Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46058 11/11/05 08:22 AM
OP Offline

I should have completed my Masters degree in Adult education last month but have not finished three projects, one of which is my thesis. I have done more than enough research to do 300 projects. I should be writing a book but I’m either prolific or stone cold because I cannot get rid of the excess and I have no confidence in my own writing. If I could speak about I am fine. But when I write nothing is good enough. So, I’ve been ¾ done on 3 different projects at least 3 different times. I've probably done more research then I would need for a dissertation but at this rate I’ll not know. My goal is to get them done by the 15th and apply for the doctorate program by Dec 1st.
The way I figure it is if I am to accomplish this, PhotoReading must work because I’d like to do my dissertation on Holistic Faculty Development and its effects on Faculty and Students. I'd already planned on using affirmations. I feel that by developing faculty differently it will create a desire for teaching differently which would assure learning.
It won’t matter if I don’t finish though. I’m going to bring 2 appropriate books for my topic. I know that if some drastic change does not take place in my synthesizing of information, I will only stress my self out not and that is unacceptable because I have a purpose to fulfill.
I can quickly plan a full-blown learning conference without a problem and inspire others. It’s just writing. Is it possible to get closer to attaining my goals with Photoreading? I'd like to be able to take in and understand all my research and then bring out whatever is necessary in my own words. I’m sure I’ve ended up here and now for for a reason. Any feedback is welcome.

#46059 11/11/05 01:26 PM

Hmm ...

This reminds me of my younger days in college.

It was summer time. The carnival had just rolled into our city and well, thats where the girls were.

So, out focus was on going to the carnival and neglecting our studies.

Well, as it would turn out, by the time we new it, the final exam had rolled around and we had not even cracked open or primed our Marketing book.

At the time, we were very competative friends. So we struck a bargain, to see who could 'memorize' the entire 500 page Marketing book in a matter of hours and pass the final exam.

Guess what? We failed. No. We aced the exam and more and learned a valuable lesson that day ... the amazing power of the mind when driven with intent.

You can reach any goal (Hint, Hint ... Writing for example), if that is your intent and I mean your true 100% intent. There can be no room for second guessing. It's all or nothing. If you choose all, you accomplish anything, you win and your confidence soars.

By the way, writing begins the moment your pen touches the paper or your finger presses the first key on the keyboard. Take that first step, and let the momemtum carry you forward.

Michael
So, set your intent on writing and completing those projects. After all they are a true test as

#46060 11/11/05 01:30 PM

Wow! I promise to proof read before submitting next time. Guess I should have had my mornin' brew first!

Story was around a friend and I challenging ourselves as to our abilities and what we could accomplish in a short period of time after we had agreed upon what was our goal.

Michael

#46061 11/11/05 01:38 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

Spare the brew that's what the edit function is for

The icon with the little pencil. It allows you to go back and make some corrections.

Alex

#46062 11/11/05 02:43 PM

Michael, I'm very surprised that you passed the exam, let alone ace it, by cramming at the very last minute. I understand that you wanted to demonstrate the power of the mind when it decides to do something with conviction. But, how many people can do that even if they were fiercely determined without regular study?

#46063 11/12/05 06:06 AM
OP Offline

How nice to have responses. I won't tell you how long it took to write my original post.
I'm not certain if protocol is to answer each response individually but if so, I would definitely not respond as timely so please understand...

This educational journey has been long, hard and intense for the last 4 years and I now have enough credits for 2 masters programs. I could not stay in a program that I did not believe in because to put all my time and energy in anything it had to be for a purpose so needless to say I am very intent or more than fiercely determined.

My whole learning methodology has been stretched to limits that I never dreamed possible from APA formatting to Online Education. Plus, I’m in a discipline that I have a passion for and I have a topic to teach about that I feel will make a big difference in people’s lives if we teach it well. So, I am currently inspired to inspire others and glad to know I am not alone in my endeavors. I welcome your differing perspectives and though I may pray to become the PhotoReading poster child, I know it is not magic but hope that having already been there and knowing what you do of my situation that you could advise me how to best prepare for this weekend in order to get the most out of it and apply it to my current situation? I know nothing is impossible, even the improbable. Forgive me if I sound so desperate, I’m a frazzled grad student that is longing to have time and sanity back again.
Much thanks,
Georgia

#46064 11/13/05 07:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by colourlady:
How nice to have responses. I won't tell you how long it took to write my original post.
I'm not certain if protocol is to answer each response individually but if so, I would definitely not respond as timely so please understand...

No need to answer all just take what you need and respond to that if you want.

quote:
This educational journey has been long, hard and intense for the last 4 years and I now have enough credits for 2 masters programs. I could not stay in a program that I did not believe in because to put all my time and energy in anything it had to be for a purpose so needless to say I am very intent or more than fiercely determined.

Are you in the program because you believe in it or because you spent 4 years at it you decided you have to believe in it?

quote:
My whole learning methodology has been stretched to limits that I never dreamed possible from APA formatting to Online Education.

What if there are no limits?

quote:
Plus, I’m in a discipline that I have a passion for and I have a topic to teach about that I feel will make a big difference in people’s lives if we teach it well.

Ouch, the perfectionist limitation... "if we teach it well"

You might do it badly at first there will be those who learn it anyway.

When you add limitations like that to you intention you freeze like a deer in the headlights. You have given yourself the command that it must be perfect before it starts.

quote:
So, I am currently inspired to inspire others and glad to know I am not alone in my endeavors.

quote:
I welcome your differing perspectives and though I may pray to become the PhotoReading poster child, I know it is not magic but hope that having already been there and knowing what you do of my situation that you could advise me how to best prepare for this weekend in order to get the most out of it and apply it to my current situation?

If you know how to PhotoRead just do it. If you haven't alread learned. Then what you are doing is procastinating on what you do need to do.

[quote][b]I know nothing is impossible, even the improbable. Forgive me if I sound so desperate, I’m a frazzled grad student that is longing to have time and sanity back again.
Much thanks,
Georgia

I'm sorry to tell you this however PhotoReading does not work for the desperate it takes a weekend seminar to learn obviously you don't have that time right now.

Alex

#46065 11/13/05 11:32 PM

I remember some years ago i was viewing a video on photoreading and Pete Bissionette the president of Learning Strategies Corporation was sharing about what or who Photoreading would not work for. Pete mentioned that people needing a miracle people coming from desperation that would not work.

What i suggest to you is that you learn photoreading later in the future and learn photoreading on a book that has nothing related to your schoolwork or your job.In other words learn photoreading on a book (preferably a simple book) a book like a self help book or a hobby. A book that has nothing attached to it in terms of consequences. You can purchase the photoreading book at Borders books & music or at Amazon.com.

After you have mastered photoreading on simple books & feel confident with the system then use it on more complex material.You have a lot to gain from learning & mastering photoreading it's just your current situation is it is now not the the right time now to be learning photoreading.You want to be relaxed when learning photoreading & not stressed out.
Photoread4me

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved