Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#443 10/03/02 10:23 PM
SparX Offline OP
OP Offline

I haven't really looked through the previous posts, so this may have already been addressed... I'm thinking of purchasing the Genius Code program, but first I'd like to hear from someone that has completed (or nearly completed) the program and can comment on the benefits they've noticed based on all the claims made on the website.
Thanks in advance,
SparX

#444 10/04/02 05:37 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I've completed the course and go back to parts of it when I get the urge. I also did all the exercises and challenges in particular I found it useful in cracking my code.

The benefits I've gained are astounding to me. My accuracy in just 'knowing' things still surprises me. I find I am getting answers quickly. While going the course intitally I had a major life problem that I was trying to resolve. While not yet solved it is in the process of being worked out, I am on the journey to resolving this problem. However while I was working with the course I was frustrated that the answer/solution was not coming. I kept going with the course because I was getting answers to other questions/problems. During the course I one of my image streams told me when I would have a breakthrough with the course. Exactly on the day as noted in my image stream I had that breakthrough and it turned out to be one for my major goal.

In other ways it's even harder to describe. Instead of coming up with only one answer I notice my mind giving me muliple answers and with clarity. Strangely I've also noticed that my communication skills have improved. I find that I am better able to express myself. I am using my intuition more and finding it amusing. For example yesterday I 'knew' that I would not be driving home in my car after going to my brothers place. I wasn't worried about how to get home I also 'knew' an appointment would be cancelled and that I would get a lift home. That is exactly what happened. I went to my brothers place. They had car trouble and needed a car I loaned them mine. While I was there I got the phone call that the 11:30 appointment was cancelled and mum arrived to drop off some stuff off so I got a lift home with her. Normally so many glitches in a day would be annoying but I just found it amusing how things worked out.

When I look at my thinking before I completed the Genius Code course and now. It feels like I've removed a lot of dams between my inner mind and my conscious mind and a lot are still moving out of the way with incredible ease now. When I look where I was and how I'm thinking, What I'm writing, What I'm experiencing and What I'm learning Now.

It's more than intuition... its opens up the lodgical mind too. Compared to my past thinking style I would say I used to have tunnel vision. Which is odd because I've always been credited with being able to take on new projects and point out solutions for problem areas before the projects even started. My supervisior made it a habit to discuss changes in the department procedures with me prior to the implementation. I would go away and think about it and come back and point out the problems we may have to face and solutions to those problems. It made the implementation a lot easier.

I bought a book teaching how to use ABC lists for problems solving it is intriguing yet I haven't had the chance to use it every time I think of a problem I get multiple answers. I also developed a problem solving technique through the Genius Code haven't used that much lately either. I know can fall back on them when I have major problems. One thing I have noticed I've improved my skill in defining the problem... once you do that answers seem to come surprisingly quick. Emotions still get in the way, yet even they are sidestepped quickly.

It's hard to describe what the Genius Code does for you it's not tangible in the sense that you can hold the results of the course in your hand like a trophey. You probably don't even notice how you've changed since doing the course unless you've been recording where you are coming from and where you are heading. I know that the goal I wrote down for the Genius Code course was major and I mean major goal. To see something happening toward that goal alone is worth 5 times what I paid for the course.

If I were to give a tip on how to proceed with the course I say do the exercises. Avoid getting hung up on Win's unusual style and expressions, just do the exercises. Seriously do what is suggested on tape 4 and try the High Think Tank challenge. Direct Learning is terrific for adopting new skills and modelling someone who has the skills you wish to acquire is made childs play with the course.

Alex

#445 04/15/03 08:42 PM

As part of my guerilla ontology program I would liike to point out that AlexK is the only helpful participant on this forum aside from the so-called "LSC" staff. However, much of what he says sounds too good to be true. How many people here tend to experience the belief that they are benfitting enormously from this program? And don't just answer that impulsively. And no, that question was not a disguise for any disbelief/contempt for this program, it was a semantically/epistomologically correct question aimed at provoking analysis and clarifying a nagging question which I have. Furthermore, I don't know what Alex means when he says "until I deciphered my code". Does this mean you have one code, and that you found the one key? What does this code conceal? Now that you've "deciphered your code" where are you at? Do you consider yourself a Genius now? -some of those questions you answered in part but I just want more clarification. For all you guys know AlexK is just the name somebody at LSC uses to populate this board, in order that they might sell more products. Now I know that the last statement has provoked a lot of impulsive reactions in many of you reading this, ranging from amusement to the need to paternalize me in a post stating how ridiculous you think the idea is. The point is, I'm well aware of the implications of that statement, and I'm well aware also of the conditioned reflexes most of you still blind yourselves with, because I'm a genius. JK. Seriously, I have thought this through, I have liberated my thinking. The question you must ask is this: If this program makes geniuses- in any reasonable sense of that word, don't get hung up on that definition-- than why do we not hear about any important intellectual contributions coming from its alums, so to speak? With that in mind, might AlexK be a deceptive mask? Who knows, I don't, nothing is certain-- and, for the last time, that statement is NOT a contradiction of any sort, it accords perfectly with semantic meta-analysis regarding the order of abstraction and the relation of signifiers to the signified, i.e. words to the "reality" which people remain so obssessed with.

Now, one item remains to be dealt with: many of you, upon reading this post, perhaps reading it too quickly or because of evaluating it with a non-liberated, mammalion-emotional circuit, have the reaction that somehow I'm just trying to cause trouble, deal a "smack-down", or maybe that I'm just ego-tripping, entertaining some despicable arrogance. That may be true, whatever the phrase "is true" means. My intention, however, is to rephrase my major question-- the lack of geniuses around because of this system, which does not, by the way, mean that Wenger's techniques and beliefs are all wrong, that their is nothing to them-- and also to show how much impulsive reaction goes on when people read or think. The whole point of Zen Buddhism, General Semantics, and Deconstruction, as I realize them, "is" to show the fallacy of those sorts of reactions in formulating a text or a belief of any sort; they act as exercises in deconditioning among other things. I believe that proper study and training in these systems, with regard to the fact that they all inherently include a meta-critical orientation recognizing the limitation of any "system" as such, and thus making them immune to the fallacy of self-chauvinism as such, results in the best sort of improvement in thought possible. It goes way beyond any one technique, because it recognizes the nature, the Beingness, of thought as it manifests and functions, something which no amount of PRing can do. One test to see if you have liberated your own thinking involves looking at that last sentence and your reactions to it: did you think-feel that I was debunking PRing as such?

The ultimate verification of my above text would be if someone were to reply that either A) it was off-topic, B) they thought that I was arrogant, just on the basis of this post, C) They totally ignore my big question, D) They get hung up on my suggestion that AlexK may be "LSC-in-disguise", or E)they feel that I was only attacking certain beliefs just to be contrary, the "you're just a brat" reactions of authority figures everywhere.

I would, however, encourage anyone who wants to clarify some of my terminology to go to the general semantics website at: www.general-semantics.org

To be honest, if you still are reading this post than I offer you my greatest respect, you are part of the proud minority who actually bother with things they might not understand, or with things which they "feel" to be hostile. Thank you.

As In A Moment,
Kristoff "Dr.Faustus" Olafsson

#446 04/15/03 08:56 PM

What's funny is, some of us at LSC actually joked that AlexK was Pete in disguise, too! Such great advice and helpful posts. Fortunately, we had the chance to meet Alex in person for the PhotoReading Instructor Training course about a month ago : )

#447 04/15/03 08:57 PM

I might add, she looks nothing like Pete!

Keep up the good work Alex!

#448 04/15/03 11:42 PM
Administrator
Administrator

G'day Sandy My arms have recovered from my flight back home.

quote:
However, much of what he says sounds too good to be true.

Do you think so? That post was my experience some months ago. I own the experience and you may own your opinion.

quote:
Do you consider yourself a Genius now.

Everyone has genuis potential. Some people limit it it to Linguistic and logical analylitical skills represented by a piece of paper provided by some schooling instituitions. There is sheer genius in an individual who has:
- has figured out how to kick a winning goal for a sporting team,
- to persude a fellow teenager to keep going and not commit suicide.
- to keep nursing people in ill health in a hospital while the patients treat them badly
- to read a nonsense book to a child
- to dress up like a clown to lift the spirits of someone emotionally down.

The choice to see genius as something only a few people have or something that we all do when we express ourselves by our actions in our daily life is yours. I do not share a limiting view. When we join with other people to learn and grow we are expressing our true genius.

quote:
The greatest genius will never be worth much if he pretends to draw exclusively from his own resources.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

As long as I am permitted to offer my assistance to help people find their part and their means to achieve their true goals in life I will continue to post on the forum. No doubt others have thought that perhaps I am an LSC employee too. To that I can only reply - I wish.

Those who chat with me through MSN have noted that I do not keep to USA time. Being in Australia they have had the fortunte or misfortune of the getting my Australian slant on life.

Why do I support LSC? because they honour their money back guarantee. If you try it and it doesn't work for you send it back and get your money back or try one of their other courses. They realise that not one package or course fits all and we are not computers where data can just be entered into our brains to make us what we want to be. Their courses are about realising what we want to be in our life we already are we just haven't cleaned the mirror yet to see it in ourselves. They are about discovering that we inidividuals are valuable human beings where ever we are in our lives. To recognise our fustrations are only the perceived distance between our emotional wants and the place we want to be. There are many roads to roam and LSC is providing the variety of maps to get us there. Not everyone is going to want, like or need the LSC products but at least LSC gives people the chance to give their products an honest trial and provides personal coaching in the form of other people sharing their experiences and staff who understand the reason the course was created.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited April 15, 2003).]

#449 04/16/03 02:57 AM

Kristoff,

This is a fine post. You state your position clearly and without malice. Thanks.

I choose not to quibble with the use of the word genius, although it may be an overstatement. Here is my interpretation:

Genius means using more of your potential than you might otherwise use. Nothing flowery here. No promise of grand inventions. We all have a different baseline. No program will get us all to an equal level that the general population might consider genius. However...I do believe that the program will get all of us beyond our current level of functioning. I can say that I sometimes practice the techniques spelled out in Genius Code and sometimes don't. I can, with complete sincerity, claim that I feel sharper and more intuitive when using the techniques then when I don't.

In a world of absolutes, the claim is overstated. If you're willing to accept that we all could stand to raise our level of functioning, the program provides an effective means for getting there. If I claim to be a great cook, it is based on my starting point, NOT on where some world-class chef might be. Does this mean that my ending point exceeds your starting point? Not necessarily. Regardless, if I am pleased with my progress and satisfied with my current ending point, what difference does it make? My reality is not your reality, and progress is a good thing. The product is an enabler, NOT a morphing tool.

So, it is quite possible that this product could take you beyond where you are now. Then again, it might not.

[This message has been edited by mgrego2 (edited April 15, 2003).]

#450 04/16/03 04:22 AM

Was it just me, or did Kristoff's post sort of look like just a bunch of intellectual contradictions with...no one? lol I don't know, maybe I read it wrong, but every statement is like:

"Now this is not to say that I do not exactly agree, which is not to say that I actually disagree."

-youngprer

#451 04/16/03 03:42 PM

Congratulations Youngprer and welcome to the world of uncertainty. The question you bring up about agree/disagree highlights my point. As it stands that formulation implies a binary, a two-valued logic-- i.e. analogous to on/off, present/absent, subjective/objective etc. Those formulations have a limited use, and we construct them artificially--that is to say, abstractly--in our attempts at mapping "how things really are", "reality", "Being", whatever you call it. They really only exist in our abstract symbol-system of such two-valued logic, sort of like much of the mathematics you learn in school, especially at the "higher" levels. They may have some use, but in order to create more accurate maps of "what is really happening" we must recognize and sort-of transcend those formulations. Thus: "Now this is not to say that I do not exactly agree, which is not to say that I actually disagree" may serve to highlight the limitedness that such two-valued orientation imposes on our thinking. Besides I never use double-negatives so excessively...To sum up so far: I aim at establishing a more fluid ontology, which will mainly complement other mental-techniques such as PRing or whatnot, in order to provide a meta-critical foundation- the critical thinking which is aware of itself, and its own criterion, and endeavors to overcome semantic limitations, such as any binary or two-valued logic--on which a more capable "Genius" can develop. This foundation would thus interpenetrate all other layers of mind, "liberating" them in a very 'real' sense. The benefits of such an orientation prove immense, freeing people of dogma, 'irrational' emotion-reactions, and the suffering which comes from any intellectual allegiance-- which really means dependance.

I believe that people who spend valuable time practicing techniques aimed at unlocking Genius owe it to themselves to also work on such a foundation, as it provides the mental flexibility and the penetrating insight necessary for developing more accurate evaluations of "what is really happening". The difficulty with this path lies in the fact that no dogma, no preconceived, bottled and throttled system of metaphysics, can apply. The thinker must shed this baggage for the dead-weight it burdens him/her with. If you ask me that is the true path of knowledge, the true path of Socratic Inquisition, and the path of the Faustian Spirit as I have heavily referenced in my "name".

Unfortunately, the authority-figures, the "little Fathers", which most of our country elects as representative, not only into political offices but throughout our social situation, show little interest in such knowledge, preferring instead to launch moral-crusades, "faith-based" education and to generally retain their position as the sheperds that lead and fleece the sheep; they too live as sheep to impulses and emotion-reaction which, in a sense, herd and fleece them.

So, you can retain whatever beliefs you have about "genius", you can also retain any beliefs you have, but until you have questioned everything about yourself, down to a new foundation, one which, I hope, resembles and reflects a many-valued semantic orientation, containing the inherent understanding that all things sayable "are really just maps of 'what is really going on'", among other things, you cannot really experience Freedom. Wow, I must have mastered the LONG SENTENCE in one of my philosophy classes...

I'll end this lengthy addenda by saying, as usual, that much of my inspiration derives from certain 'philosophical' and 'spiritual' roots including: Zen Buddhism, Deconstruction, General Semantics, Martin Heiddeger, Nietzsche, J.W. Goethe, William Blake, and Taoism. I strongly encourage the study of all of those people/'systems' if you feel inspired or just plain interested by anything I've said. This does not mean that you must abandon the techniques of LSC, nor that I necessarily discredit such techniques, I want it to mean that a broader, deconstructed and liberated basis, provides the best soil from which the flower of Genius can bloom. Furthermore, in studying those systems, one often doesn't understand as quickly as one would hope, but stick with it, try to internalize it, meditate and reflect over it, dream about it, write about it, I promise great reward. Perhaps this world we live in will grow more sane, and suffering can be abolished, the goal, remember, of Buddhism.

Don't take my word for it, See for yourself

Kristoff Lundholm Olafsson

[This message has been edited by Kristoff Olafsson (edited April 16, 2003).]

#452 04/16/03 09:33 PM

Kristoff I'd rather read your well-founded skepticism than read any of Saraswati's caustic remarks. Or did you create her character to see how nuts we'd go...LOL.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved