Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Rover,

You're welcome.

A point that is obvious to me but is worth noting about the differences between entrainment and biofeedback is this: biofeedback is like having an extra sense. Changes occur as a result of ongoing feedback that go beyond entrainment.

The "there" that you go to through biofeeback training is dynamic and is a very different place than when you use various entrainment methods. You learn more about yourself, your automatic responses, and you can learn how to respond to your responses with greater and greater ability.

I think it is a superior tool for self-mastery, but that is just me.

And you don't need a lab, there are several products available ranging from simple and cheap to complex and expensive for biofeedback training.

Also, with biofeedback you are learning a skill that goes beyond the training sessions. You learn how to detect changes in the mind and body facilitated through the extra sense provided by the machinery. The goal is to go beyond the training equipment. You don't need to buy more tools to go into different states and go back to the tools when you want them. You learn it, you have it, and you can do it when you want or need it.

A problem I have had with entrainment technology is its inherent limitation. It's pretty fixed and passive. I mean, it's fun, and it has its uses, but it's limited.

Sorry if, again, this is obvious to you. I believe everything I have said is related to the topic and does not put anyone into an infinite loop. Having consciousness provides for numerous exit conditions.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited November 19, 2004).]

Researchguy,

I purchased the IMUSIC cd 3 weeks ago.
I use it while I PR reading 3 to 5 books a day.
My question is: Is the music supposed to sound rough? Sounds like the classical music is on steriods.

Didn't help on my memory and mental stamina.

Keep in mind, before I bought "iMusic" cd I use and enjoy Baroque music as I PR.

Like to have your response,

Thanks, Kevin

OP Offline

Yah, the music obviously has changes-- otherwise it wouldn't entrain and train your brain.

Oh, believe me, if you use iMusic while working, studying, whatever, your stamina will go through the roof, and you will have an easier time memorizing things.

I guess if you aren't doing intensive mental work for long stretches, you won't notice these benefits.

Believe me, you use iMusic in demanding situations and it will work for you.

I have got so many people using this around me now, it is an across the board solution. I truly believe that anyone who says it doesn't work for them, is letting themselves down by not using iMusic to its potential.

Here is an article on something I've been thinking about during these discussions:
http://sciam.com/print_version.cfm?articleID=0007D716-71A1-1179-AF8683414B7F0000

All music is, essentially psychoacoustic neuro-technology. While not all musicians use technical equipment to measure effects in terms of brainwave activity, they do use a more organic method (namely an acute awareness of their own reactions and the reactions of others) for their testing.

OP Offline

Babba-

You are confusing emotive reactions to music, with brainwave entrainment. In some cases, there is a very subtle difference, like dance music-- in other cases, there is a very stark difference.

Very different.

Last time I checked, there were no studies that found regular music increased IQ.

OP Offline

I actually recently emailed Norman, the author of the Scientific American article, to get his opinion on iMusic.

He emailed me back thanking me for the reccomendation. I wonder if he'll do a study on iMusic???

Cheers -- Great link Babba.

Hey guys!

Don't get complicated! iMusic was made entereky with this software:
http://transparentcorp.com/products/bss/?PHPSESSID=459cd016664912fd2566abb44e3f36fc

You can convert any existing music tho the non headphones required iMusic type using this SW.

Hope this helps

I actually just emailed Transparent to learn more about this and they said this is not true, they claim the technology behind iMusic to be proprietary.

Hi Rover,

I am sorry, but I am afraid you are wrong. Look at this link from one of the public forums of the Transparent Company (makers of the entrainment SW): http://www.transparentcorp.com/community/forum/index.php?showtopic=502

Any music with rhythm acts as a form of entrainment.

All music, in fact all sensory stimulation, creates some sort of effect upon brainwave patterns.

There was some research on the so-called "Mozart effect" which showed that in some cases listening to Mozart could create a brief increase in IQ.

I contend that most of this "psychoacoustic audio technology" is gimmicky. "Brainwave entrainment" is a gimmicky name for something very simple that has been around forever.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited November 30, 2004).]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved