Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Learning Strategies Admin

Are you interested in Autobiographies? Since you said your instructor told you to do that this could cause a BIG problem for purpose if it wasn't your idea or interest.

Purpose is the reason you're reading the book. It explains the goal you want to reach by performing a particular activity.

Like driving to a certain destination you plan to take this route so to reach that destination. It explains the reason why you are doing something. That's all purpose is, an explanation for your action [PhotoReading] to reach a certain outcome [destination, goal].

Finding your purpose is easy when you look for the outcome [goal] you want to achieve.

For autobiographies..
it can be to satisfy my curiosity about...
to find out what make them tick...
to find out how they became famous
to discover what their biggest break was that led them to their successes.

If nothing like than interest you you have no purpose for reading biographies. So find stuff that interests you.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited November 26, 2005).]

When developing mind probing questions should I look through the book in search for the answers? or should I just let my whole mind (subconcious) find the answers for me?

Trigger words are the starting point for mind probing questions. You think about the subject of the book, your purpose and become curious what the answers might be. A big part of reading is prediciting what happens next. That's what mind probing questions fuel.

Alex

What is the big difference between actually reading the pages and scanning over the surface of the pages...If you scan the pages of course you will know a little bit about the book, it doesn't mean you're really photoreading and it doesn't indicate that your mind is giving forth a 'hey I know that already' feeling.

Crumb

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited November 30, 2005).]

It seems to me you're tying to know everything in one activation pass. It doesn't happen that way in the beginning nor will it happen for every book once you become experienced with PhotoReading.

For an example of how to approach activation
check out this experiment. http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002346.html

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved