Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Learning Strategies Admin

Conscious awareness is what you get with activation.

What's the point of reading a book if you can't answer the questions about it. If you can't answer questions about it you can't put the information to use.

You know you can PhotoRead and activate one book a week in less time than PhotoReading ten books plus activating one. The question is what's your purpose?

If you want conscious awareness. You decide how much and then activate, manaully.

Alex

========
You know you can PhotoRead and activate one book a week in less time than PhotoReading ten books plus activating one
======

Exacltly !

Alex , having said that ....sorry about this .. but I still dont understand the purpose of PRing 70 books a week and activating only one of them ... Y not read just 5 and activate all 5 ?? Whats the real purpose of 70 +1 ??

thanks !

People wanting to experience spontaneous activation and having confidence at answering questions after just PhotoReading the book. It helps to build the body mind connection that makes room for spontaneous and faster activation.

Like I said what's your purpose? Pete outlined the 3 month strategy. If you activate 52 books a year and are happy with your activation and whether or not you experience spontaneous activation is not important to you then there is no point in PhotoReading 10 books a day for 3 months.

I do believe that doing it for a couple of weeks to a month will help you to make PhotoReading a habit. For that 3 to 10 books a day will work. 3 would be the minimum. 10 for sport, just to see what it's like.

Alex

OP Offline

Well, this is a hot issue! 11 replies in less than 3 hours !!

Anyways, Alex, does this meen that if YOU ask yourself the questions, will your brain just prompt the answer "> ?!

And also, how accurate will be the answers you get from questions you're asked? If you read a complex book about logic, mathematics or history, with alot of equations and numbers, and the questions are not of true/false or MCQ type, but just (when was..., or how does, or explain...) type of questions, how good will you answer?

A third question that 670 * 10^3 wpm pete reads at, is this just about answering questions? If he manually activated those PRed material, what would be the net result? I aim to know what is the top limit of the PR on avarage.

Thx

quote:
Originally posted by cipherion:
Well, this is a hot issue! 11 replies in less than 3 hours !!

Anyways, Alex, does this meen that if YOU ask yourself the questions, will your brain just prompt the answer "> ?!

And also, how accurate will be the answers you get from questions you're asked? If you read a complex book about logic, mathematics or history, with alot of equations and numbers, and the questions are not of true/false or MCQ type, but just (when was..., or how does, or explain...) type of questions, how good will you answer?

A third question that 670 * 10^3 wpm pete reads at, is this just about answering questions? If he manually activated those PRed material, what would be the net result? I aim to know what is the top limit of the PR on avarage.

Thx

That has already been discussed on this thread.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/005275.html

For claification Pete did not Read at 693,000 WPM. He PhotoRead 693,000 WPM.

Frankly I doubt that he ever had an interest in activating the Patents. Rest assured the books that he does activate he would score even better than 70% He is even able to discuss them. He doesn't have to wait until someone ask him questions.

The reason Pete PhotoRead the Patents at 693,000 a minute, just for the heck of it to see if it could be done.

These days PhotoReaders are able to get into the range of 100,000 to 150,000 wpm with the computer equipment readily avialable.

For the questions, How accurate... How accurate are you now with reading. It varies with every book, prior knowledge, interest in the subject, how you feel will all have an impact.

Now if you want to save time studying I suggest that you follow the steps. Ingnore Petes speed because you can only get that fast on a computer the best speed attainable with a book is about 60,000 WPM.

PhotoReading is a way of getting your reading done faster. I suggest you learn it and do it that way first. Getting through a book in 30-minutes and being able to discuss it at the end of 30-minutes is a real resource staying ahead in your field.

Alex

Alex

I want to get better and better in Photoreading, so that I can apply it easily to my studies.
My question is: it's better to practise many times the 5 days test...or it's better the Pete's method?

Hmmm... this discution is interesting.
I will join to it.
So I have quastions to Pete method:

1) Is this method for learn PR or for improve PR?

2) How much time should I wait between PR next book?

3) I will try to 10 PR one book because 10 diffrent books will be not possible. So what purpose should be for any book if I wan't to learn PR?

4) If I will try to active book at the and of the week and after that I will don't know what was in the book that activation is not complited?
And how much time shuld I spent on the activation time?

5) Should it be non-fiction books?

6) Should I only 10 PR book at day? Without any review etc.?

7) How should looks the activation time for this method? The same like as activation in "Whole mind"? Or diffriently?

Sorry for that much quastion.

mrKrecik

[This message has been edited by mrKrecik (edited September 06, 2005).]

The 3 to 10 books a day is just to help build the body mind connection so to improve your chances of experiencing spontaneous activation sooner.

If you need to have the information for school or exams, use the 5 day test. That becomes your model for stuyding. You are much better off spending time on that if you are studying. Since the more you do it the faster and better you become.

Add to it mind mapping or another form of note making. Review that as part of your Preapare and PhotoRead step. So it becomes Prepare, Review, PhotoRead, Actiavate, Rapid read as a final step.

mrKrecik,

What's you're purpose? What are you trying to achive with all that?

Alex

I can't understand your quastion.
What is my purpose? With what? PR?
I want to learn PR to learnig much faster etc.

For example: 5 day test I will read some non-fiction book. For example about electronics. So what should be my purpose? Try to learn PR?

Meaby could you write a 5 day test for this book? What should be my quastions (for activation step) etc.?

mrKrecik

I couldn't understand one thing: when photoreading 10 books a day...Pete does also the preview and review, or only the PR step?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved