Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#46418 01/01/06 11:09 AM

Yas1891; you don't read at 25,000 a minute. Photoreading is not reading. Photoreading is exposing the book to the pre-conscious processor.

I haven't heard a word from you about what your mind-probing questions were. Give me 3 or 5 examples of mind-probing questions that you were searching the answers to when you were superreading and dipping.

Explain to me how you superread and dip.
Photoread4me

#46419 01/02/06 06:45 AM
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok, Lets start from scratch.
Prepartion is ok,
Pulling out trigger words, works fine.
Photoreading: I can see the blip page, but I am not sure if I do it correctly. How Important is this step? Very important!. I can see the blip page, something like I II I, the blip is 1-1.5", its like everything doubles and just merge in the center. But when I do the same technique on the computer screen, I can see the text and a shadow around it. Please let me know if I am doing it right then I can move to the next steps.

#46420 01/01/06 10:32 PM

Yas1891; You have not answered my question.Answer my question. Once again tell me, give me 3 to 5 mind-probing questions that you were searching the answers for when you were superreading and dipping.

Explain to me how you superread & dip.

You are spending way too much time and energy on the blip and it sounds like you haven't even formulated your mind-probing questions based on your purpose for reading the book. Instead of obsessing about the blip do this. Look at the crease at the center of the book and keep the 4 corners of the book in your view and imagine a X connecting the four corners of the book. Notice the whiteness of the pages.

To learn how to photoread on a computer screen read page 84 on the Photoreading book 3rd edition.
Photoread4me

#46421 01/02/06 02:04 AM
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

Photoread4me, My questions are:
1- How to approach a difficult person.
2- How to stop him.
3- Precautions for the future with similar case.
4- How to react to these kind of ppl.

Thanks
For the blip page, I wanna make sure that I do it right.

#46422 01/02/06 02:08 AM
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

For the super reading I try to look in the center of each line and scroll down to the end of the book, I try to notice as much as word as possible. Dipping is just like regular reading but faster.

#46423 01/02/06 07:36 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

The probable place you'll find the answer to question 1 see chapter 8
Question 2 see chapter 10
Question 3 see chapter 12
question 4 see chapter 8

My guesses based on the table of content of the book. Not having PhotoRead the book because I don't have a copy those would be my starting points.

About your questions.

I hope that you are only being vague because the details of your reason are personal.

If not...
Then I have to think you only came up with those questions to appease photoread4me.

They are not questions derived from a single purpose nor from trigger words you got from the book. Being as open ended as they are they are a passive approach.

Question 3 and 4 come from a different purpose.

I think a little bit of both is at play, You don't exactly want to discuss your purpose on the forum and your questions are a little vague.

You've also given me enough hints to make me suspect that this book isn't going to serve your purpose anyway amd you broke the first rule of Learning to PhotoRead. Learn on an easy book that interests you first. You've taken a book to deal with a major issue in your life first. That's once of the reason why you've having trouble activating. This is an emotionally charged issue for you.

You are fine with the PhotoReading step. The problem isn't there.

Since it's personal and you probably do want to get anything you can from the book that would help you to solve the problem email me.
I'll work with you through this book so you can learn PhotoReading and find a way to handle this problem

My email address is under my profile. Click on the sunglasses or the envelop for my email address.

Alex

#46424 01/02/06 08:15 PM
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex, no offense but if you simply can tell me where to find the information by looking at the table of contents what is the role of photoreading. What I want is a signal from my inner mind to turn me into the right section of the book. How can I get that signal?

#46425 01/02/06 10:32 PM

I PhotoRead the table of content, index and the available page.

Given your vague questions I would elect to start activating those chapters. And the rest of the information you provided on this thread My inner signals gave me those starting points based on what you asserted your purpose to be.

When you look at the Table of content it would appear that all the chapters would serve your purpose and mind probing questions. However looking at the index and the information about your purpose I doubt that this book does even suit your purpose. So based on your questions those would be the chapters I'd activate first.

Why aren't you getting the signals as to where to dip?

You are learning the system.
You have vague mind probing questions that you made up after you said you spent 10-hours on activation.

e.g How to stop him [From doing what? Why shop hiim doing what? When?]
As a mind probing question it is passive.
You didn't even use one trigger word when posing a question

The 4 questions presented are based on at least two different purposes. You lack a single purpose so how are you going to learn your inner cues if you don't give your inner mind clear directives?

Your expectations from one book, your first book are unrealistic.

To train yourself to dip wherever you get the urge or intuition to dip, you need...
· A purpose (one at a time not muliple purposes in one activation),
· mind probing questions, and the willingness to dip and move on if the answer is not there when you dip. In the beginning you dip more.
· A playful attitude
· Space to learn
· Time to learn
Use NOPS

You say you've spent 10 hours with this book. Then get another book. You don't develop the skill of getting your inner mind to guide you to the right places to dip with just one book.

Alex

#46426 01/03/06 08:06 AM

Yas1891;

"1- How to approach a difficult person."
2- "How to stop him."
3- "Precautions for the future with similar case."4- How to react to these kind of ppl."

Those were your mind-probing questions and you used the purpose that Alex suggested and you are telling me that with superreading it took you 10 hours to superread that book to find the answers to those questions?

Something is not right here. With superreading you are spending about 4 to 5 seconds a page. There is no way you can tell me that if you were spending about 4 to 5 seconds a page that that would have taken you 10 hours to do that.

I have my doubts about whether you are doing the superread and dip process correctly based on the information you gave us that you spend 10 hours on the book. Maybe you are just regular reading. It should not take 10 hours to superread the book you described. Even if you dipped 30 to 50 times it should not have taken you 10 hours to superread and dip and find the answers to those questions you gave us.

Tell me how much time does it take you to superread just one page.
Photoread4me

#46427 01/03/06 08:24 AM

Yas1891;

"1- How to approach a difficult person.
2- How to stop him.
3- Precautions for the future with similar case.
4- How to react to these kind of ppl."

Are you telling me that you used the purpose Alex suggested and that it took you 10 hours to superread and dip to find the answers to those questions?

Something is not right here. There is no way you can tell me that it takes 10 hours to superread the book you described. When you superread it takes about 4 to 5 seconds a page. Even if you dipped 30 to 50 times that would not have taken you 10 hours.

I have my doubts about whether you are doing the superread and dip process correctly based on the information you gave us that you spend 10 hours on the book. There is no way if you are superreading a book 4 to 5 seconds a page that it would have taken you 10 hours to do that.

It sounds like you were regular reading not superreading and dipping.

How much time does it take you to superread one page?
Photoread4me

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved