Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by hypertext:
...I am a student of industrial engineering which requires alot of technical learning on uninteresting subjects, but out of fear of failing-serving as the motivational purpose - I persist.

Hypertext why are you studying industrial engineering? And what makes one part of the course uninteresting and the other part interesting for you?

How has PhotoReading changed my life ... you probably won't like the short answer. It really is a topic for another thread.

Alex

To be honest with you I'm fed up with it and will soon be done with the year. The parts that do interest me only sporadically show up in various intermingling subjects and do not represent the heavy weighted subjects in terms of credit points.
What does motivate me though is the challenge of overcomming the crap, which i'm so accustomed to by now and I think the added addition of this qualification will look great on a cv no matter what I decide to do next. I had the impression photoreading might help making it less painful in that regard but its clear that my lack of passion will debunk the purpose. Its apperant plain old traditional rote learning may have to suffice for now.

quote:
How has PhotoReading changed my life ... you probably won't like the short answer. It really is a topic for another thread.

Well I meant in terms of transformation, that is , what your were once and what you are now(and becoming etc). Or maybe this topic has already been covered in a previous thread?

Hypertext.

The motivation to get this over and done with correctly is a good purpose for some Especially if you would have to "do it again if you fail?"

You highlighted exactly the reason why I keep saying to learn the system first on books that interest you. Once you know how it works on interesting books you can make it work on books where you don't have as much motivation other than the commitment you made to do it in the first place.

How PhotoReading has changed my life is a topic I admit I haven't talked about in detail. I still find it difficult to talk about because to explain the change I have to go into the past.

I call my business Phoenix Quest. Because like a Phoenix I am growing from the ashes of personal disaster and for me it is still an ongoing quest. PhotoReading changed my life and there is still a few mountains I have to move. Maybe in a few months I can find the way to tell my story. I've been told I have an obligation to tell my story after having told some of it to a student in my class. Still it's a difficult story to write.

Alex

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved