material a mile a minute when I use it.

I hope you make progress.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved