Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43243 12/01/04 09:18 AM
marisaf Offline OP
OP Offline

HI ALL: I HAVE A LOT OF A4 PAGES TO STUDY, I HAVE THE SPANISH BOOK WHERE ONLY SPEAK ABOUT THE BLIP PAGE, BUT I ASK IF IS IT POSSIBLE PHOTOREAD PAGE BY PAGE USING A SOFT VIEW,ONLY LOOKING THE PAGE WITH OUT OF FOCUS.
IS IT A GOOD WAY TO ACTIVE IF I BEGIN READING THE TEXT AND I MARK THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS AND AT LAST I MAKE THE MIND MAP. IT´S TOO DIFICULT FOR ME OPEN THE BOOK AND TO LOOK IT IN ANY PAGE WITHOUT I HAVE A WAY.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ACTIVE IN 48 HOURS?
THANKS.

#43244 12/01/04 10:18 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Imaginary X technique is the way to go for single pages and computer screens.

If you are mind mapping there is no need to mark the text. It only slow you down

Yes you can activate 48 hours later. 20 minutes incubation is the minimum there is no set maximum.

Alex

#43245 12/02/04 02:40 PM
marisaf Offline OP
OP Offline

ALEX, THANK YOU FOR THE ANSWER, BUT NOW I HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS, AS THIS: IF I PHOTOREAD A BOOK CAN I IMMEDIATELY LATER:
1-BEGIN TO MAKE THE MENTAL MAP OF THAT BOOK.
Ò 2 - IN TIME OF MAKING A MENTAL MAP MARK THE BOOK.
Ò 3-BEGIN TO MAKE THE MENTAL MAP OF ANOTHER BOOK THAT I PHOTOREAD BEFORE.

B -SOMETIMES WHEN I PHOTOREAD I RELAX MYSELF SO MUCH THAT IT COULD BE SLEEPING. IS THAT GOOD OR NOT? THANK YOU.

MARISA.

#43246 12/03/04 02:44 AM

Hi Marisaf; i would wait at least 20 minutes but you can wait 4 hours, 8 hours even 24 hours. You want to allow time for the mind to process the book you photoread.So i would suggest that you do not mindmap immediately after photoreading a book. Do something else completely unrelated to the book Go for a walk, ride a bike something completely unrelated to the book for you allow your mind time to process the information you photoread.

As for being relaxed to the point of being asleep you notice that Paul Scheele talks about the relaxed but alert state. That says it all. You want to be relaxed but not too relaxed.
Photoread4me

#43247 12/03/04 12:05 PM
marisaf Offline OP
OP Offline

I AM NEW IN THIS AND ME I HAVE TO SURRENDER AN EXAM ON TUESDAYS. I DO NOT KNOW HOW PHOTOREADING CAN HELP ME.
SO I ASK IF IS IT BENEFICIAL FOR ME THAT FIRST I READ AND MARK THE TEXT, MAKE THE MIND MAP AND LATER I PHOTOREAD ALL THIS MATERIAL, EVEN THE MIND MAP. THEN I GIVE IT THE NECESSARY TIME TO ACTIVATE. WHILE I PHOTOREAD AS THE ACTIVATION I LISTEN MOZART’S MUSIC.
THEN WHEN I DO NOT HURRY I ATTEMPT PHOTOREAD LIKE PAUL SENDS. THANKS FOR THE PATIENCE.

MARISA

#43248 12/04/04 08:05 AM

Marisa; this is not the time to be learning Photoreading. Just use your regular study habits for now and concentrate on studying and preparing for your examinations.

Marisa; you have enough to be concerned with with your examinations. What you need to do is prepare for your examinations and then in the future learn Photoreading and use books that have nothing to do with
school for example learn Photoreading on a book that has nothing to do with school then later in future when you have mastered Photoreading then use Photoreading with school books now is not the time to be learning Photoreading.Marisa please do not use big letters when typing on the computer.It is very difficult on the eyes to read the computer when all the letters are big. Good luck on your examinations.
Photoread4me

Marisa; ahorita no es la tiempo para aprender Photoreading. Marisa usted tienes muchas libros en esta tiempo no es buen tiempo para aprender Photoreading. Estudio & preparar por tu examen con la metodo usted es acostumbrado. En la futuro aprender Photoreading con libros sin escuela libros no relacion con la escula Mariza es mejor aprender Photoreading sin no tension. Por favor no usar grande letra en la computadora es muy dificil con la ojos para leer la computadora. Buena surte con tu examen.
Photoread4me

#43249 12/04/04 11:56 AM
marisaf Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you by the reply, but i have another question:
is it convenient to practice "transcendental meditation" by example, before and then I photoread?

#43250 12/04/04 12:05 PM

Not necessry. If you happen to do it normally there is no reason not to PhotoRead afterwards.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved