Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

How do you photoread a dictionary? lets say purpose is to improve your vocabulary.
Whats the trigger words? I dont know how to do the five steps process for this? whats the trigger words? what to dip or superread?

If you are not doing the dictionary game and simply want to improve your vocabulary i would simply just photoread the dictionary for 30 days and see how that effects the vocabulary words that you have chosen to learn.
Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

No need for trigger words. If you ar learning a language you might use the word list in your available study material. See if you can guess the meaning of the words.

If your goal is to improve a language. The do it a little like the dictionary game only guess a word and location and then choose a word next to it to learn. See if you can use it a few times in the next 24 hours. Even with building a vocabulary take a playful attitude.

Alex

quote:
i would simply just photoread the dictionary for 30 days and see how that effects the vocabulary words that you have chosen to learn.
Photoread4me

Do you meen someone should PhotoRead the dictionary daily for 30 days or what?

[This message has been edited by cipherion (edited November 11, 2005).]

Yes; that is exactly what i mean. Someone who is trying to build up their vocabulary should photoread the dictionary for 30 days and see what happens see what kind of effect or impact photoreading the dictionary for 30 days is having while they are building up their vocabulary.
Photoread4me

If your intention is to improve your vocabulary ... then set that as your purpose knowing full well it will come to pass.

I too in the beginning, use to PR the dictionary every morning at work, my original intention was to work on my Photofocus and something after several months magically began to happen.

Part of my job involves communicating via email at work. What I was beginning to notice that I was using words and crafting sentences in such a way was not my way.

Something inside me had changed, my use of newer words to craft sentences and communicate in much clearer ways.

My suggestion to you would be to PR the dictionary every single day, as often as you can (use to take me less than 5 minutes everytime, several time throughtout the day) and you will begin to notice some wonderful things happening ...

Michael

yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

Michael, Based on what you said, I dont need to do the previewing and postreading steps? just the photoreading is enough?

[This message has been edited by yas1891 (edited November 11, 2005).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved