Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#43680 03/06/05 08:50 AM

Dear Scribe,

I'm very interested with your reply. I don't really need a success stories. There are a lot of success stories on the PhotoReading book. But there is no failure story on the book following with how the people managed to make it work.

I'm very interested to read your story. As you said that you've ever trapped into problems and find out the solutions. I've searched your name on the postings. But it seems that you've written a lot of stories. It's difficult for me to know which posting are you talking about.
Should I read all of them ? Of course I will do that if I've mastered the photoreading. But I haven't.

Would you mind to tell me what is the subject of your posting that you mentioned ?

Thanks in advance.

#43681 03/07/05 07:08 AM

Oh wow! I didn't know I had written that much until I searched on my name.

Try this one: http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/004289.html

I was initially confused by the layout of the book and thought that I was supposed to postview right before activation after the incubation period. The correct way is postviewing after photoreading right before the incubation period. The book doesn't talk about postviewing until you are a few pages into the activation chapter. If I had read the summary at the end of the book a little better and tried the 5-day test I would have noticed my error. As it turns out I didn't realize it until I showed up here and started reading some of Alex's posts and those of others concerning Activation.

Once I got myself straightened out I started seeing results.

Here's another one: http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/004184.html

What I don't say in the post above is that there was a gap of a few months between misapplying the system and figuring it out after I found the forum and realized I missed something.

#43682 03/07/05 07:31 PM

Scribe, thanks a bunch for your help.
I did the same mistake as what you did.
I didn't postview before the incubation.
Glad to join this forum and meet you here.

Actually I have the CD(s). But I easily get bored to learn from the CD(s). It's probably because I'm a visual learner, not audio learner.
I'm reading must faster than listening.

I'm not a PhotoReader yet. But I believe that this method will work. I only need to find out what is the correct method that will work for me.

I'll post again when I trapped into another problem, or I finally managed to be a PhotoReader.

regards,

-Alfred- http://bank-al-en.blogdrive.com

#43683 03/09/05 06:43 AM

Alfred,

My advice to you is just follow the process. My other problem was not thinking of the kinds of questions I wanted answered by the material I was reading. (I still forget and do that sometimes and when I do it doesn't work as well.) My solution for that is to take the subheadings, if there are any, and ask myself what the subheading has to do with the chapter title. Then I look at the chapter title and ask what that has to do with the book title.

I read mostly instructional materials and rarely read novels or other pleasure type reading.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved